• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
how much free space do I need on my HDD?

Short answer: Enough

Long answer:

PC Ultra-Nightmare Specs (2160p / 60 FPS / Ultra-Nightmare Settings) OR (1440p / 120 FPS / Ultra-Nightmare Settings)

• 64-bit Windows 10
  • Intel Core i9-9900K or better, or AMD Ryzen 7 3700X or better
  • 16GB System RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti (11GB) or AMD Radeon VII (16GB)
  • 50 GB hard drive space
PC Recommended Specs (1440p / 60 FPS / High Quality Settings)

• 64-bit Windows 10
  • Intel Core i7-6700K or better, or AMD Ryzen 7 1800X or better
  • 8GB System RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (8GB), RTX 2060 (6GB) or AMD Radeon RX Vega56 (8GB)
  • OR (1080p/ 60 FPS / High Quality Settings) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB), NVIDIA GeForce 970 (4GB), AMD RX 480 (8GB) Note : On GTX 970 only - set Texture Quality to Medium
  • 50 GB hard drive space
PC Minimum Specs (1080p / 60 FPS / Low Quality Settings)

• 64-bit Windows 7/64-Bit Windows 10
  • Intel Core i5 @ 3.3 GHz or better, or AMD Ryzen 3 @ 3.1 GHz or better
  • 8GB System RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce 1050Ti (4GB), GTX 1060 (3GB), GTX 1650 (4GB) or AMD Radeon R9 280 (3GB), AMD Radeon R9 290 (4GB) or RX 470 (4GB)
  • 50 GB hard drive space
Note: HDR is available on PC, hardware permitting

Doom_Bringer

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Short answer: Enough

Long answer:

PC Ultra-Nightmare Specs (2160p / 60 FPS / Ultra-Nightmare Settings) OR (1440p / 120 FPS / Ultra-Nightmare Settings)

• 64-bit Windows 10
  • Intel Core i9-9900K or better, or AMD Ryzen 7 3700X or better
  • 16GB System RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti (11GB) or AMD Radeon VII (16GB)
  • 50 GB hard drive space
PC Recommended Specs (1440p / 60 FPS / High Quality Settings)

• 64-bit Windows 10
  • Intel Core i7-6700K or better, or AMD Ryzen 7 1800X or better
  • 8GB System RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (8GB), RTX 2060 (6GB) or AMD Radeon RX Vega56 (8GB)
  • OR (1080p/ 60 FPS / High Quality Settings) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB), NVIDIA GeForce 970 (4GB), AMD RX 480 (8GB) Note : On GTX 970 only - set Texture Quality to Medium
  • 50 GB hard drive space
PC Minimum Specs (1080p / 60 FPS / Low Quality Settings)

• 64-bit Windows 7/64-Bit Windows 10
  • Intel Core i5 @ 3.3 GHz or better, or AMD Ryzen 3 @ 3.1 GHz or better
  • 8GB System RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce 1050Ti (4GB), GTX 1060 (3GB), GTX 1650 (4GB) or AMD Radeon R9 280 (3GB), AMD Radeon R9 290 (4GB) or RX 470 (4GB)
  • 50 GB hard drive space
Note: HDR is available on PC, hardware permitting
Thanks friend, much appreciated

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
has there been any information on how long the game will be?

i finished Doom 2016 in about 10 hours. i'm excited for the game but not sure if i want to spend £50 for a 10 hour game. if it's just as short as 2016 i might wait for a sale.

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
It's to be seen whether this means a standard playthrough or double the length to complete every level 100%.
I bet there still will be people claiming they 100% it in 5 hours on their first playthrough, like there usually are, which will make some people angry before being confirmed as bullshit. I swear this happens every time with any game I follow.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Not sure how I feel about it being double the length of 2016; that game had the right amount of content.

Hopefully if it is artificially inflated, it's just the garbage extra content that a lot of games seem to be padded with these days and you can ignore it.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Not sure how I feel about it being double the length of 2016; that game had the right amount of content.

Hopefully if it is artificially inflated, it's just the garbage extra content that a lot of games seem to be padded with these days and you can ignore it.

Lets be honest, DOOM 2016 was too long for what it's by a bit. They stopped introducing new shit way too early and hoped what there is carries it. It got repetitive at the end because of that.

They supposedly have gone out their way to make sure game keeps throwing new shit at you whole length of it so it justifies size and doesn't go stale like 2016 did.

And no, extra length isn't "ignorable garbage padding content"

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im really interested in seeing how they come up with 20+ hours of Doom. They all seemed aware of how 2016 ran out of steam in the last third.

Dr. Doom

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Doom took me roughly 14 hours to complete. I thought that was about the ideal length for the game. Double the length would be madness. I also feel a 20 hour FPS campaign would feel more like a chore than anything.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
RE4 is probably the only 20 hour long shooter that doesn't overstay it's welcome (not that there's that many to begin with :p). A 20 hour DOOM game sounds pretty sketchy, but id has hammered enough on the complaints about the first game puttering out and what they're doing to address it in Eternal that I'm cautiously optimistic.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hugo said that by the end of DOOM 2016, you'd seen everything it had to throw at you hours beforehand, and to fix that there would be even more new stuff towards the finish line.

Deleted member 47076

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 25, 2018
I think it was incredibly awkward and had next to no interesting content if you expected anything about Doom Eternal. Rogan might have played Quake in the past but he is obviously completely out of touch with the medium now. Easily more than half of the interview they talked about the corona virus, diets and workout routines. Topics which I am not interested in and Hugo Martin doesn't have anything interesing to say about. The rest was about either ancient games or where the industry might be headed next. Again, not very interesting. So no, I don't want Rogan to get more developers to come on, that was a waste of time. I assume id paid for this attempt at advertisement but I can't imagine it paying off.

