• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Great episode, now the wait for season 2. Which looks to start batshit crazy. Can't wait for its return and Mr. Nobody to plan yet another scheme.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
P9l42g0.gif

Adree

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not every episode was perfect but every single one was great on average which is kind of amazing. Best show on tv this year and nothing is going to beat it.

Adree

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh 1000%. He definitely didn't see the Decreator coming which is why I'm very confused on the extent of his power. Like he can alter reality but also sometimes not? I guess the only reason he was depowered was because of Niles's daughter and his own drunken spiral, but he seemed genuinely surprised by Ezekiel when I thought he knew about him this whole time.

He's very powerful in that he can control the narrative (and the meta narrative in the case of when they got in the white space) but he's also just a supercharged idiot so he's easily fooled into thinking he lost his powers (and too stupid to contrive a way out of the painting.) He seems to be able to travel in time within a person's own storyline though so that may be a way out for him.

water_wendi

Oct 25, 2017
Mr. Nobody said something along the lines of, "because of your cro magnon lover that's why those two are outside!" Implying that she did something to enlarge Ezekiel and Whiskers while depowering Niles and his influence on those two.
He says that he went looking for his Cro-Magnon squeeze but all that was left of her was Niles daughter (chip off the old block).

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
I can't believe how good this show is. According to Jeremy Carver, no word from DC Universe about a season 2 as of yet. Will immediately cancel my subscription if they cancel this show.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe how good this show is. According to Jeremy Carver, no word from DC Universe about a season 2 as of yet. Will immediately cancel my subscription if they cancel this show.

Same.

He's very powerful in that he can control the narrative (and the meta narrative in the case of when they got in the white space) but he's also just a supercharged idiot so he's easily fooled into thinking he lost his powers (and too stupid to contrive a way out of the painting.) He seems to be able to travel in time within a person's own storyline though so that may be a way out for him.

Great speculation. That makes complete sense. Or I wonder if Flex will have mercy on him and release him and beard hunter.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Mr. Nobody said something along the lines of, "because of your cro magnon lover that's why those two are outside!" Implying that she did something to enlarge Ezekiel and Whiskers while depowering Niles and his influence on those two.
Iirc Niles daughter was the one to enlarge Whiskers and Ezekial.

Why the weird secrecy around his daughter btw? The way they kept framing her was odd. Is it because they haven't hired the actress? Is the character someone special in the comics?

8bit

Oct 27, 2017

Why the weird secrecy around his daughter btw? The way they kept framing her was odd. Is it because they haven't hired the actress? Is the character someone special in the comics?
Partly the first, in case there is a second series and a known actor is cast but Dorothy is a significant character in the comics.

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, they made Dorothy Nile's daughter?

I should really stop coming in this thread until I'm actually able to watch the show.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
I really hope next season they go into detail about how Niles made the team. Especially Robot man.... how the hell do you orchestrate a living brain? Or Rita's accident?

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope next season they go into detail about how Niles made the team. Especially Robot man.... how the hell do you orchestrate a living brain? Or Rita's accident?
I assume it was basically just Evil Secret Agency shenanigans in Rita's case - found something weird, placed it so it would infect somebody, sabotaged the pier - but Cliff... Yeah, him I dunno. Way too many weird coincidences would have to happen to cause Cliff's accident to happen in a way that his brain was salvageable.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
That...encounter on Danny went full Xavier Renegade Angel lol

Excellent finale to what is by far the best season of any comic related series. DC needs to confirm S2 right now.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I was kinda hoping Rita was gonna actually, ya know, use her powers during that battle scene. When she walked out onto the street to face the roach, I thought she was going to grow super big and fight him for a bit.

And what was with Larry trying to time how long the spirit can be out of him for? In the previous few episodes we've seen the spirit leave his body and him be wide awake for quite a while.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
I was kinda hoping Rita was gonna actually, ya know, use her powers during that battle scene. When she walked out onto the street to face the roach, I thought she was going to grow super big and fight him for a bit.

