• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DC5remy

Jan 20, 2018
Denver co
We're contacting you about your order of DOOM Eternal - PlayStation 4 [Amazon Exclusive Bonus] to let you know that you may experience a delay in the delivery of this item.

Son of a B

Oct 31, 2017
Played the PC version for 3 hours and just quit...despite having work in the morning. I had so much trouble getting myself to stop. Everything is just so well done and man oh man does combat feel tight and perfect.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
Anybody that preordered early (eg in June) get a Doom64 code? I preordered the CE as soon as it went live, they didn't add the Doom64 offer til later.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
Does best buy not do order and pickup in store anymore? I tried to preorder because I remembered I had some reward points, but it says only shipping is available...

Waxy

Oct 27, 2017
Does best buy not do order and pickup in store anymore? I tried to preorder because I remembered I had some reward points, but it says only shipping is available...
When I went to buy Pokemon Mystery Dungeon online at best buy the day before, it wouldn't let me preorder for store pick up either. When i checked before they opened they next day I was able to do it then and they had it ready by the time they opened. Not sure why but maybe you can try that

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
When I went to buy Pokemon Mystery Dungeon online at best buy the day before, it wouldn't let me preorder for store pick up either. When i checked before they opened they next day I was able to do it then and they had it ready by the time they opened. Not sure why but maybe you can try that
That's really strange. I was wondering if it was because I waited too late. I'll try again tonight or in the AM

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
got it working with a HK VPN for Beth launcher. Unpacked, logged out of the launcher and loaded the game from the exe

BushidoBro

Oct 27, 2017
Apologies if this has been answered before, but if I want to play this with Steam achievements is buying it through the Steam store the only way to do so? Looking to pick up a cheaper key via CDkeys but those seem to be codes exclusive to the Bethesda launcher and I'm assuming it wouldn't link back to the Steam version. I understand that if I buy directly through steam it will still require I download the Bethesda launcher.

Avenger54321

Oct 27, 2017
Gurnee
Can't wait for this. Sadly I won't be able to play until Saturday at the earliest since my delivery is scheduled for the 25th. Well I got Animal Crossing to help pass the time til then

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Even HMP has a warning when selecting it that you might die a bit early on.
There are already some (minor) things I currently hate about the game:
- How many fodder zombies there are and how long they take to melee kill (also they can jump at you now)
- Cutscenes after battle showing the way on from an area (think DMC battles)
- Said cutscenes triggering when all but the fodder zombies are dead
- Fodder zombies immediately swiping at you after those cutscenes end (this killed me on Ultraviolence)
- Glory Kills feel really long
- I actually loathe the cartoon sound effects the Cacodemon makes
There's an upgrade to reduce Glory Kill lenght

Wingus

Dec 8, 2017
Awesome OT :D

Will be busy with Animal Crossing, but will definitely pick this one up at some point

Son of Liberty

Production
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
California
This game is marvellous. There was multiple times throughout my first couple hours of play where I entered a state of gaming bliss because everything flowed so perfectly in battle.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't say exactly why but the first mission was just ok imo.

Even the music was just ok so far and i loved the score of Doom 2016.

Maybe it ramps up hard later. I really really hope so.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
4-A921-A6-F-C92-B-4452-B2-FC-79499-C2-A79-DA.jpg

Oh yeah!

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Well, I can't seem to be able to fix the strange performance at all, but it drops below 60 infrequently enough that it doesn't bother me THAT much. I'll continue playing.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I'm at the first marauder and I've died like 15 times already. I get how you have to hurt him but this asshole has a ton of health.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I tried out my VPN, set it to New Zealand and Steam unlocked my copy of Doom Eternal. Interestingly enough for me, despite running a very old CPU and having 14 GB of RAM, using a 8 GB VRAM Geforce GTX 1070, at 1920x1080 resolution, I'm running Doom Eternal at Ultra-Nightmare graphical settings. Graphics look really nice despite using 1920x1080 resolution.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
fuck, this is SO smooth on one x. crank the FOV, turn off motion blur and CA. shit is *chef's kiss*

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can't say exactly why but the first mission was just ok imo.

Even the music was just ok so far and i loved the score of Doom 2016.

Maybe it ramps up hard later. I really really hope so.
I know what you mean, but play the second mission. They roll out the combat mechanics slowly, but once you get it all the game really starts to show its teeth. I think it's smart, because you have so many options available to you at all times, and you need to be using all of it.

I just beat the first slayer gate and, holy shit. Playing on Ultra Violence, and you really don't have an inch of breathing room. The enemies are so much faster and quick to close the gap, along with their substantially stronger melee. Took me 2-3 deaths, and beating it felt like I was on pure reaction, zero time to think.

Also, coming off of playing through Doom 2016 last week I had to change my mentality a bit. In 16 I found myself circle strafing and always keeping room between me and the demons. Now I find myself dashing toward them more often than not. That's where all the resources come from!

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
My CE at Best Buy has a delayed shipping status with no further info. Anyone else experiencing this?

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Midnight yet?? Come on, can't wait for the digital to unlock! It's going to be another long 4hrs.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else who preordered from Best Buy...any idea how And when we're supposed to get the 64 code?

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
It took me a long time to realize that the chainsaw now autorefills.

I was constantly running out of ammo. That is a great change to the system.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who was apprehensive about it and now am about four hours in, PLAY ON ULTRA-VIOLENCE

god, the absolute rush of just constantly being in danger. combine that with the new movement abilities and the game just shines so damn well. The flamethrower is such a great addition to the combat loop.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God damn it man, seems like my copy is definetly getting delayed until next week.

I want to rip and tear damn it