• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Do we have any idea how much Doom 64 is going to cost if you buy it separately?

Trying to justify buying the game on Steam when it's cheaper to get the Bethesda launcher version and the inclusion of Doom 64 seems to be one of the main benefits.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do we have any idea how much Doom 64 is going to cost if you buy it separately?

Trying to justify buying the game on Steam when it's cheaper to get the Bethesda launcher version and the inclusion of Doom 64 seems to be one of the main benefits.

It's 5 bucks, so may as well just pick up Eternal at the best deal/platform you find and pick 64 separately, even on a different platform. There's decent sourceports of Doom 64 on PC, but the game has not been playable officially on any console apart from the N64, so this might be a solid time to get 64 on XB1/PS4/Switch even if you play Eternal on PC.

Nere

Dec 8, 2017
Game looks really good but I have to admit that I am a bit disappointed that it has the exact same weapons (except the ballista which has the same role as the gauss rifle though) as DOOM 2016 and most seem to have the same mods as well, feels like missed opportunity to not see some new weapons.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Game looks really good but I have to admit that I am a bit disappointed that it has the exact same weapons (except the ballista which has the same role as the gauss rifle though) as DOOM 2016 and most seem to have the same mods as well, feels like missed opportunity to not see some new weapons.
This video says there are at least 5 new weapons:

www.youtube.com

5 New Weapons Confirmed To Appear In Doom Eternal

5 New Weapons Confirmed To Appear In Doom EternalList Includes - The Shoulder-mounted Flamethrower, The Ballista Weapon, Plasma Rifle, Doom Slayer's Arm-Blad...

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Achievements list revealed
www.trueachievements.com

Doom Eternal Achievement List Revealed

We have just picked up new achievements for Doom Eternal. There are 33 achievements worth a total of 1,000 Gamerscore, 5 of which are secret.

My bad. Doing some digging and it's a local Germany thing only.

Reviews with footage drop tomorrow and streamers can begin streaming Thursday morning at 8am EST.
Thanks!

Svartsjal

Jul 30, 2018
Anybody know if the Best Buy digital edition is Steam? I have some BB credit and want to use it for Doom, but only if it's the Steam version...

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
img_20200317_185739-jpg.120595

Hyyyyyyype!!!

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Just remembered that Doom 64 uses the same soundtrack as the PS1 version that I grew up with. Looking forward to hearing those eerie ambient sounds again.

Psyrgery

Nov 7, 2017
According to NXgamer, Doom eternal runs "flawlessly" at 60fps with dynamic res on both Xbox One S and Xbox One X

One X can drop to 1440p from 1800p

Beeblebrox

Oct 28, 2017
Gonna go crazy - I had to preorder the physical version, since I found it for 36 GBP (digital is 55 GBP), but now I have to wait for 7+ days for it to arrive. And that's hoping that Coronavirus won't slow down the local post office :|

I guess I should just replay Resi 2 while waiting for Eternal, which I will then play while waiting for Resi 3 disc to arrive :D