• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Yeah there was some very specific wordings on Cyborg's girlfriend about not being away from her past yet to make me doubt she is being completely honest with Vic

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Super excited to get to the new season but first I gotta rewatch the first so my fiancee can see it.

Almost done with Danny Patrol, still a great episode, love the musical number.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Question about characters in the preview for the next episode

Is the "pioneers of the unknown" a reference/adaptation of the... Challengers of the Unknown ?

0pDjNhz.jpg

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Those last 10 minutes of this episode were basically 'Well, this escalated quickly' in show form.

kiriku

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this season lacks a bit of focus. Or maybe it's just missing an awesome villain like the first season had. That said, it seems like they're building up to something and I still love the characters, the way they're not afraid to go into dark and sensitive territories, the absolutely bonkers stuff they do in episodes. And I keep hoping for every main character to just be happy. I think that's what makes this show so good for me personally.

BarrBarr

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this season lacks a bit of focus. Or maybe it's just missing an awesome villain like the first season had. That said, it seems like they're building up to something and I still love the characters, the way they're not afraid to go into dark and sensitive territories, the absolutely bonkers stuff they do in episodes. And I keep hoping for every main character to just be happy. I think that's what makes this show so good for me personally.

I think you're right about the focus. The narrative thread this season is meant to be about finding a way to keep Niles from ageing. Besides Time Patrol they haven't really touched on that plot thread, besides mentioning that they need to keep him alive for Dorothy's sake.

On another note, it feels like this season has had a massive downgrade in budget. Last season we had a lot more episodes set outside of the mansion. I am still really enjoying this show, thanks to the writing and the performances. I just wish the show was given more money..

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Not really feeling this new episode; it was maybe the most haphazard and weirdly-paced one this whole season. The first miss for me. I couldn't even appreciate the wackiness this time around.

And this is some cinemasins bullshit but how did the shuttle from 1955 that was meant to take three adults to space have a Dorothy-sized outfit? I shouldn't give a shit but that irked me in a way...it's like they said "what's another wacky thing the crew can do? How about space?" then worked backwards but didn't get all the pieces to fit.

But I get this is also dependent on where the next one goes.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
I think you're right about the focus. The narrative thread this season is meant to be about finding a way to keep Niles from ageing. Besides Time Patrol they haven't really touched on that plot thread, besides mentioning that they need to keep him alive for Dorothy's sake.

On another note, it feels like this season has had a massive downgrade in budget. Last season we had a lot more episodes set outside of the mansion. I am still really enjoying this show, thanks to the writing and the performances. I just wish the show was given more money..
Idk about that, I feel the CGI budget is considerable better than last season.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
This show made me feel sad about two dudes slapping each others asses throughout the entire episodes.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Not really feeling this new episode; it was maybe the most haphazard and weirdly-paced one this whole season. The first miss for me. I couldn't even appreciate the wackiness this time around.

And this is some cinemasins bullshit but how did the shuttle from 1955 that was meant to take three adults to space have a Dorothy-sized outfit? I shouldn't give a shit but that irked me in a way...it's like they said "what's another wacky thing the crew can do? How about space?" then worked backwards but didn't get all the pieces to fit.

about the spoiler : they literally say it was supposed to last 3 generations

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
that ending I hope they to walk back on that decision.
I have a feeling. Miles actually did it because he had a good intent at the end to help Cliff

Cyborg's story is obvious that he's being used.

same
this reminded me of the pacing of Episode 3 juggling all these storylines.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
It is funny, at the moment, the show has me far more invested in the different characters than in the plot. I want to find out what happens with Crazy Jane, I care for Cliff and I'm curious to see if Larry is ever going to be happy. But then Dorothy/Niles come into the picture, and my interest fades.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Episode ended on some interesting threads with Miranda back in charge and Niles going who knows where with Dorothy

Rita being read by the young actress unknowingly portraying her was a funny moment.

Larry founding out he is still has the training wheels on with the negative spirit, while he could potentially master it is interesting.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
The use of Valentina Vostok amused me, then I remember that the CW DC shows never brought back Stephanie Corneliussen who played a version obviously removed from Doom Patrol and "Negative Man"/Larry where Firestorm was used instead.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I think Cliff will eventually drift back to Earth. Other than that, there's not much hope that they can reach Niles. Of course, this will make Dorothy more like to make another wish due to the isolation.

kiriku

Oct 27, 2017

My biggest question was... how could Dorothy even hear Cliff talking during their conversation? And vice versa. But I guess you just have to accept certain things in this show, still love it though.

Oct 25, 2017
The way Niles phrased his last line makes me think he didn't just eject Cliff aimlessly into space. He said we aren't going home which makes me think he did it so Cliff can drift back to earth while him and Dorothy could do some other shit

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Maybe Niles upgraded Cliff with rockets or something that will allow him to land back home. They kept showing the blueprints Niles had.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This season has been phenomenal. The two other ass-tronauts had me dying. Unfortunately, guess they were dying too.

Definitely yelled "what the fuck again Niles" at the end.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
should i try watching this over westworld, true detective season 3, chernobyl, mcmillions, perry mason,

Joni

Oct 27, 2017

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
I watched two episodes last night and a couple things...

I loved Steel and Stone, despite (because of) how unnecessary it was.

Both episodes turn really dark really fast in the last 10 minutes.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Finally caught up and I think I like this season even more than S1. It shows how strong the casting is when Abigail Shapiro (in her 1st TV role) is holding her own against Diane Guerrero.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I finally bit the bullet and subscribed to DC universe (for the comics mostly) and started reading the six issues of My Greatest Adventure that covers first appearance and origin of Larry, Cliff, and Rita before the title was renamed Doom Patrol.

it's amazing how far it's come both in the sense of being a premium TV show and writing (especially of Morrison) and definition of the characters and team, while also keeping so much including the oddball that has been there since day 1.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I had heard about Doom Patrol, but really knew almost nothing about it. I decided to give it a shot and 4-5 days latter I've watched all the episodes. One of my favorite shows out there now. I have to wait weekly!!!!!!!!!!!? Fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1002455509503c19008c957d24c4ecbe5fe92ed8.gif

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So I had heard about Doom Patrol, but really knew almost nothing about it. I decided to give it a shot and 4-5 days latter I've watched all the episodes. One of my favorite shows out there now. I have to wait weekly!!!!!!!!!!!? Fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1002455509503c19008c957d24c4ecbe5fe92ed8.gif
Welcome to the club. For me (and I am a HUGE comic nerd) and my taste I personally think it's the best comic adaption into other media, of any kind of media, ever.

Of course it's not that surprising, while it pulls from multiple eras and stories the bulk of it is sourced or adapted from Grant Morrison's late eighties run into the title which is in my top 2 or 3 comic runs of all time.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
just to double check. This season is only 9 episodes and it was covid shortened right... so it's likely going to have a vary incomplete ending right?

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
just to double check. This season is only 9 episodes and it was covid shortened right... so it's likely going to have a vary incomplete ending right?
Only 9. I may be wrong but I don't think it was COVID, pretty sure the second season was already in the can when that started interfering with everything. At least that was the impression I got.