• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
Fuck lava floors. And I am barely very far in at all on Ultra Violence. The level design in the area I am in has major flow issues. Stuck on geometry, sluggish response and mantling, getting hit from behind while trying to flow around the map, winged fucking demons bum rushing while attempting to glory kill for health, making it almost to the end of the encounter only to fall down into the lava and then get stuck trying to get back up...I am close to quitting this fucker...and I am a doom fanatic.

seriously, I can't remember ever getting stuck on geometry in Doom 2016. Who thinks lava floors are a good idea these days?

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the divide between loving and hating this game has a strong group of console vs PC players on either side. Cause coming from PC, the idea of playing this game with a controller is just a bad time I'd feel.

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if the divide between loving and hating this game has a strong group of console vs PC players on either side. Cause coming from PC, the idea of playing this game with a controller is just a bad time I'd feel.

The game definitely feels way clunkier to play with a DS4 than Doom 2k16 ever did IMO. Especially the platforming/double jump + air dash segments. My sweet Satan are those complete ass with a controller.

Oct 27, 2017

I enjoyed it just fine on PS4 with a regular old DS controller. Playing again on UltraViolence and not having issues due to the controls, but I imagine PC would be preferred

Liquid Snake

Nov 10, 2017
Beat the game twice now, played all the master levels. Love it. Xbox One X.

I think the real divide is in people who wanted a more iterative sequel, a Doom 1.5 as it were, rather than rewriting how you must play the game.

There's also some legitimate frustrations with the game, but mostly I think it falls into two camps — people who wanted a simple sequel to 2016 and people who love how the new gameplay pushes you.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine playing this game with a traditional controller.

It's either KB/M or an Elite controller with paddles which is what I use on my Xbox.

The aim assist is mega generous on controllers though, sticky bombs are your friend in medium to short-range encounters.

This might be GOTY, personally. I hope they double down on everything they do moving forward except maybe the story.
I play just fine on a default controller on XbX.

Annihilator

Nov 10, 2017
West Fargo

I'm playing on pc with a controller on UV just got to the point of no return. Toughest battle so far was probably slayer gate 4 I believe which took me 3-4 tries? That's not my issue with the game since I love doom 2016 and i played that on a controller. Doom 2016 is just a tighter experience. I still like eternal a lot but its basically two steps forward one step back for me with eternal.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Nah.

Played Comp Halo, CoD and Gears without em. Don't need em now.

giphy.gif

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just finished my replay of the first game in two sittings. It's as good as ever. I think I'm ready for more Doom. I think the only gripe I had with this game was how boring Hell looked aesthetically. And getting stuck sometimes I guess.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Paddles are the shit and I wish my elite controller never broke.

Damn I'd get even more high octane than I am now with the standard.

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Not having an issue with the controls since I'm on an Elite controller. The weak spot stuff feels less like an option for doing bonus damage and more of a necessity for survival on Ultra Violence difficulty. I'm not sure I love that but i haven't died too much yet.

Oct 31, 2017
I played DOOM '16 on PC with a mouse and keyboard and played Eternal on a One X with an Elite controller and found Eternal way more fun than '16. That said, I do think Eternal would be fun with a m+kb, but I tend to find playing games a lot more fun with a controller in general; yes, even FPS games, especially ones designed with controllers in mind ala Halo. I do think things like the hard scope/hitting weakpoints would be better suited with a mouse, and the amount of button presses for a standard controller are quite a bit (feel like jump and dash should be moved to the shoulder buttons for players with default controllers). But I thought playing with the Elite controller was very fun.

I finally fully completed the game tonight on Ultraviolence. I took my sweet time, playing about a single level per play session as the levels were quite long and I felt that worked best, especially with how intense the combat is.

Definitely loved it and think it is a far superior game to '16 in virtually every way. The only thing that I think that '16 has over Eternal is the sense of level-to-level cohesion, although it definitely does run long in the tooth by the end of the game. And I do prefer Eternal's variety as a result.

