• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Easily my least favorite of the DC Universe shows, but I'll probably give it a watch. Hope it goes to DC Universe ASAP because I'm not gonna sub at HBO Max for a while

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So... what the fuck is the plan for DC Universe?

I hope worst-case is them cutting TV and movies and focusing on comics.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Hype !

But at the same time, i loved the first season so much that I don't know if they can keep it up

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Deflated that they didn't announce this for DC Universe but happy it's coming sooner rather than later either way (although I ain't getting HBO Max for this, just canceled my current HBO sub after finishing West World. May re-up for Lovecraft Country in the fall).

Blackflag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I thought DC Universe was going away and some of the shows were going to HBO Max and some going to WB.

Is that still the case?

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
I have immense respect for this show and made it 5 episodes in..... Then fell off

It's pacing, ain't great, even if it has a lot of excellent things to say.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like it'll he the audience it deserves. It sucks they buried this show on some random streamer here in the UK. Only heard good things, but I'm not subscribing to a service for one show.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
DC Universe is pretty much only this, Young Justice, and Harley Quinn for me, so I'll probably cancel this month if everything ends up on another streaming service.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Oh man, so not even like Max and DCU at the same time? Lol, DCU deader than shit. I hope they at least move over the content to Max. Harley Quinn has to find a home somewhere.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Oh buried in the PR but the show will premiere day and date on DC Universe

DC's strangest group of heroes — Cliff Steele aka Robotman (Brendan Fraser), Larry Trainor aka Negative Man (Matt Bomer), Rita Farr aka Elasti-Woman (April Bowlby), Jane aka Crazy Jane (Diane Guerrero), and Victor Stone aka Cyborg (Joivan Wade) — are back again to save the world. That is, if they can find a way to grow up…both figuratively and literally. Following the defeat of Mr. Nobody, the members of the Doom Patrol now find themselves mini-sized and stranded on Cliff's toy race car track.
Here they begin to deal with their feelings of betrayal by Niles Caulder aka The Chief (Timothy Dalton), while confronting their own personal baggage. And as each member faces the challenge of growing beyond their own past traumatic experiences, they must come together to embrace and protect the newest member of the family: Dorothy Spinner (Abigail Shapiro), Niles' daughter, whose powers remain a mysterious but real threat to bringing on the end of the world.

Doom Patrol is produced by Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television with Jeremy Carver, Geoff Johns, Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter and Chris Dingess serving as executive producers. With episodes debuting simultaneously on DC UNIVERSE, the series is based on characters created for DC by Arnold Drake, Bob Haney and Bruno Premiani.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Oh buried in the PR but the show will premiere day and date on DC Universe

Oh well, spoke too soon lol.

The plan is to eventually turn off those streaming services and transition them to Max, give it a couple of months

I realize, but are the original shows going to get renewed? Harley Quinn, Titans, Young Justice, etc.? That seems doubtful. And they already said they won't have Cinemax shows since they won't be doing anymore original shows going forward. So I want to know what lives and what dies to the sands of time

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017

Put Lodestone and Tempest in the show

What does this mean for DC Universe?! I wish Warner Bros. would stop being so quiet on this front.

I'm not going to get rid of DC Universe, as I get so much mileage out of the comics portion, and I'll subscribe to HBO Max, if I have to, but some communication would be super helpful.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Slayven you should update the first post to say that this is also airing on the DC app same day so people stop freaking out.

www.businessinsider.nl

'Doom Patrol' season 2 will debut simultaneously on HBO Max and DC Universe in June

"Doom Patrol" season one debuted as a DC Universe exclusive last year, but season two will be available on both DCU and the upcoming HBO Max.

"Doom Patrol" season two will debut simultaneously on HBO Max and DC Universe on June 25.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Slayven you should update the first post to say that this is also airing on the DC app same day so people stop freaking out.

www.businessinsider.nl

'Doom Patrol' season 2 will debut simultaneously on HBO Max and DC Universe in June

"Doom Patrol" season one debuted as a DC Universe exclusive last year, but season two will be available on both DCU and the upcoming HBO Max.
Thank you, sweet Baby Yoda!

giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Yay now can someone explain what the first season was actually doing

what was the reason Niles was always the same age during the many time skips? His daughter in the end was the reason he betrayed the team from memory. I keep thinking back to the two parter where with the unwritten book etc - that was probably the highlight of the seaaon

with its plot? I enjoyed it but 'some' of the surreal ness threw me. I've spoiler tagged but still.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020

what was the reason Niles was always the same age during the many time skips? His daughter in the end was the reason he betrayed the team from memory. I keep thinking back to the two parter where with the unwritten book etc - that was probably the highlight of the seaaon

with its plot? I enjoyed it but 'some' of the surreal ness threw me. I've spoiler tagged but still.

I'm going off memory here so I may be somewhat off but

I don't think it's made entirely clear how Niles and the rest of Patrol don't age, yet, but at some point it's said, I believe, that part of why he formed the Doom Patrol was to do research on anti-aging so it's reasonable to assume that he at some point either has the formula to reduce aging if not outright immortality and that the individuals in Doom Patrol are in some way connected to it.

And I'm not sure what you are talking in betraying the Patrol. He leaves them because of he thinks his daughter is in danger, yeah, if that's what you mean, but that was more because of manipulation on Mr. Negative's side iirc.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017

He'd been chasing immortality in order to outlive his daughter. One assumes he and Tempest haven't aged because they found some method. In addition one assumes whatever it is isn't good enough for Nile's purposes. Each of the team has their own version of immortality that he was researching.