• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I didn't even know there was a 'battlepass' type thing with timed rewards you have to grind out. Didn't even play the game until yesterday (bought at launch) - am I out of luck if I want the first batch of items?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping they'd fix the bug where Doomguy is made of wet tissue paper and dies instantly when an Imp so much looks at him funny.

dont kill me i like the game

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Marauders are hard, but not unfair. If I, someone who absolutely sucks at shooters, can beat it with a controller, anyone should be able to take down a Marauder, lol.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
ah yes malware being touted as a feature very cool

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Have they fixed some of the game breaking bugs like the Shotgun bug that crashes the game when you fire with the fullauto mod.

DarkSora

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
Does it add a proper deathmatch mode?

I actually liked 2016's multiplayer. :(

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
They finally fixed the map in HDR but put it behind a fucking kernel-level anti cheat for a mode literally no one gives a shit about. Super cool, glad I already beat the game and uninstalled.

Last edited:

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
Wait, they require the kernel level install even if you only play the single player game? They should separate the modes and give a choice. There's no sense in forcing people who never touch the multiplayer mode to install it.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Are people still mad at Marauders lol? I thought at this point everyone knew the trick to killing them with the sniper laser/super shotgun/sniper laser quick switch. They are one of the easiest enemies

Evilmaus

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, they require the kernel level install even if you only play the single player game? They should separate the modes and give a choice. There's no sense in forcing people who never touch the multiplayer mode to install it.

This. I've not actually bought the game yet this year although it was a dead cert that I would.
Now I have no plans to buy it until I can avoid this kernel level anti-cheat bullshit for a mode I'm never gonna touch.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Are you guys serious now? What's with the Trump-level equivalent mindset?
How is deciding what you want installed onto your PC "Trump-level"? They bought the game, which now needs an additional thing to be installed, a thing which they do not want to install. I fail to see how it's "Trump-level" to want a refund when this wasn't communicated beforehand.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
How is deciding what you want installed onto your PC "Trump-level"? They bought the game, which now needs an additional thing to be installed, a thing which they do not want to install. I fail to see how it's "Trump-level" to want a refund as this wasn't communicated beforehand.
Agree. This is totally not okay. Especially when you aren't even interested in the multiplayer.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Are you guys serious now? What's with the Trump-level equivalent mindset?
What about this is "Trump-level"? It's a highly intrusive anti-cheat that opens your system up to a myriad of potential security vulnerabilities and problems. One only has to look at Valorant to see the potential harm this type of anti-cheat implementation can bring.

It also doesn't help that it's all in service of a game-mode no one really cares for.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Does the link above not say we can uninstall the anti cheat stuff?

Not saying it's good but I would still like to play this game... I have it installed and can't play it at all until I download this update (I hate that)

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Does the link above not say we can uninstall the anti cheat stuff?

Not saying it's good but I would still like to play this game... I have it installed and can't play it at all until I download this update (I hate that)
You can uninstall it but the game won't launch if it's not running. Even the single-player mode (which is all I care about).

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
I mean you know where you are posting. I can't imagine you thought comparing someone to Trump would actually go over well lol. Though I don't think anyone knew what you were trying to say honestly

That a conspiracy nutjob of a mindset is not what the forum needs. But never mind, I'll get out of this thread now. :p