• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why is the video in 30 FPS? That's the first impression of the console version. I mean, there is no chance this game is running at 30 FPS on consoles.

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did they confirm 60fps for consoles?
No, but they always say DOOM Eternal is about high framerates and speed, so 30 FPS wouldn't be in line with their marketing

Are you saying it'll be higher or lower?
I'd hope for higher, but looking at the PC requirements, I wouldn't expect it..

Well if the game would run at 30 FPS on consoles, those requirements would make sense. But I doubt it, also they are removed now so it was likely an error.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Given some of the tech involved, like the body dismemberment and larger environments, I was worried about Doom Eternal managing to achieve 60fps on consoles.

I'm starting to suspect this is going to be a cross gen title, with the "true" experience being saved for next gen systems.

Edit: ninja'd by the post above me. I really hope that's true and not a developer overpromising.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Why is the video in 30 FPS? That's the first impression of the console version. I mean, there is no chance this game is running at 30 FPS on consoles.

I am hoping it is in 30fps because it was just uploaded and it is taking time for youtube to properly do the 60fps. Or this was taken off the PS4Pro that can only record at 1080/30 I think...

FriendlyNPC

Oct 27, 2017
I like it. The quality of the motion blur since ID Tech 6 is really good. I played Wolfenstein:TNC and Doom 2016 at 120 fps with it maxed out.

Sadly, I don't :(. Every time the player turns around everything on screen gets turned to mush.

Luckily I will be playing this on PC so disabling this isn't an issue for me but I just hope PS4 players will be able to disable this as well.

HeyNay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
This looks fun, but it looks like DOOM 16 on crack and speed, and I thought the pacing of the combat in '16 felt just right. The videos kinda make it look relentlessly hectic for the sake of sheer engagement, but my eyeballs are buggin out just watching it. I'm gonna get a bowl of fruit loops and sprinkle some cocaine on it before I play it I guess.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Looks a little slow & sluggish if I have to be honest, and the aiming (dead zone) seems really unresponsive.
Feels like a console port that's overly reliant on aim assist instead of having genuinely great analog aiming (i.e. Rainbow Six Siege)

Also why is the video in 30fps? Not a good choice if you're trying to showcase the port, which is supposed to be ''60fps''

Last edited:

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 week): Platform wars. Trolling. History of similar behavior.
console doom..........

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
How do you get an exclusive Doom Eternal console version reveal and limit your video of it to 30fps?!

It's so weird... Like. Do they make enemies slower on consoles or what?
It's the mostly static cursor, with mouse it's always moving and usually very fast increasing the sense of speed. There's also the video being 30fps.

Last edited:

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
I played 2016 on a computer with a X1 controller and it played great. Gonna do the same with this one. Shame the video is encoded at 30 fps. It makes the motion blur (which is rendered at 60) look a bit too much. It won't look like that on your TV.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
True but it plays very well even without aim assist, it's how I play most of the time. The deadzone is fantastic.

The aim assist is strong but the aiming itself stands very well without it.
Doesn't it still use the type of aim assist you can't turn off that CoD is known for? The one that helps keeping the cursor on the target but only if make movement implying that's your intention thus hiding the auto aim feel. Still, you were bringing over reliance on auto aim as a negative while praising a game festered with auto aim in the same sentence!

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Doesn't it still use the type of aim assist you can't turn off that CoD is known for? The one that helps keeping the cursor on the target but only if make movement implying that's your intention thus hiding the auto aim feel. Still, you were bringing over reliance on auto aim as a negative while praising a game festered with auto aim in the same sentence!

I guess I shouldn't use COD:MW as example if that's the case, but Rainbow Six Siege definitely has fantastic aiming for a console shooter.

Haven't played Eternal but I hope the dead zone is just as great on consoles.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Guys, if this game is coming to the switch, there's a high chance it's 60fps on the PS4.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
I guess I shouldn't use COD:MW as example if that's the case, but Rainbow Six Siege definitely has fantastic aiming for a console shooter.

Haven't played Eternal but I hope the dead zone is just as great on consoles.
Honestly, I don't think it's possible to have good aiming on console without auto aim or gyro control help. It's all about how good the devs are at hiding auto aim, the moment you feel a single subtle movement you didn't go for it all crumbles down.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Looks a little slow & sluggish if I have to be honest, and the aiming (dead zone) seems really unresponsive.
Feels like a console port that's overly reliant on aim assist instead of having genuinely great analog aiming (i.e. Rainbow Six Siege)

Also why is the video in 30fps? Not a good choice if you're trying to showcase the port, which is supposed to be ''60fps''
I played the game with a controller at PAX and I can assure you it has some of the best feeling FPS controls out there. Fast, responsive, and tight.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
I played the game with a controller at PAX and I can assure you it has some of the best feeling FPS controls out there. Fast, responsive, and tight.

156f5dad4fc2a755659819622370.png

Honestly, I don't think it's possible to have good aiming on console without auto aim or gyro control help. It's all about how good the devs are at hiding auto aim, the moment you feel a single subtle movement you didn't go for it all crumbles down.

Agree, I absolutely hate aim assist and feel like it takes too much control away from me. The moment I notice it is the moment I stopped playing, it's why I end up not playing Destiny 1 at all after the public Beta. I hate games where you couldn't turn off the assist.

The thing is, even with the best console aiming in the world it can still feel a little stiff at times and it's the biggest reason why I'm currently moving to the PC platform.

Last edited: