• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

eosos

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
I think they're going to be pretty different. I'm going with:

Top left - Jump
Bottom left - Dash
Top right - Melee or switch grenade type
Bottom right - Flame Belch

This basically only leaves super weapons (BFG, chainsaw) on your face buttons which should be fine.
Ah gotcha, I'll try this out. Since I'm on this tangent.. I'd really love if each game had community recommended configurations you could browse. Take note of this any MS employees following this thread!

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit the motion blur options had me rolling. I'll be starting with it OFF but real curious to see what terrible things they have concocted for 'Ultra Nightmare Motion Blur'.

C7FB676851D190F82B11390A15553D7A9129ED8B

Jumping in now! See you folks when the Earth is cleansed of all the demons.

BuddyC

Oct 27, 2017
My standard edition Amazon order hasn't shipped and doesn't have a delivery date yet :(

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
After activating it with VPN, I've since closed the Beth.net program and rebooted and it still works.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh the walk stick deadzone on PC is still wonky like it was in the previous game.

It is massive. It is really hard to walk slowly. I wish they put in an adjustment. I'm on the Bethesda launcher so I can't adjust it through Steam either.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good lord it's smooth. Perfect extension of Doom 2016

They really upped their game in terms of the lighting and the hit impacts. They're so.... chunky. Like, pieces of enemies chunking off when you shoot them.

Oct 29, 2017

So it worked, but I don't think it had anything to do with the reinstall.

Turn on your VPN while Steam is still open and online.
Close Steam.
Open Steam back up, still using your VPN, and try to download again - at this point, it started unpacking
Play game and get it to activate
Close game, go into offline mode, and disconnect VPN
Play Doom Eternal offline

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
Deluxe edition on steam is £80 in the UK, with everything that's happening with corona I think it's probably wise I don't purchase yet, I want it so badly though :-(.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Used the VPN trick on Steam and it worked well. Everyone that worked on the gore dismemberment system deserves a big fat bonus, it's glorious.

Oct 25, 2017
So it worked, but I don't think it had anything to do with the reinstall.

Turn on your VPN while Steam is still open and online.
Close Steam.
Open Steam back up, still using your VPN, and try to download again - at this point, it started unpacking
Play game and get it to activate
Close game, go into offline mode, and disconnect VPN
Play Doom Eternal offline
I see, thanks for the info! Probably just unlock related then. I'm stuck at work anyway for the rest of the day.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
Got my PC CE in, Beth launcher accepted the code but Doom Eternal still just links to Pre-Purchase, not even an option to preload. WTF?

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
The OP is so memory-intensive, I can't check it without my computer crashing, so can someone tell me is the DLC/deluxe-edition extra content is single player material?
Because I recall the last game had no single-player DLC.
Also, with this one have user-created content like the last one did? Those were fun!

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also the interface is so fucking fun

Such a nice change from the endless "minimalist" UI's that all have the same sans-serif font and square boxes. It's so obnoxiously over-the-top here and I absolutely love it, it's like something out of a PC game from 1999 in the best way possible. Truly one of my favorite parts of the game so far.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Man, this game is straight injections of dopamine. It's hard as fuck (Nightmare) at times, but also insanely gratifying when you make it through, it's a lot harder than 2016 for sure. Taking my sweet time with it too, only at the 4th level so far after about 7/8 hours.

Also, turn off target snapping and set aim assist and look smoothing to 50%, the default settings make it hard to properly aim imho.

XaosWolf

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Playing on hurt me plenty (about midway through I think) and I can't imagine playing this on higher difficulties, would be too much for me. Those extra lives you get already come in handy on HMP.
Even HMP has a warning when selecting it that you might die a bit early on.
There are already some (minor) things I currently hate about the game:
- How many fodder zombies there are and how long they take to melee kill (also they can jump at you now)
- Cutscenes after battle showing the way on from an area (think DMC battles)
- Said cutscenes triggering when all but the fodder zombies are dead
- Fodder zombies immediately swiping at you after those cutscenes end (this killed me on Ultraviolence)
- Glory Kills feel really long
- I actually loathe the cartoon sound effects the Cacodemon makes

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
My game keeps crashing when I boot? It gets passed the seizure warning and says "loading" and then crashes to desktop, anyone else having this problem? I used the VPN trick on steam.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any word on how long the campaign is? I'm trying to decide between getting this or FF7R

Can be rushed in 10 or so if you keep the difficulty low and don't explore. Was about 13 to me alternating HMP and UV difficulties, doing like 70-80% of optional stuff immediately. Seen other reviewers talking 16-18 hours as well.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Beyond the game booting in like 480p, borderless windowed mode robbing me of control of literally anything on that monitor if I try and tab out, and the menus looking like ass, I'm really enjoying this.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Yo I didn't play much of the first game but who are the UAC?

Also games dope as fuck slaying demons with the pumping music is oooooo so satisfying!!!

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
The main issue with the walk stick's huge deadzone is this:

Even if you decrease the deadzone in Steam, the sensitivity between slow walk and fast walk is extremely small. It feels like there is only like 5% of the total stick movement that is slow movement. It almost immediately jumps to fast movement.

When aiming, you use a combination of both walk and look sticks. The fact that it jumps so suddenly from slow to fast walk makes using the walk stick strafing while aiming extremely twitchy to the point where it is borderline unuseable.

DiscoThunder

May 7, 2019
Ugh the walk stick deadzone on PC is still wonky like it was in the previous game.

It is massive. It is really hard to walk slowly. I wish they put in an adjustment. I'm on the Bethesda launcher so I can't adjust it through Steam either.

If you use DS4Windows you can adjust the deadzone. I did for Doom 2016 and it was sublime.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yo I didn't play much of the first game but who are the UAC?

Also games dope as fuck slaying demons with the pumping music is oooooo so satisfying!!!

The plot of the first game is basically that a company (the UAC) is using portals to Hell to harvest energy (Argent energy) from the demons. It goes about as well as you would expect.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of dumb that you're given that first skill level up thing before you even know what blood punch is.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
i7-6700k, 16gb ram and a gtx 1070 mobo is Z170XP-SLI. I have the newest drivers from nvidia any idea why this shit would be crashing before I get to the main menu?

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
I got an email from amazon just now saying that my order may be delayed and that I will get another email or may have already gotten an email stating such. Mine hasnt shipped either, now says "arriving tomorrow by 11pm."
Mine switched from Saturday delivery to tomorrow at 11 via UPS. UPS sent me an email letting me know it was coming. If you have a UPS account it might be worth checking.