• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting how far we've come. I remember the year before the first Doom's release where there was a LOT of concern that the game was shaping up poorly, then the game came out and completely obliterated expectations. Now the much anticipated sequel is on the horizon and is expected to be just as good, if not better. What a turnaround in perspective.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work

Here's the VOD of everything before the trailer. There's a lot of music here. And it's fucking great.

Teddie28

Nov 2, 2017
Interesting how far we've come. I remember the year before the first Doom's release where there was a LOT of concern that the game was shaping up poorly, then the game came out and completely obliterated expectations. Now the much anticipated sequel is on the horizon and is expected to be just as good, if not better. What a turnaround in perspective.

Yeah I remember people were really down on the game before it came out.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Jesus fucking Christ, it looks AMAZING. I know this year is loaded with big games, but this is a huge GOTY contender for me.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
thats because everytime they showed the trailer, they played slowly with a controller.
a couple of days before release nvidia had a small presentation on their new cards and they showed proper mouse/kb gameplay and it was incredible, and suddenly people were hyped.

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, all the previews they did for Doom 2016 were bad. Slow movement, slow camera panning, overuse of glory kills.

I expected the game to be really bad. It wasn't until the NVidia gameplay video a few days before the game launched when we actually saw how the game actually played like.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game didn't preview well. And they focused a ton on the multiplayer, which no one cared about then or now.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017

they completely fucked up the presentation on that, as evidenced by no single player dlc and just MP dlc. it wasnt til almost day of release because of the embargo word of mouth was so positive even among hardcore doom fans that the tide began to turn on 2016. this was a game they revealed at quakecon then didnt show for a year, had been rebooted at least once (it was a CoD clone that was called Doom 4 and cancelled when it was close to finishing) and then the gameplay they did show looked like ass. really an incredible turn around for a game that was incredible all along

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
Game looks great. Really looking forward to it.
Is the RTX implementation going to make it on time or will it come with a later patch (like Wolfenstein Youngblood) ?

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This is one of the big reasons I built my new PC rig, and I pre-ordered the collector's edition as soon as it was available. id has been my favorite developer since I was a little kid. I go to QuakeCon, I can see their old Mesquite, Tx office (THE CUBE) from where I work, and you can bet your demonic ass I will not be working when the game comes out

Bring👏 it👏 the👏 fuck👏on👏

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018

It wasn't until that Nvidia Mouse & Keyboard gameplay demo a month or so before release that I started to think... "DOOM 2016 may actually be good." They'd focused so much on multiplayer, and the E3 2015 demo was slow-paced, heavily focused on glory kills, and had that horrible piss-yellow filter.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil

Everyone was afraid it would try too hard to be a modern shooter and please the COD fans (apparently, the first version of the game that was being developed with John Carmack still onboard was going on this direction). There was also some worry about the pacing and the glory kill system which was slower the first time they showed the game.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly don't like that there seem to be actual cutscenes this time around, like Doomguy jumping around doing heroics and shit? I liked that the first game was told entirely from his perspective, idunno, something about that just rubs me the wrong way and makes it look way generic.

Psyrgery

Nov 7, 2017
There's hints of DOOM3 in the trailer music (reminiscent of the start of that game when the game is introducing its characters and the UAC)

Furthermore, the trailer is pure SEX.

Only 2 months to play this gem

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Too much narrative happening there :S kind of backtracking from 2016's stripped down distillation.
Also, i really really hate having a sword, i really hope the great crunchy sound effects aren't eliminated for slashy slicing.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks amazing, though I don't think I like their half-showing the doom slayer's face through the visor. His helmet is his face to me.

32X4LYF

alt account
Banned
Dec 25, 2019
Honestly don't like that there seem to be actual cutscenes this time around, like Doomguy jumping around doing heroics and shit? I liked that the first game was told entirely from his perspective, idunno, something about that just rubs me the wrong way and makes it look way generic.

Same here. I also wasn't a fan of the style of the trailer. That stupid looking lady alien thing talking. The whole usurper shit. Doom should just be slaughtering demons, this extra shit looks kinda stupid.

patientx

Oct 26, 2017
I know the Switch version got delayed, but not even a logo at the end?
I specificly put credit on eshop to buy this last year, it got delayed OK I said stay strong , will buy it on march and it is now unknown... I spent all the money I have on eshop on civ6 + witcher 3. I am not waiting on it anymore. If they are going to release it like the other big games (months or years later then other systems/pc ) I would probably get it on PC now.