• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Thats why a 1060 as minimum is raising eyebrows because it still looks like a current gen game.

PC games don't suddenly skip a generation though? Its playable on current consoles (including Switch) and likely best on PC, right?
Who is saying its a ps5 game? Wouldn't it just be referred to as late current gen?

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
PC games don't suddenly skip a generation though? Its playable on current consoles (including Switch) and likely best on PC, right?
Who is saying its a ps5 game? Wouldn't it just be referred to as late current gen?
No one said its a PS5 game. The person I quoted used Eternal's inflated specs requirements (now removed btw) to suggest that people are not ready for next gen specs requirements. I'm saying Doom Eternal doesn't justify its minimum specs requirements while being a current gen game.

Dec 26, 2019
That's laughable. What other game doesn't need a GTX 1060 for 1080p 60Hz at that quality level?
Division 2 does: https://www.tweaktown.com/articles/8944/division-benchmarked-20-graphics-cards-tested/index5.html
BF5 does: https://www.techspot.com/review/1746-battlefield-5-gpu-performance/

This is 60 FPS as min spec, not the usual it barely runs at 20 FPS min spec. Game is going to run on a 1050, just not at 60 in 1080p.

And again, Wolfenstein 2 already ran bad on Pascal cards. AMD and Turing are fine and run extremely well.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Wait a second, why does the Steam page say the game requires a Bethesda account? Does that mean it doesn't work if I don't have one? Because I couldn't care less about extra stuff I don't get if I don't register/link my account.

Nov 2, 2017
That's laughable. What other game doesn't need a GTX 1060 for 1080p 60Hz at that quality level?
Division 2 does: https://www.tweaktown.com/articles/8944/division-benchmarked-20-graphics-cards-tested/index5.html
BF5 does: https://www.techspot.com/review/1746-battlefield-5-gpu-performance/

This is 60 FPS as min spec, not the usual it barely runs at 20 FPS min spec. Game is going to run on a 1050, just not at 60 in 1080p.

And again, Wolfenstein 2 already ran bad on Pascal cards. AMD and Turing are fine and run extremely well.
The minimum spec here was for low 1080p though not ultra like your links. It's also supposed to target 60fps on consoles so if a PS4 can run it at 60fps then a 1050 should be more than fine for 60fps.

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck. Looks like my ryzen 5 3600 and gtx 1660 wont be enough for 1440p. I just hope i can run it 1080p ultrawide at 60fps.

DAHGAMING

Oct 26, 2017
Will wait to see what the specs are like when they add them again plus wait for some benchmarks. I have a Ryzen 5 3600 , 1080ti and 16gb RAM . Will see how it runs compared to Xbox one X. What people have to realise this is a transition game between gens, low, medium, high is probably current gen, but theres 3 settings higher still that will transition into the newer cards and consoles.
I expect there will be a upgrade to this game for the new Xbox and PS5 that will fix it to 4k60fps and higher settings.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Wait a second, why does the Steam page say the game requires a Bethesda account? Does that mean it doesn't work if I don't have one? Because I couldn't care less about extra stuff I don't get if I don't register/link my account.

Judging from Rage 2 and WolfYb, a Bethnet account will be necessary only if you want to redeem promotional items (e.g. pre-order bonuses).

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
These things are never accurate. I'm sure my 4670K/570 will do just alright.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
This is going to run well on a toaster; if your toaster ran Doom 2016 well then it'll run this fine.

Massive overreaction right now.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
This is going to run well on a toaster; if your toaster ran Doom 2016 well then it'll run this fine.

Massive overreaction right now.
îdTech 6 vs 7, the latter is greatly expanded. I wouldn't be too sure to state this as a fact. The probability of it running significantly worse when meeting the lower spec limit of 2016 is pretty high imo.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
960 is crazy old. Like 2014 old.

Also people in here bitching about a 1060 for minimum card is like 4 years old now. It's only going to increase once new consoles are out. We had it really good this gen because the 10xx series was so powerful at the time, there wasn't any big advancements in engines for a lot of games for running around 60fps. Only since the past year or so have we seen more ray tracing, more effects, and better HDR.

Wait till you see how Cyber punk runs.

what if I told you that PS4 is crazy old. Like 2013 old.

i7-4790k 4.00 Ghz and a gtx 980ti should be fine with 1080p/60 fps right?

