• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Been watching some streams, I cannot wait. Just a lot of early stuff but so far, the soundtrack feels appropriately good overall, level design is less moving from hall to hall arenas to more open platforming which is a nice breather. The gist is I see nightmare mode looks harder because ammo is more scarce, expect to chainsaw more than you did in Doom 2016.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
I'll be returning to Doom '16 on my Switch alongside Animal Crossing on Friday to celebrate the launch of this. If all looks good with the Switch port of Eternal, I'll definitely be picking it up down the line as well!

Biteren

Oct 29, 2017
due to my delivery being pushed back to march 24th im gonna steer clear of this thread until i get to finally put my hands on Doom Eternal

Radokat

Oct 30, 2017
Preload done - the waiting begins.
Doom 2016 was a high highlight for me and I don't think this one will disappoint.

Friday 1am release,so I took the day off.
I'm ready!

Chaystic

Mar 2, 2020
Switzerland
Watched a stream (even though I shouldn't) and oh my god the environments are sooo good. I can't wait to explore these places and find all the secrets, I love that there are cheatcodes too.

xmonkeyofevil

Jun 9, 2019
Serious question for those in the know:

how difficult is DOOM64?
Is it enjoyable enough to preorder Eternal for?
Because I'm considering passing on Eternal till it's on sale. Currently too much to play...
From my understanding the standalone price for 64 will be $4.99 USD, so it would probably be cheaper to get Doom 64 on it's own + Eternal on sale later on if you were on the fence.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Give it a try and let us know :)

Haha I'm actually asking because I have not purchased yet but if somebody in the US already preloaded and would be willing to try...

Then I'm immediately buying. I guess technically US would be playing tomorrow morning if the NZ switch worked. Still pretty early.

Jun 17, 2018
Haha I'm actually asking because I have not purchased yet but if somebody in the US already preloaded and would be willing to try...

Then I'm immediately buying. I guess technically US would be playing tomorrow morning if the NZ switch worked. Still pretty early.

NZ are 13 hours ahead of UK so I'll give it a go tomorrow at around noon and let you know how it goes.

Jun 17, 2018
ID/Bethesda are toying with us at this stage. The game has effectively released since anyone who ordered in store in the UK already has it. No idea why they don't just pull the trigger for digital buyers..

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished a quick run of Doom 2016, didn't really go for secrets and played on Ultra-Violence instead of Nightmare this time. Had a great time.

Combat really shines on the Nightmare setting. The pace is just killer. On Ultra-Violence I sometimes felt like I had "spare time" or something that just didn't flow like I remember.

Can't wait to go into Eternal headlong very soon!

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
my levels of hype have reached an unbearable level.

this is btw my favorite review so far, the game looks so incredibly fun. and LGR really seels it here with passion while pointing out what makes it so great.

Kensuke

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
What does it mean when an encounter is sort of half-green instead full green after completion? Confused whether I messed up one or not.

RenorMirshann

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
Poland
Hunter - Polish metal band - released a new song as a part of marketing campaign for Doom: Eternal here.

It's not bad, but it's not a good fit for the game. They should've gone with more prog-metal stuff, lots of smaller bands like that here (but I guess that's not popular enough?) or just say fuck it and ask Behemoth.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Hurry up and ship my fucking CE, Amazon. lol

Keep checking my status, still set for Friday delivery but the way things keep getting worse daily...

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
My hands are itching with demonic bloodlust.
giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Serious question for those in the know:

how difficult is DOOM64?
Is it enjoyable enough to preorder Eternal for?
Because I'm considering passing on Eternal till it's on sale. Currently too much to play...

If you're familiar with the difficulty of the old games, I'd say it's comparable in difficulty to Doom II. Maybe a bit easier than the harder levels.
A bit harder than classic Doom maybe, but definitely easier than Thy Flesh Consumed.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Well was hesitant to pre-order the game. I was sure the game was going to be amazing, at least as good as DOOM 2016. However Bethesda games drop in price like a brick.
But just had to get the game anyway, and hopefully support the devs to keep on making fun games

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
ID/Bethesda are toying with us at this stage. The game has effectively released since anyone who ordered in store in the UK already has it. No idea why they don't just pull the trigger for digital buyers..
Retail buyers finally having their day after years of me getting games early by ordering online from the right places
giphy.gif

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just bought it and while it will undoubtedly be great fun and technically excellent, I can already tell that I'm not going to like the more colorful art direction as much, especially the power-ups. At times it looks like Doom guy is shooting up a candy factory. Absolutely not a fan of all the pink, bright green etc. It's just a very inconsistent, all-over-the-place color palette this time around.

Definitely some loss of atmosphere there in my opinion and some reviews mentioned that point as well (Gamestar, for example (German)).

Oh well, since I'm on PC, maybe some mods can help out there in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
What does it mean when an encounter is sort of half-green instead full green after completion? Confused whether I messed up one or not.
I don't really understand what you mean, but that's just a 'total demons in level killed' meter. If you've cleared out the entire level (no more red spots on the map), the entire bar will be green. One completed encounter does not equal a segment, it just fills up as you go along. I think you just automatically fill that up as you go through the level, I have gotten full green bars on every level so far. The secret/slayer encounters have seperate meters.

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Playing Doom Eternal since this morning. When installing I first played Doom 64 (its only 90 ish MB's by the way). Well, Doom 64 is fucking amazing. Its true Doom 3. Looks and plays great. Force feedback feels kind of good, the music is more atmospheric than heavy metal. I dunno, I really like this game. The rooms that change up and the classic Doom angle. I especially like the heavy machine gun in Doom 64.

I started with Eternal later, now a few hours in and unlocked a handful of weapons. Its better and more diverse than 2016 so far, which is a feat! Eternal is one big fucking adrenaline rush and its tough as nails on UV. You can't stand still, ever. IQ on Pro is amazing, some slight framedrops when I jump against invisible walls etc but blistering during the action. A GOTY contender for sure.

As for the backdrops, well, they went for more diversity, I like them but I can get behind purists who would prefer a darker look.