• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 17, 2017
Just bought Doom 1-2-3 for Switch for under a fiver. Thanks for the heads-up OP!

Still waiting for a decent sale price on turok 1-2. Not paying £15 for each of them.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Why Bethesda keeps doom so expensive on Switch I'll never understand. I ain't paying $30!l for a game that's $6 on every other platform.

Yeah I dont understand it either. What is up with that... it's always like that aswell, not the first time it's heavily discounted on all other platforms at the same time as it's not as on the Switch.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I dont understand it either. What is up with that... it's always like that aswell, not the first time it's heavily discounted on all other platforms at the same time as it's not as on the Switch.

The simple answer is that it's almost 2 years newer on Switch. How much did it cost on other platforms 2 years ago?

Nov 27, 2017
California
Bethesda has Skyrim and wolfenstien for $30+ still so that switch tax is real :( I want cheap portable DOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM

I will get Doom $3 though, never played it before

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Doom 3 was irresistable at that price. Not sure if I will have the guts to get through it. I'm pretty jumpy.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Ah yeah then that would indeed be a Switch problem. I guess it hasn't sold quite as well as it did on the others (understandably, being a late port) so they can't justify that dramatic of a price drop?

Obviously it cant sell as well as the others if it's always much more expensive? :P

I guess we'll never find out.. heh

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017

I liked the game, but Doom 3 is the black sheep of the franchise. It drops a lot of the open space run & gun gameplay of 1, 2, & the 2016 reboot for slower-paced cramped corridor jump-scares. Doom 3 has more in common with horror action games like Dead Space than the rest of the Doom series.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Do you still need that idiotic login to play them?

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Played through a few levels of Doom and some of Ressurection of Evil - they're in good shape on the switch but I miss the stencil shadows in Doom 3. It looks a little bit more washed out in here.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
I've been pretty happy with the '93 and II ports on the Switch, first times playing the games and they are very competent, outside of the game freezing when waking from sleep sometimes.

Only real bummer is not being able to rebind the controls, or use the wireless SNES controller to play the game. I'm not having too much issues playing on the easier difficulties, but wouldn't even attempt to play on the hardest difficulties.

I'll grab Doom 3 now though, wasn't planning on it before this sale. Already have the new Doom installed and waiting for me on my Desktop after I beat 2 and 3 :D

legitshippy

Oct 28, 2017
Bought Doom on Switch a few weeks ago but found the short throw of the joy con analogue made for twitchy playing! The old XBLA version had two turn speeds (quicker if holding run trigger) but also nowhere to be found here.

Still, these are good value if you aren't bothered by that, or playing with a Pro-esque controller.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Ah yeah then that would indeed be a Switch problem. I guess it hasn't sold quite as well as it did on the others (understandably, being a late port) so they can't justify that dramatic of a price drop?
Usually it is because it is still selling well that you don't see the price going lower. Same reason as to why Skyrim is getting 50% off at best.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Dang, Doom still plays so good today. Was expecting it to feel rather antiquated, but it's so smooth and fast-paced (bought on Switch using Pro Controller).

Lyrick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
597 points well spent

Are cheats accessible in 1-3 on Switch, or is that a no-go due to the lack of console commands?
Waiting to hear the answer to this. Played the games to death on PC many years ago, and just simply want to shoot shit up with no consequences.

Hooked up a KB to the Dock and was able to control with WASD etc, but tilde didn't bring up the console

But I did find this under options [Doom]:
y445gs3.png

[Doom 2]
eRPNIHg.png

Doom3 is still downloading

Last edited:

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Never played them, but used Nintendo Gold points to pick them all up.

Thanks for the heads up, OP. Excited to try them out.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Is it just me or does Doom 1 on switch have music loop bug?
You can clearly hear the music on stage 1 stop before it restarts.

May 15, 2019
Would love to double dip for Doom 2016 on Switch if they ever want to price it appropriately instead of multiple times more than the other platforms cost

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just bought Doom 93, Doom 2 and Doom 3 for Switch. Fantastic deal, hopefully the guns in Doom 3 have a flashlight this time around and I don't need to wander around in the dark. Doom 2016 at 50% off for AUS$40 can fuck off though.