• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw the episode. Flex flexing was... amazing.

And the end
I knew they were doing THAT storyline!

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Seriously, this is in the running for one of the best seasons of any show, ever. I've rarely seen a show be this consistently great.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That twist is lame after reading the comics.

I hope they
make it so he was even responsible for Mr.Nobody too

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
It started with some cracking one-liners before that incredible orgasm
scene that gave me the biggest laugh I've had in a long time. Then it moved on to the emotional character moments driven by Mr. Nobody's meta-narration before the Doom Patrol flipped the script. Then there was a clever anticlimactic battle, a surprise time loop and a crushing revelation.

The cast and crew all deserve Emmys.

Maybe hide your spoiler? The best part is how unexpected it was.

Otherist

Oct 27, 2017
England
A very interesting note on which to go into the season finale. I'm glad it seems like they really are just keeping everything character-driven all the way through.
The twist wasn't much of a surprise as I'd kind of been waiting for it all season, but I have no idea how they intend to handle it from here on out.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Mr Morden (pre Mr Nobody transformation) from the first appearance of the Brotherhood of Evil

tumblr_pn34syY4W21rvm5qqo2_500.jpg

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Damn that was a killer episode. Unless they really drop the ball hard in the finale, this will go down as one of the all time great comic adaptations.

Someone has to gif the "Mass Orgasm" scene for E3 purposes

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Watched the free pilot on YouTube and I kind of love this show. I wish it was watchable somewhere where I didn't have to pay for it. Too damn many subscription services in the world. :(

gryvan

Brooklyn Rage
Oct 25, 2017
i was looking around online for Doom Patrol discussion and found this posted on reddit. i knew the outfit was different but it didnt dawn on me what they were going for until i saw this comparison.

Yeah i definitely noticed that too. Vic wasn't wearing his usual so that got me off extremely suspicious

water_wendi

Oct 25, 2017
What a great ride. This series totally caught me off guard. It feels like something special just ended. Heres to hoping for a S2. And now its on to the comics!

edit:
And lol @
Jane slipping on roach guts on her way out. Also the Brotherhood of Dangerous Animals!

Hosanna!
kEcG9cp.gif

Last edited:

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
I wanna spread you like the Plague, daddy.

Just a great capper to a great season. Easily one of my favorite comic adaptations yet and certainly the high watermark when it comes to character drama. Cyborg is still just kinda blah, though.

The thing I love about this show is how, despite all the crazy and hilarious things that happen every episode, it is the littlest moments that latch onto me. This episode had the amazing way Cliff got out of his predicament but I am all about Rita and Larry just rolling up on some scooters.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
The finale is today right? Might have to sub and watch it all now.

Do they setup a Season 2 at all? Thought it was strange that they did a 15 episode season when all the other shows got like 10 episode seasons.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
The finale is today right? Might have to sub and watch it all now.

Do they setup a Season 2 at all? Thought it was strange that they did a 15 episode season when all the other shows got like 10 episode seasons.
They've been setting up season 2 for a while now.

with the Brotherhood of Evil

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
This is such an amazing show, not a single disappointing episode and the payoff was incredible in the season finale. It was an emotional, delightful and often times hilarious journey and I can only hope that it gets renewed for a second season. I want to see how much more insane and creative the show gets with her in the team.

G8PlJiy.png

water_wendi

Oct 25, 2017
The thing I love about this show is how, despite all the crazy and hilarious things that happen every episode, it is the littlest moments that latch onto me. This episode had the amazing way Cliff got out of his predicament but I am all about Rita and Larry just rolling up on some scooters.
There is a lot of care poured into the show and it really comes through in a big way. The part with Rita
looking at her phone and seeing messages from the student thats bullying her.. sometimes with this show i dont know whether to laugh or cry.
pb1yF1t.jpg

Also i dont think theres ever been a show or movie ive seen where ive loved every single character. i'm interested in everyone. i love how the show did different pairings throughout the seasons.

Oh, also the recap! i usually skip recaps all the time. Dont skip the recap!

Last edited:

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
I lost it when Mr. Nobody made Ezekiel and Whiskers do his bidding lol. He's one of my favorite DC TV villains/anti-hero(?) along with Reverse Flash. Just great development and great acting. Bravo!

This is easily one of my favorite DC shows so far. Great everything.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
They've been setting up season 2 for a while now.

with the Brotherhood of Evil
Dorothy Spinner & Danny the Brick

Brotherhood of Dada next season?

So good, never thought I'd see the Doom Patrol on screen so well realised.

Oh, and guessing old man Arnold was a nod to Arnold Drake.

Last edited:

gryvan

Brooklyn Rage
Oct 25, 2017
Btw was it ever explained that

how Mr. Nobody lost his power when he was trapped inside the painting with danny?

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Loved this show and I can't wait for the next season. Hope Swamp Thing turns out as good.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Uh is anyone else unable to log in to DC Universe? It won't even send me a password reset email.

Never mind they sent an email like 10 min later. Weird.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow this finale was incredible. I was dying at the rat and cockroach making out.

Again though as a Christian I hate it when shows do the whole "God's not real" thing which barely makes sense in a universe with Constantine and demons and whatnot but it fits into Mr. Nobody's edgy schtick and also wallowing in his depression, but also helped build up Ezekiel's psychology and motivation who despite the episode title I did not expect to have such a huge role.

Literally everything this season tied together. This is literally one of the best seasons of television I have ever seen. Not one bad episode, I even loved the Beardhunter one.

Would like to spill more thoughts later, but overall I am very satisfied.

Oct 25, 2017
This season finale was batshit crazy. I love this show even more. Mr. Nobody is officially my favorite comic book TV show villain.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Fantastic finale.

"... finally they came together!" Best call-back ever.

Wow this finale was incredible. I was dying at the rat and cockroach making out.

Again though as a Christian I hate it when shows do the whole "God's not real" thing which barely makes sense in a universe with Constantine and demons and whatnot but it fits into Mr. Nobody's edgy schtick and also wallowing in his depression, but also helped build up Ezekiel's psychology and motivation who despite the episode title I did not expect to have such a huge role.

Literally everything this season tied together. This is literally one of the best seasons of television I have ever seen. Not one bad episode, I even loved the Beardhunter one.

Would like to spill more thoughts later, but overall I am very satisfied.

Who's to say God isn't real in the DP universe? Mr. Nobody doesn't know everything.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic finale.

"... finally they came together!" Best call-back ever.

Who's to say God isn't real in the DP universe? Mr. Nobody doesn't know everything.

Oh 1000%. He definitely didn't see the Decreator coming which is why I'm very confused on the extent of his power. Like he can alter reality but also sometimes not? I guess the only reason he was depowered was because of Niles's daughter and his own drunken spiral, but he seemed genuinely surprised by Ezekiel when I thought he knew about him this whole time.