And what was with Larry trying to time how long the spirit can be out of him for? In the previous few episodes we've seen the spirit leave his body and him be wide awake for quite a while.
Definitely one of my complaints too. It's a shame Rita really hasn't used her powers since episode 4. Her standing in front of Ezekiel just to get eaten was pretty anticlimactic.

Last edited:

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Y'know, I wasn't sure what exactly I was expecting from this finale, but a giant rat/cockroach makeout session was not on the list.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Least favourite episode out of the entire season but that was a damn high bar to fulfill. Fantastic way to end the best DC TV show ever created. Please announce a season 2.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Since we are now voicing complaints, and even with them I still love this show, I also don't get how the chief hasn't aged a single day since 1913. I assumed that the primitive woman Slava somehow gifted him the power of immortality and thus why he remained looking the same after more than a century. Subsequently him passing down that power or knowledge of longevity or immortality to the more recent incarnation of the Doom Patrol.

But we know that isn't the case, it's quite the opposite since it was the chief trying to achieve immorality by studying and using the members of the Doom Patrol. So that doesn't make sense to me unless he was able to achieve immortality after acquiring Larry but then why did he still need Cliff 20 some years later? Maybe this will be addressed during the second season.

If I was a writer for the show I would make it so that the Chief needs to find a new member for the Doom Patrol every 10-20 years in order to remain immortal.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
He says that he went looking for his Cro-Magnon squeeze but all that was left of her was Niles daughter (chip off the old block).

You two are right my bad. It is his daughter lol. Went looking for Niles' bae but found his daughter and then she fucked him over by enlarging Ezekiel and Whiskers.

To answer the question I failed to answered: Mr. Nobody "lost" his powers via Niles' daughter's powers.

How he got it back? Rita got him into a better emotional state where he could control the narrative again.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I watch and go what the fuck am I watching... like a rat making out with a cockroach lol.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Catching up right now.
Episode 13:
Dolores: Flex I don't feel good.

Episode 14:
Holy shit Flex made everybody (except Cliff) came. 😆

Episode 15
Cyborg is a delicious.
Niles has the best wheel chair. Got down those stairs no problem.

It ok finale, but season as a whole is the best Superhero TV this year

Oct 28, 2017
Finished the last episode, the finale went by a little too fast for all the stuff they were including in it but it was still pretty good. A stellar first season for what's probably my favorite live-action superhero show.

Season 2 needs to get confirmed already

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
I read Doom Patrol was the 3rd highest viewed Digital Original in the last year behind Star Trek: Discovery and Titans. Even though it trailed Titans I think the critical praise should be enough to secure a Season 2.

Last edited:

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! It's is all I can say about this Fucking episode of this Fucking Amazing series. Fuck!

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

Harbinger00

Oct 27, 2017

I have to say, I remember thinking how odd the positioning of the truck that Cliff hit was. It definitely looked like it had been parked there instead of being jackknifed or crashed. They were probably onsite to keep the brain alive then.

In Rita's case, she fell through a rotted board, right? that wouldn't have been too hard to engineer.

edit: also, it's pretty clear Niles found something right? Because both he and Joshua look like they haven't aged at all.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
I do like how Mr. Nobody had to own himself just to...... Lose to The Doom Patrol lol. It fits perfectly with his character.

Yeah Joshua hasn't aged at all and he didn't marry a mystical cave woman at all.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping Mr Nobody to become a side-character next season, so we don't lose him.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, what ultimately did in Nobody is that he played himself. He accidentally used his powers to make a world where he wasn't almighty powerful and ended up stuck. The giant cockroach and rat were sort of secondary.

Yeah, he almost wanted to be defeated because when he "won" his life had no further purpose.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished episode 5. This show is like the absolute perfect vehicle for Alan Tudyk. I love the entire cast.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I finished this show yesterday. Let me just say, I've watched a lot of tv over my 35 years. This is the best show I have ever seen. Holy shit. Episode 8 and 14 are my favorites. In my veins!

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Mr. Nobody is an overpowered schmuck with an inferiority complex. He basically defeated himself then Rita pep-talked him into helping himself and them.