I will say though, I found the game to be quite challenging, but not frustratingly so except the final boss. Thought it was easily the most frustrating thing in the game, which is a shame.
I just thought it was far too easy to get bodyblocked by the demon spawns + hit by the hard to identify Icon moves. And the over the top screen shake when you start to get fucked up, especially with these two things happening in conjunction, was pretty damn frustrating not going to lie. You really do just have to keep running circuits around the arena, like most of the fights in the game. All the while spamming the crucible and blood punches + ice bombs.

I came to really lean on the minigun with the shield mod, as that would allow me to just lay into the Icon with solid damage while avoiding getting blasted by some bullshit. I definitely suggest that for anyone who is struggling, plus the general tip of continuous circuit-like movement around the arenas.

The first phase was much more challenging for me personally than the second, so that was good at least.

I thought the Khan Maykr fight wasn't nearly as bad in comparison, though it had a few frustrating moments for me where the meat hook didn't want to grab hold of her to land the blood punches, which annoyed me.

I enjoyed the game so much I've been thinking about running an Ultra-Nightmare run at some point, but the last level has me seriously questioning that thought haha.
I'm probably going to start a new game Nightmare playthrough soon, and will like to play the Master Levels too. As I'd seen some other people say, initially I thought there were going to be Master Levels for all of the campaign levels so it was disappointing to find out that wasn't the case. Hopefully it doesn't take them too long to add more of those to the game, though I wonder if people will have to pay for them...

I'm also quite curious to see what the Single Player DLC is going to be, but I'm going to wait on buying them until we actually see what's in them.

Overall final thoughts on the game: this was one of the best FPS campaigns in the 21st century. Up there with Half-Life 2, Halo CE/3, and Killzone 2.

Oct 25, 2017

Played on UV on base ps4 with a with the basic controller and didn't have trouble with anything. There's so many ways to get yourself out of a jam between multiple methods of getting I-frames, to slowing down time. And pinpoint accuracy isn't that important in this game. Yeah, you gotta hit a lot of buttons, but that's video games, so I don't see what the issue is.

Pennybags

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Played on UV on base ps4 with a with the basic controller and didn't have trouble with anything. There's so many ways to get yourself out of a jam between multiple methods of getting I-frames, to slowing down time. And pinpoint accuracy isn't that important in this game. Yeah, you gotta hit a lot of buttons, but that's video games, so I don't see what the issue is.

I wholeheartedly agree with this post coming from Xbox One X on UV difficulty. The game gives you enough aim assist/magnetism to hit weakpoints. Sniper mod can be a bit tricky sometimes but shotgun grenades are really easy and definitely have a moderate homing effect on weakpoints.

Onlygames

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 21, 2020
De_Dust2
Fuck lava floors. And I am barely very far in at all on Ultra Violence. The level design in the area I am in has major flow issues. Stuck on geometry, sluggish response and mantling, getting hit from behind while trying to flow around the map, winged fucking demons bum rushing while attempting to glory kill for health, making it almost to the end of the encounter only to fall down into the lava and then get stuck trying to get back up...I am close to quitting this fucker...and I am a doom fanatic.

seriously, I can't remember ever getting stuck on geometry in Doom 2016. Who thinks lava floors are a good idea these days?
This reads like a controller post. Am I correct? Not being condescending but I feel like a lot of the gripes people have with this game come from that sort of perspective.

Oct 25, 2017
Finished "Can't perfect perfection" with my two chosen upgrades being one ammo and hot swapper on HMP extra life mode.

The last few levels were tenser than anything on UV including the master levels but that last boss dragged on forever

I never want to do it again

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
This reads like a controller post. Am I correct? Not being condescending but I feel like a lot of the gripes people have with this game come from that sort of perspective.

I play on console, I hate when games make the enviroment something to be afraid of while you're battling. I don't know if it's bad or not I just don't like it. I prefer when challenge comes from the enemy design, or the enviroment if I can put my whole attention to it.

Dr. Doom

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Yes the combat arena have far too many environment hazards and I feel like I'm being thrown around the map by the demons (who are very aggressive), as opposed to me controlling the map.

