• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
there was also that scene in the first(?) episode where he stayed in his room for years

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah i think its reasonable to guess there are quite a few personalities Cliff hasnt met yet. And this show is legit good.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, Cliff was in that room for a couple decades if I'm remembering correctly
I wondered about that. I know they showed him in there for decades buy wasn't sure if he was literally in there just sulking away. I guess he was. That explains why he didn't know who she was the first time she showed up in episode 1

Matt Bomer really sold that musical scene. I felt so bad for him as he was singing and feeling like himself again. Tragic

rude

Oct 25, 2017
This show...why is it so perfect? Karen and the lip sync sequence were amazing. Danny was really well done too.

It's sad that barely anyone seems to be watching this, but I understand the streaming service fatigue.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
This show is amazing.

I never read the comics but I know a lot of people were hoping for Danny Street. They did well to pave the way for it to work visually on screen by giving us other crazy stuff like Donkey's Ass, Nernheim and the Decreator first. Agent Wilson was an effective human face for the storyline as well as an interesting link to Larry's past. I would love to see them delve into Danny's origin liked they teased.

Rom-Com Karen with all the cliches was a hoot. Karaoke Larry and the robot dance-off were heart-warming.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
I'm paused at 17:10..... This is fucking awesome is all I have to say.

Edit: 45 minutes.... Except it's Jennifer Beals.

Kid: woah. Who?

I love how this scene is so authentic and organic. It feels natural.

Last edited:

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
This fucking world needs a Danny street everywhere.

Another solid episode.

Cyborg - his time with The Doom Patrol is needed because it allows him to reevaluate himself and his worth in this world. I feel like if he had his own show and origin we wouldn't be getting him exploring so many aspects of humanity. This show has allowed him to grow and experience so many different aspects of human and metahuman experiences that it should factor into his acceptance into the Justice League in this universe.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, how does this show keep doing it. That whole musical number was fucking fantastic and really moved me.

This might be my favorite episode yet.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Lol that music routine and that twist reality.
Cyborg and Larry aren't really needed to defeat that antagonist for this episode.

That Jane tunnel was creepy.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I've been watching but not posting, this show has been pretty awesome. That last episode was wonderful!

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I hope this show catches on. It being on DC Universe makes it harder entry for people. But man, Doom Parol is great, and gives me hope that the other series there will be as great. Titans hopefully will be able to focus on their team as they don't need to introduce anyone.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Maura Lee Korupt...
Morally Corrupt :V

Nice episode, but Larry really should've done that music number because it was AMAZING.

Nice shout out to My Greatest Adventure in the end XP

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
This show is something special.

And I know Danny the Street and musical numbers were the highlight, but there was something special about Cliff forming that brief friendship with the robotboy.

Nov 1, 2017
I've never heard of Doom Patrol before this show but I'm loving it so far. Just weird that all this is in continuity with Titans.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Based on the preview

So Jane's personalities don't actually all look like her yeah? Was expecting 64 different Guereros lol but this may be better. Guessing the prison guard was hammerhead? And seeing a full episode of regular Fraser should be a delight.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Based on the preview

So Jane's personalities don't actually all look like her yeah? Was expecting 64 different Guereros lol but this may be better. Guessing the prison guard was hammerhead? And seeing a full episode of regular Fraser should be a delight.

They are different people, but they share one body. So it would kinda make sense that they wouldn't look like the original persons mind. Really excitedto see this episode.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
This show is one of the best shows on on any platform this year or even the last couple of years. It is up there with 'Better Call Saul', 'Happy!' and 'The Expanse' for me and those are my three other favorites. Almost every element of 'Doom Patrol' is excellent. It is worth 8 bucks a month for DCU by itself but there is a lot of other stuff to like.

This scene with Larry as many people have said was so effing perfect. Don't watch if you haven't started DP yet.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Is the only way to watch this the dc universe app? Is it not on any other streaming service? You have to pay for the DC app right?

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
This show seems pretty good from the impressions. Interested in checking it out. Is it similar to the CW stuff or is the writing at least better? :P

rude

Oct 25, 2017
This show seems pretty good from the impressions. Interested in checking it out. Is it similar to the CW stuff or is the writing at least better? :P
I'd say Titans is the one that feels like an elevated CW show. Doom Patrol is the one that feels like quality television in every aspect.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
This episode was a treat. I've never read the comics so I had no idea Danny was a thing but I had a smile on my face the entire time despite that. The musical number just topped it all off amazingly.

I hope this episode becomes a highlight of 2019 for streaming series. It's so weird but was pulled off so well.

Not to mention great LGBTQ representation is always appreciated in big series like these.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
This is one of the best shows I've seen in awhile and I watch a lot of tv. So damn good all the time. Really hope this gets renewed (officially).

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this may be the best Superhero tv show ever. I know that sounds like mad hyperbole but...this is just...

How can anything compare to this show at all with how every episode captures the picking up an issue and going on an outrageous adventure while still developing the characters? Umbrella Academy is what most people will watch, which kind of sucks, cause that feels like a lesser version of this.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Rewatched the episode and there's some underrated lines. "Manic Pixie Dream Girl" is fantastic lol

Oct 28, 2017
This show keeps one-upping itself every episode it's insane, I cannot wait for Flex
This show is something special.

And I know Danny the Street and musical numbers were the highlight, but there was something special about Cliff forming that brief friendship with the robotboy.
I really hope we see more of Cliff with that robotboy

davidnolan13

Oct 27, 2017
north east uk
so far im loving doom patrol despite not having any previous connection with the source material, every episode has had something thats just made me go that was cool, wtf or holy crap. To be fair its been one of the most enjoyable things ive seen in a while, i actually look forward to each episode.

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
so far im loving doom patrol despite not having any previous connection with the source material, every episode has had something thats just made me go that was cool, wtf or holy crap. To be fair its been one of the most enjoyable things ive seen in a while, i actually look forward to each episode.

Honestly any adaption should be enjoyable without connection to the source material.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Nah your were fantastic Larry.

Everyone seems frightened of mr. Nobody his powers must really be something tho i think it requires people to enter within his narrative for his control to work.

They gave us a small snippet of how his powers work, and it's something like he manipulates the energies of something and the fears and weaknesses of people. Give in to his power and he wins. The last Doom Patrol, despite their appearances and power sets, were too flawed as a team and as people, and Mr. Nobody was able to defeat them rather easily.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Finally was able to start watching. On episode 3 now and this show is so damn good!!! I think I should be caught up by Friday assuming nothing unexpected happens in the evenings this week.

gryvan

Brooklyn Rage
Oct 25, 2017
I was super hyped and excited for Danny the Street. This show delivered EVERYTHING PERFECTLY!

gawd this show needs to be noticed more I swear......

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
I was super hyped and excited for Danny the Street. This show delivered EVERYTHING PERFECTLY!

gawd this show needs to be noticed more I swear......
Definitely one of the detriments of being on a niche streaming service. This woulda blew up on Netflix I feel, similar to Daredevil.