100%

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Anything Pre Turing from nvidia is showing its age because they don't support asynchronous compute.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
îdTech 6 vs 7, the latter is greatly expanded. I wouldn't be too sure to state this as a fact. The probability of it running significantly worse when meeting the lower spec limit of 2016 is pretty high imo.

That's fair, but I just mean in general there are so many options for each setting that achieving whatever target you're aiming for should be feasible.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
The odd thing is that there doesn't appear to be any significant visual improvement over the previous game, other than larger levels. Doom 2016 had a lot of post-processing effects that the sequel appears to be lacking. Everything seems so bright in comparison.

They've ditched all the megatexture stuff in favour of more Dynamic lighting haven't they?
That's going to hit things hard as you go from everything you see being hard baked into the surface textures to it bring more real-time.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
www.youtube.com

Doom PS4 vs Xbox One Single-Player Gameplay Frame-Rate Test

John offers up first impressions of Doom's reboot on PS4 and Xbox One, concentrating on the single-player mode. And guess what? It's awesome! Initial thought...

It's 1080p in most cases as mentioned in the vid and fairly close to the 60fps target. Again we're talking about a card that's 4 times faster than the PS4. Not some card that's slightly better. It shouldn't do barely better than a PS4. If a PS4 game can do dynamic 1080p with a fairly consistent framerate then the 1060 should be able to do that at 4k. I can bet you the X1X, which has a GPU that generally on par with the 1060, is going to target 4k.
A 1060 is not 4x faster than a PS4.....not even close

Sgs2008

Mar 25, 2019
Hm I'm suspecting even a 2080ti isn't gonna get you a solid 60 at 4k ultra nightmare. I'm sure there are diminishing returns at the highest settings though so not such a big deal.

Nov 2, 2017
its a bit more than 2x as fast as a PS4 in practice
That would make it par with the Pro. Yet I've never seen a game where the 1060 doesn't signifcantly beat the Pro. I mean I have a 1060 in an old rig and in most games it can do 4k at PS4 settings where the X1X also does 4K. Sometimes at 25-30 fps but it's pretty close. That wouldn't be possible if it was only 2x as fast. In most games the 1060 matches or comes fairly close to the 580 or X1X, with the exception of some games like Doom & Wolfenstein but those are pretty rare.

Believe what you want to believe though. From what I recall in previous disccusions there's no point in engaging with you because all I see you do is downplay Nvidia & PC versus consoles. I think that's pretty much all you do on here so you must have some biased viewpoint you're trying to push.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
That would make it par with the Pro. Yet I've never seen a game where the 1060 doesn't signifcantly beat the Pro. I mean I have a 1060 in an old rig and in most games it can do 4k at PS4 settings where the X1X also does 4K. Sometimes at 25-30 fps but it's pretty close. That wouldn't be possible if it was only 2x as fast. In most games the 1060 matches or comes fairly close to the 580 or X1X, with the exception of some games like Doom & Wolfenstein but those are pretty rare.

Believe what you want to believe though. From what I recall in previous disccusions there's no point in engaging with you because all I see you do is downplay Nvidia & PC versus consoles. I think that's pretty much all you do on here so you must have some biased viewpoint you're trying to push.
The pro is poorly designed and heavily bandwidth limited. Surely at least a little better than engaging someone who keeps repeating something as ridiculous as the 1060 being 4x as fast as a PS4. But hey ignorance is a choice

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
One question: The Bethesda Launcher version has to support the Switch Pro Controller right?

Thanks.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I feel with 3700x/32GB RAM/2080ti, I shouldn't have any issues with 4k/60+. 2016 Doom runs maxed, 4k, 120-150+fps so...

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine what the reccomend specs for next gen only third party games will be to get 4k/Ultra/60fps on PC 😄

I'll probably get this on PC as I enjoyed the original most with a keyboard and mouse and I played it on every platform!

The game just felt like it was meant for PC and that's a rarity nowadays.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Yeah at this point I'd have to rebuild my entire rig to play late gen and next gen games. Just going to get a PS5 and call it a day.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
The 1060 is almost 4 years old now. You should be thinking of upgrading that card in the next year anyway.

Tech moves fast. You can't expect your GPU to last 15 years.