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
I just beat the campaign on nightmare

This game punished me at every opportunity, and watching other peoples playthroughs and streams I noticed WAAAAY less enemy encounters during battle sequences, in particular less Archviles, Cyber Demons and Tyrants showing up in sections where I had to fight them as normal fodder.

Boss fights were a cakewalk however and the only problems i had were certain rooms and encounters were waay more tougher on account of how relentless the enemy aggressiveness is. I've got three cyber mancubus coming at me, while two revenents are jumping around, another two whiplash are fucking up my path forward, a Tyrant walking around like he owns the place and those teleporting fucks sniping me from who the fuck knows where...and as soon as I clean all them out a DOOM hunter spawns with an Archville as a nice treat.

The encounters are longer, harder, faster and staying still for a single second is surefire death. Sometimes the only thing that kept me alive was chewing threw fodder enemies just to get I-frames and back off, switching weapons with the weapon wheel to get a breather and Ice grenades...sweet sweet ice grenades.

I played on PS4 Pro with a DS4 BTW.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I don't understand the 'Combat Encounters' summary that shows up at the end of each mission...I'm getting 9/10...aren't all the combat encounters part of the main mission?...so how is it possible to miss some?...the Secret Encounters are calculated separately

Oct 27, 2017
I wish they would allow you to replay slayer gates from the main menu. Those are some of the most fun parts of the game and I would love to replay them whenever I want.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I don't understand the 'Combat Encounters' summary that shows up at the end of each mission...I'm getting 9/10...aren't all the combat encounters part of the main mission?...so how is it possible to miss some?...the Secret Encounters are calculated separately

Sometimes there might be like a few lingering enemies that might make up an encounter separately. It reminds me a little bit of the Verses system in Bayonetta.

As an example, in a platforming area there were like eight cacodemons, it only listed the combat encounter as completed when I killed all of them. I could see how any people would miss something like that maybe?

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

Red = standard combat encounter, purple = Slayer Gate, and magenta = secret combat encounter.

Doom_Eternal_Weapon_Points.png

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I dont understand how to level up the unicorn set. I've halfway level 2. Do I need to wear it always ?

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Sometimes there might be like a few lingering enemies that might make up an encounter separately. It reminds me a little bit of the Verses system in Bayonetta.

As an example, in a platforming area there were like eight cacodemons, it only listed the combat encounter as completed when I killed all of them. I could see how any people would miss something like that maybe?

but in any combat scenario you need to kill all the enemies before it lets you proceed...so they're can't be any straddlers that you can miss right?...so I'm not sure why the Combat Encounters don't fill up...I finished the Slayer Gate and Secret Encounters for that level

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
That's the way I play.
And that's the way I play DOOM 2016.

In both games I also use base shotty, plasma and heavy cannon, but just as support or in a situational fashion.

The real differences are two: flame belch to farm armor and having more ammos for my fav weapons, thanks to the free chainsaw kills.

I'm fine with that, but I can't really stand the claim that Eternal forces you to use all weapons. It's true just for the first three levels and half, where you are significantly reliant to weak spots mechanic. Once you unlock some stuff you basically can go free-form and, once again, SS/ballista (gauss)/rocket launcher/ice grenade (plasma stun) is the most effective combo to deal with 90% of problems, just like DOOM 2016.

But that's cool, because the most meaningful and interesting difference are the more crowded and varied enemy waves. This is the aspect where Eternal really shines.

Fully agreed and find I am falling into similar patterns in the back half, whereas the first few levels has you bottlenecked with gear leaving the impression that you are meant to approach the game in a more rigid manner, which isn't quite the case.

Eternal does expand weaknesses and doubles the enemy variety, while adding some useful mods to guns(Meathook), but the play experience doesn't differ all THAT much from 2016. I too find much of the same combos(plasma stun + SShotgun is a very good example) are still entirely useful here. Meathook is too useful to not keep in primary rotation anyway.

