• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Robotman is my hero. He's such a fuck up, but i can't hate him. Also my god Dr. Tyme, that seems like such a hellscape.

Oct 25, 2017
Took me a bit to get into the show in season 1, but I came around by the end.

Love what Diane Guerrero is getting to do, and really like the rest of the cast except Cybrog.

It's not the actor's fault, it's just that they keep putting Cyborg in things and he's only ever been good in Teen Titans properties.

water_wendi

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the first episode. Wow! This show still has it. The actress they got for Dorothy is terrific!

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the first 3 episodes, as a lttp person due to HBO Max getting it, this just felt like season 1 continued. And I couldn't be happier.

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
A minor spoiler for episode 3, but my favorite response on Twitter

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Did they re-edit the opening credits sequence? Something seemed different about it.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just got through the first episode and I am thrilled it's back!

- Dorothy is fantastic
- Cliff and Jane's little moment <3
- Cliff <3

Hilarious, sad and so many other things the show excels at.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Episode 1 has some good moments.

Cliff and Dorothy at the car.
Cliff and Jane talking about drugs and chief.

Great opening episode

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
All three were fantastic. As a late comer to Doom Patrol (only watched the first season a week or two ago) this has been great. Also:

I missed some of the text on the screen because it was small for me but was it suggesting with that picture of her alongside the tank that Roni was a war criminal? Because that's a really fucked up capstone on a series of reveals for her character over just two episodes.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This is Doom Patrol alright. Meant to watch one but the next thing you know all three down. Only comments I have is in episode 3 with no spoilers the A plot was kind of meh but it's one of the few story's in Grants run I was always meh about so no suprise there, but unlike the comic (and no Rhea so makes sense) they have the B plot about Rita and Larry's relationship which elevated the episode.

And yeah Cliff continues to be the best thing about the show.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
All three were fantastic. As a late comer to Doom Patrol (only watched the first season a week or two ago) this has been great. Also:

I missed some of the text on the screen because it was small for me but was it suggesting with that picture of her alongside the tank that Roni was a war criminal? Because that's a really fucked up capstone on a series of reveals for her character over just two episodes.

PHOENIXZERO

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Just finished the first episode. Wow! This show still has it. The actress they got for Dorothy is terrific!
I didn't look before so I finally checked to see if Dorothy was portrayed by an actual kid and it turns out Abigail Shapiro is just a tiny adult. I feel a little bad for her having to share the first name of the sister of that shithead Ben.

EDIT: Oh shit, her sister is Charlie from Hereditary.

Last edited:

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't look before so I finally checked to see if Dorothy was portrayed by an actual kid and it turns out Abigail Shapiro is just a tiny adult. I feel a little bad for her having to share the first name of the sister of that shithead Ben.

EDIT: Oh shit, her sister is Charlie from Hereditary.

Damn that family is talented.

Also I didn't check the credits because I had to do something right after watching the third episode but

Did she also play Young Chief?

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
So nice that this is back and just as good if not better than ever. Dorothy is perfect.

My anti-Cyborg stance is sadly still in effect, though they are doing something different with him so we'll see how that goes. And I'll always prefer my version of the Chief to be a monster but Dalton is so good I can't really fault the show for the direction they've taken him.

One of the best shows continues to be the best, always a good feeling.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
So nice that this is back and just as good if not better than ever. Dorothy is perfect.

My anti-Cyborg stance is sadly still in effect, though they are doing something different with him so we'll see how that goes. And I'll always prefer my version of the Chief to be a monster but Dalton is so good I can't really fault the show for the direction they've taken him.

One of the best shows continues to be the best, always a good feeling.

That's my only problem with the show, cyborg just doesn't fit in. He feels shoehorned in for recognition. This show doesn't need that, if anything it's detrimental. Hope we're proven wrong.

Otherist

Oct 27, 2017
England
Flnished S2E2, I'm still in love. Just hook it to my veins. The luxuriating in how screwed-up and miserable everything is, leavened with moments of sweetness and bursts of cartoon insanity, like prestige TV having some bizarre fever dream...so, so, so good. I adore these characters and their twisted relationships.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Funny I saw a HBO max post on Facebook about DP and multiple people kept calling it cheap looking and bitching about effects and budget based around Cliff and I had to jump in and be like "have you read the comic? That's not cheap, it's a very accurate adaption of Robotman, that's kind of the point of these misfits".

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
3 down. Still missing Alan Tudyk, but man, Timothy Dalton is a damn champion.

Not sure I'm on board with another "rescue Jane from the Underground" arc, so hopefully the writers have a plan for getting her out of there quickly.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah that is now Chekov's clock-headed man. There's no way that doesn't come back later this season.

Shudouken

Jun 19, 2019
The first season was so good, I went in with high hopes and was not disappointed.
Good to see that we're still getting backstories and character development moments all the time.
Larry and Rita need some more love in this thread.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
The show is more scattershot than usual. Lots of plot lines and flashbacks across these episodes makes them feel kind of messy.

The show is still great though.