• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
March launch in a pandemic vs A November launch ...
Not a surprise.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes because it is a Switch game where physical matters more I assume? (playing it directly from the game cart without an install, etc)

Nobody actually cares about that in significant numbers.

It skews physical because it's aimed at a much larger demographic and it's a first party game, which are always going to have strong retail presence outside of Microsoft these days.

Dache

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Would be very interested to see how the pandemic affected this more than usual 4+ years shift in buying trends, if it's possible to work it out. I would've bought physical in any other circumstances, but didn't order online and had no way of avoid spending money to get a physical copy on Friday that didn't make it the same price as on PSN. If it was a normal day, I would walked over to a store in my lunch break or after work.

May 25, 2019
London
I feel like this thread gets made for every new release. Time and time again, physical sales are down in the UK as more people move to digital. And yet some people will react like the game mentioned in that particular thread is underperforming.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Doom with Mouse and Keyboard is basically a different game than Doom with a controller.

You make M&KB for shooters sound like something new.

Doom16 was a good game on consoles even the switch.
But as an Arena shooter with a need to be super twitchy while being accurate excentuates that with Doom....that doesnt suddenly change Doom 16 into not being a good game.

I legit double dipped cuz I got it on console as a gift then needed to see it at a higher resolution and framerate then got it on PC...but ive been a console and PC gamer concurrent forever so I rarely get those OMG THIS IS SO GODLY NOW moments.

deltabreak

Oct 29, 2017
A bigger share of people probably went digital this time around because the retail version uses the Bethesda launcher.