The most notable forced change is layering in Belch and chainsaw for resource replenishment. A change I'm still not entirely convinced is all that complementary in contrast to rewarding aggression and risky kills with piñata explosions of resources, particularly when risking player vulnerability with glory kills. I know some find elation in feeling empowered to choose when to top of their resources in Eternal, but I haven't found it to be a tactically interesting shift overall.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
but in any combat scenario you need to kill all the enemies before it lets you proceed...so they're can't be any straddlers that you can miss right?...so I'm not sure why the Combat Encounters don't fill up...I finished the Slayer Gate and Secret Encounters for that level

No that's what I'm saying, some of them might look like window dressing or whatever but they're actually encounters.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
The placement of ammo and chainsaw fuel makes me wonder a bit whether they decided on the current low ammo
/regenerating chainsaw design late in development. I certainly don't see many chances to use the three bar chainsaw kills on any major enemies. At least 2016 differentiated between medium and large enemies in the chainsaw cost and not having stuff like the crucible also means you had a reason to use it as a quick kill for larger enemies at times.

Speaking of chainsaw cost, anyone else have trouble telling imps and prowlers apart at a glance? Pretty annoying when I want to chainsaw for a refill and it turns out I was aiming at a prowler and I get that "no fuel" animation.

scaryrobots

Oct 27, 2017
Doing Robot things
I used to think DOOM 2016 was the best shooter I played, but now this one has taken that spot. It's a freaking amazing game from start to finish. The only thing I wasn't a fan of was the swimming area.

Does anyone know if we're supposed to get the OST soon? The music is just as good as the original and I would love to get that.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany

the game plays perfectly fine on the DS4, i am near the end on nightmare mode. the only thing i´ve changed is setting jump on l1, without the classic "bumper jumper" the game is impossible to play (which is true for most first person shooters on console). i also never had a problem with the platforming at all.

i think the divide comes from the facts that the game might be a bit too much for some people and others wanted just more Doom 2016 instead of a "bigger, harder, faster, stronger" Doom.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I beat the Bethesda.net version through Steam with the Switch Pro Controller and 0 problems. I fucking love this controller.

Arrahant

Nov 6, 2017
NL

Tastes differ! I would say exploration and platforming sort of was part of the old games. Especially in Doom 2 which contained a lot situations where you had to sprint jump over gaps to reach stuff. That includes having lava floors.
I can suggest going for the perk that recharges your dash when you do a glory kill. This makes it much easier to deal with staggered flying demons over pits.

I won't lie: I've taken burn dmg from lava floors many times, but usually I can dash out right away. I had no problems platforming and vaulting around though. I find the dash and double jump quite predictable. I did have some issues with grabbing onto climbable surfaces every time in the first couple of levels, but now I dash or melee into them without fault. M+K user here.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Nah. I'm playing on DS4 and doing just fine on Ultra Violence. I've one shotted like 80% of the Slayer gates so far. Obviously KB/M is objectively better in aiming fidelity but I think controller is a much closer gap than people would suspect. Game is very well designed. Only controller change I made was putting grenade switch on L3 so I didnt have to take my thumb off the sticks.

The real split here I think is people who "get" the loop of this game. You cant play it like DOOM 2016 and just super shotgun everything. I'm a fan of the changes myself. Makes Eternal a MUCH more tactical game.

Oct 25, 2017
i just don't understand the marauder fights. i just rage quit at the start of a level that had one come out with other enemies. i'm otherwise doing really well in UV, but if this starts happening i'm just going to drop the difficulty to speed through what's left of the game

Deleted member 61469

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2019

I played through the entire game on nightmare with a controller. Whats with the weird pity posts from people who game with kb+m?

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
The placement of ammo and chainsaw fuel makes me wonder a bit whether they decided on the current low ammo
/regenerating chainsaw design late in development. I certainly don't see many chances to use the three bar chainsaw kills on any major enemies. At least 2016 differentiated between medium and large enemies in the chainsaw cost and not having stuff like the crucible also means you had a reason to use it as a quick kill for larger enemies at times.

