• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Thicc Enigma

Alt-Account
Banned
Apr 18, 2020
097ad8f2fb33a89d594929a24af36723.gif

news.xbox.com

Doom Eternal - New Master Level is Available Now, Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass for PC - Xbox Wire

Prepare yourselves: The Super Gore Nest Master Level is available now. Experience a fresh new challenge and the chance to earn cool rewards. That’s not all! More Slayers will join the fray December 3 when Doom Eternal arrives with Xbox Game Pass for PC! New Master Level: Super Gore Nest Like...
Prepare yourselves: The Super Gore Nest Master Level is available now. Experience a fresh new challenge and the chance to earn cool rewards. That's not all! More Slayers will join the fray December 3 when Doom Eternal arrives with Xbox Game Pass for PC!

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
Worth noting this is specifically on Game Pass for PC.

Had me confused for a second as I am already playing this on Series X.

Flex1212

Jul 12, 2019
Anyone know when the next gen patch is dropping? I'm holding off playing this until then.

OP
OP
Thicc Enigma

Thicc Enigma

Alt-Account
Banned
Apr 18, 2020
I will basically stop buying games at this stage. Just wait a year and if it was not on gamepass I'll buy for cheap.
Tell me about it. That's how I feel about purchasing games on Xbox. No need to purchase first party games anymore when you'll already have access to it if you have Gamepass and even so to a lesser degree when purchasing third parties.

Dec 26, 2019
Neat. I loved Doom 2016 but didn't jump on this because of the luke warm reception. Will gladly check it out with gamepass.
"Luke warm reception" in what world? Without the Denuvo outrage it would easily stand at >90% positive on Steam and recent reviews are overwhelmingly positive (97%). Some people really need perspective outside of era.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow...have to decide whether I should use xCloud on the cheap Android phone I just bought to play this or buy the Switch version.
This and achievements/rewards point to the former but so curious how well it runs on Switch.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Looking forward to checking this out! Loved the first, and despite the lukewarm reception on the second, I think there's a good chance I'll enjoy it.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Wow...have to decide whether I should use xCloud on the cheap Android phone I just bought to play this or buy the Switch version.
This and achievements/rewards point to the former but so curious how well it runs on Switch.
You could have been playing via the cloud for a long time now. It's been on game pass for a while.

Kent

Jun 4, 2018
Looking forward to checking this out! Loved the first, and despite the lukewarm reception on the second, I think there's a good chance I'll enjoy it.
As someone who absolutely loved Doom 2016:

Doom Eternal is fantastic. The big issue is that the parts that miss the mark a bit really stand out since so much else of the game is of such a high quality level.

If you enjoyed Doom 2016, you will certainly also enjoy Doom Eternal, though you'll probably have a couple reasonable criticisms about it by the time you're done.

viandante

Apr 24, 2020
it's been december 3rd for over six hours where i live and i'm not seeing this - do these releases typically drop in the afernoon (USA time) or something?

viandante

Apr 24, 2020
anybody else still having trouble getting this?

it's now showing up under "recently added", but when i click it there's only a buy option, no straight install (as there is with every other "recently added" game to the right of it on the list)..

jonamok

Oct 28, 2017
Showing up as purchase only for me. Weird.

Edit: Yep, install available now.

Last edited:

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I see it in the xbox app. When you open it. Its like right under with recently added and you can click install

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
okay, why is the Xbox App so garbage? I have a very good internet speed, I can download games on Steam, Epic and Origin without issue.
But it's this app, this garbage pos app where I always have issues. Downloading takes twice as long, and sometimes even more because I have to babysit it.
f2f1470ef0c9664250dd750f517003fb.png

it's always this fucking problem, I upgraded my PC recently so I have entirely new parts and I STILL get this stupid issue. Why is this app so terrible? I've had it since I joined GamePass PC in July. It's hard to say nice things about the Xbox PC App or call the Epic Games Store or Origin worse launchers, when it fails to do the most basic stuff a launcher should do: download games.

edit:
ab271e8fc1a6f4042776d5432b38dd64.png

Last edited:

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
The Xbox app is garbage. I don't onderstand why they don't let me use the MSI afterburner overlay...

Also I just spend 15 minutes trying to figure out how to get sound in Doom Eternal using my Sony XM3 headphones...

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
okay, why is the Xbox App so garbage? I have a very good internet speed, I can download games on Steam, Epic and Origin without issue.

But it's this app, this garbage pos app where I always have issues. Downloading takes twice as long, and sometimes even more because I have to babysit it.
f2f1470ef0c9664250dd750f517003fb.png

it's always this fucking problem, I upgraded my PC recently so I have entirely new parts and I STILL get this stupid issue. Why is this app so terrible? I've had it since I joined GamePass PC in July. It's hard to say nice things about the Xbox PC App or call the Epic Games Store or Origin worse launchers, when it fails to do the most basic stuff a launcher should do: download games.
Idk man i never had an issue with any game when it comes to playing or installing, worked for my friends too all the time. Its the platform i play most games on. Have you contacted MS?

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I wish Control was coming to Game Pass PC...it was only announced for Game Pass console

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
Has anyone installed this yet? I'm not sure if it's because it's the Microsoft Store version or what, but as soon as I change my resolution and turn off motion blur, my FPS in the menus drops from 350 down to 10, and then it freezes the entire game.

Maybe it's a bug?

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
Idk man i never had an issue with any game when it comes to playing or installing, worked for my friends too all the time. Its the platform i play most games on. Have you contacted MS?
I always have this issue with games over 6GB, contacting them, they only tell me how to solve it on my Xbox. But I don't have an Xbox, they're useless - when I tell them it's on PC they are just perplexed

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
I always have this issue with games over 6GB, contacting them, they only tell me how to solve it on my Xbox. But I don't have an Xbox, they're useless - when I tell them it's on PC they are just perplexed
Thats weird. You did select the Xbox (PC) option or whatever its called when contacting support instead of just xbox right?