Speaking of chainsaw cost, anyone else have trouble telling imps and prowlers apart at a glance? Pretty annoying when I want to chainsaw for a refill and it turns out I was aiming at a prowler and I get that "no fuel" animation.
I look out for the color. Prowlers have a purple hue to them so I know not to chainsaw

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
i just don't understand the marauder fights. i just rage quit at the start of a level that had one come out with other enemies. i'm otherwise doing really well in UV, but if this starts happening i'm just going to drop the difficulty to speed through what's left of the game
Once you get used to the Marauder's pattern it's not quite so bad, but I still preferred to just fight them on Hurt Me Plenty instead of UV. Get some distance, dodge his axe swing and he'll then charge you basically every time to do his interruptible attack. Smack him with the Super Shotgun or Ballista (or both) and rinse and repeat. Still real tough on higher difficulties, but at least it's a reliable pattern.

In the last couple of levels I turned down the difficulty from UV to Hurt Me Plenty and honestly those levels are so intense it kind of felt like I was still playing on UV, certainly appreciated it feeling a little more forgiving. I definitely recommemd adjusting the difficulty in this game whenever you're butting your head against something so much that you're not enjoying yourself.

Oct 27, 2017
The real split here I think is people who "get" the loop of this game. You cant play it like DOOM 2016 and just super shotgun everything. I'm a fan of the changes myself. Makes Eternal a MUCH more tactical game.

I think you're right that the divide relates to 2016 but not necessarily for the same reason. In terms of the gameplay Eternal is just absolute bliss. It's stunning. It's just that.. well, almost everything else I prefer about 2016.

This is a videogame ass videogame and perhaps the greatest action/FPS ever made. But Doom 2016 feels like a better Doom game, and a more consistent experience overall.

I think I'm at the point where I think Eternal is an incredible sequel and a better game, but I still love 2016 more. Ultimately though they're both incredible. Might even be my 1-2 for the generation, perhaps with only RE2 sandwiched between them.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The final boss drove me up a wall because there was multiple times I died when I was this close to beating it but that was before I realized that the optimal strat.
You're best off utilizing the Crucible against the Heavy demon spawns while the chainsaw is used on fodder, Crucible ammo spawns in such abundance that if you ever get cornered you can one-shot them for health. The Flame Belch is also extra handy because you can throw it out before you attack and also obtain Armor Parts, which offsets the need to dig out the super shotty's Flame Hook. There's a bit of RNG dependency though; from my experience it'll only spawn two types of Heavy demons. I got lucky on my winning round, as my two spawns were Baron of Hell and Revenant, and they don't melt you up close so easily. But if you get a Cyber Mancubus spawn, you're fighting a bit tougher of a battle.

I actually thought the first part of the battle was way harder than the second; the second one just felt harder because it was longer. The map has plenty of hiding spots that you can just continuously run around and pop-and-stop with the Chain Gun, but the first part has too many choke points on top of Icon being able to summon every type of Heavy. It's not as easy to make an optimal strat around him and the Crucible trick is more of a crapshoot given that you're often faced with a larger, more varied heavy spread. The BFG is kind of handy in the first part as a panic option, but in the second part you're better off using the Unmaykr from my experience.

I feel Khan Maykr was pretty easy though, I did her in my first try, but I've seen a lot of people be split on whether she's difficult or easy. I think this battle was slightly more deterministic of your mechanical mastery, the Maykr Drones are pickup piñatas while Khan herself is a total open target, and you're constantly working around a shifting battlefield. I thought that battle was really good.

Anyway, after having slept on it, my hard drive can breathe a sigh of relief that I won't be reinstalling Doom 2016 anymore to get my rip-and-tear fix (though I guess I'll always have the Switch version until Eternal comes out on that). This is probably the best Doom game for me, a cementing of wonderful systems that coalesce into something truly unique, and one of the best FPS games period in terms of mechanics. I'll have to come back to talking about the narrative at some point, some lingering questions and some other stuff I did have hangups about (the gamey presentation is actually something I love about it especially as what feels a conscious "contrast" to the story, albeit that still not excusing the story itself being kind of weak) but the game play is without compare.

Last edited:

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I feel Khan Maykr was actually easy though, but I've seen a lot of people be split on whether she's difficult or easy. I think this battle was slightly more deterministic of your mechanical mastery, the Maykr Drones are pickup piñatas while Khan herself is a total open target, and you're constantly working around a shifting battlefield. I thought that battle was really good.
I think the issue is how the mechanics of the fight make you focus on the Khan but that means you're not seeing your surroundings and most of the attacks are coming from those surroundings. I guess if you use the homing missiles you can do a quick attack and then look around to avoid the threats, I didn't think of the homing missiles so I had to spend a lot of time staring at the Khan while firing a gun and thus unaware of the attacks coming at me. Also can't spend too much time on making sure your environment is safe because she regenerates. With the Icon I could just focus on defense and shoot it when I had an opportunity since it doesn't regenerate.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
I just replayed the first few levels of 2016 and it feels much ore like Doom3 while Eternal feels more like Doom 1 and 2. I definitely understand now why so many people think they are so different. Now I love Doom2016 (I also liked Doom3) but for me Eternal improved it so much. It feels so much better.

Xt74PdE.gif

Last edited:

Deleted member 3183

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amazon.ca says the Rip & Tear/DOOM 64 code needs to come from Bethesda. Bethesda says it needs to come from Amazon. I've been trying for a few days now - anyone else have this issue and know what to do?

Pretty sure it comes from the retailer. I preordered through bestbuy.ca and I got an email directly from Best Buy with the code.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I replayed 2016 a few times before Eternal came out and I lose interest right around Argent Tower, which is the best setpiece in the game at the same time you're overwhelming every enemy. I put the game down soon afterwards. They introduce the mancubus and revenant and they're pushovers, even on Nightmare. You get some really giant, fun looking arenas, yet fights are over before they begin from then onward and you really have to look for the enemies because you can only have 12 in a room at once lol. I did nearly 100% the game (two multiplayer armor achievements to go), so maybe it's just burnout. Arcade mode really helps in these instances because it gives you a reason to push your game further with the combo meter, altho the meta is kind of cheesy.

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
I feel Khan Maykr was pretty easy though, I did her in my first try, but I've seen a lot of people be split on whether she's difficult or easy. I think this battle was slightly more deterministic of your mechanical mastery, the Maykr Drones are pickup piñatas while Khan herself is a total open target, and you're constantly working around a shifting battlefield. I thought that battle was really good.

Ya, I was surprised to see people poopooing the Khan Maykr fight. I found it fairly easy (first try on UV). Not to say it's not fun, it was a slightly different change of pace and I find the maykr drones a fun enemy type in combo with that fight and the rest of the the level. Lotta movement encouraged/enforced without feeling sloppy or messy (unlike the final fight). Don't really see what there was to grate against in that fight that would turn people off.

Remnants

Prophet of Regret
Jul 18, 2019
Just did 8 matches in Battlemode.
It's pretty rough.
All the demons are a shit show to control except Revenant and Marauder, and the abilities are all weird and unintuitive.
Just beat the game on Nightmare and I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing.
The slayer also feels crippled after being used to being fully upgraded.
It's also fun watching someone shoot the chaingun at nothing in the distance, and the game is swearing all of those shots are hitting you.

Getting 200 kills is gonna take forever. Might just find a boosting group.
I got 5 of the 6 multiplayer achievements, but yeah 200 kills might just have to be boosted. I think you can do them in private matches.
I thought I was gonna boost it too but then I matched with 2 demons who weren't very good but very persistent. After i went 3-0 in the first game as the slayer they stayed in the lobby and the next match i literally farmed them. Ended that game with like 35 player kills. Then we kept playing against each other for about 90 minutes. I was at around 80 player kills for bloodbath and ending up unlocking that achievement. I had a great time playing those two.