I couldn't stop cringing. He called the game "a waste of time" at least a dozen times and was pretty disrespectful in general.

SFLUFAN

Oct 27, 2017
Alexandria, VA
Awwwww :(

We wanted to share an update from Bethesda Softworks about your DOOM Eternal Collector's Edition pre-order. The DOOM Eternal Official Game Soundtrack, which forms part of the DOOM Eternal Collector's Edition, will not be available on March 20, 2020 as originally intended.

Collector's Edition owners will receive all other items in the edition, including the ultra-high quality, lossless, digital version of the DOOM (2016) Official Game Soundtrack, on March 20, 2020. Bethesda will provide a digital ultra-high quality, lossless version of the new soundtrack to all fans who purchase the Collector's Edition, and is working on plans to deliver the soundtrack as soon as possible after the release date. Bethesda will notify all Collector's Edition owners who redeem their soundtrack code and will update its official channels as soon as the DOOM Eternal Soundtrack is available. There's nothing else you need to do. We hope you enjoy your game and we value your continued support.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
No hype for me because the RTX additions wont be out for awhile. Who knows how long since they haven't even started on ray tracing support, could easily be 6+ months, maybe even a year as they said they want to do something special and not just typical support.
It's not as sexy as ray tracing, but I think if done properly, HDR has the potential to be very transformative when it comes to a game's overall visual look. I'm pretty excited to see how Doom Eternal looks on my 4K HDTV.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Doom took me roughly 14 hours to complete. I thought that was about the ideal length for the game. Double the length would be madness. I also feel a 20 hour FPS campaign would feel more like a chore than anything.

i think as long as a game continually offeres fresh experiences/set pieces/variety theres no upper limit. its when its just repeating more of the same it gets boring.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
doom 16 ran long in the tooth in runtime but i was okay with it as i replayed it like 50 times. assuming there's not going to be another doom in like 5 years i'm like, cool, just throw the kitchen sink at it and give me everything i can to chew on

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lets be honest, DOOM 2016 was too long for what it's by a bit. They stopped introducing new shit way too early and hoped what there is carries it. It got repetitive at the end because of that.

They supposedly have gone out their way to make sure game keeps throwing new shit at you whole length of it so it justifies size and doesn't go stale like 2016 did.

And no, extra length isn't "ignorable garbage padding content"

Yeah by the end of Doom 2016 I was going through the motions and kind of got sick of the arena battles.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
The lack of late game enemy/area variety in 2016 wasn't helped that the game was also strategically kinda shallow. You can pretty much just stick to rockets/super shotgun/gauss and wreck everything. While it still felt good to do that, you're just going through the motions after a certain point.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
The lack of late game enemy/area variety in 2016 wasn't helped that the game was also strategically kinda shallow. You can pretty much just stick to rockets/super shotgun/gauss and wreck everything. While it still felt good to do that, you're just going through the motions after a certain point.

We already seen like twice the enemy variety also weapons mods work like chifumi vs enemies with weakness and combos

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I know it is very unlikely, but I keep hoping they'll release Doom 64 early. Be lovely to play it prior to the release of Eternal.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Game is out in the wild and being streamed. Hopefully someone can record this before it gets nuked....lmao

YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Edit: Jesus that was quick....lol

MonsterJail

Self requested temp ban
Avenger
Feb 27, 2018
Very minor wish, but it would be nice if there was a way to get a different version of Doom 64 with the preorder

Play it on switch while main TV is in use :)

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
I saw some of the stream earlier to see if it was legit which it was and it was still early on with Hell on Earth stuff. I imagine with the street date broken more streams will be popping up.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda torn about what system to pick this up on. I'd prefer the Xone version as I'm trying to build up a nice library of games that I'd enjoy returning to on the series X later this year, but I have some reservations. The Xbox version of Doom 2016 has a huge deadzone on the left analog stick. It bugged me so much that I ended up going with the PS4 version last time. I'm not entirely sure if the deadzone was technically smaller or if the Dual Shock 4's stick travel and stick tension just made things feel better.

Typically I would just rent both from Red Box then buy the version that suited my my taste , but that's no longer possible.

Does anyone with some hands on time with Erternal have any thoughts about the controller feel? Is there perhaps a Dead Zone adjustment setting in the options?

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Surprised to see a bunch of legit screens from the PS4 version on the Live from Playstation tab. lol

Player said the campaign was roughly around 20 hours for a first play through and not reading/collecting codex entries. Not sure which difficulty he played.

He did answer some folks story questions and rated the game personally as a 9/10, he wasn't a fan of the platforming and said the story was good but not great which brought it down a point for him. lol

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
A lil worried about the platforming but still quite hyped for this release. Might have to cancel my plans for Saturday haha, thought this would be a Tuesday thing but I'm down for an all day session Friday night!

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Just picked up a new PC this weekend. I"ve been using GamePass to catch up on some games, but I can't wait to pick this up on PC now instead of Xbox.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Surprised to see a bunch of legit screens from the PS4 version on the Live from Playstation tab. lol

Player said the campaign was roughly around 20 hours for a first play through and not reading/collecting codex entries. Not sure which difficulty he played.

He did answer some folks story questions and rated the game personally as a 9/10, he wasn't a fan of the platforming and said the story was good but not great which brought it down a point for him. lol

Story is only good? Preorder canceled. And 20 hrs? Good god. Beefy.

V has come to

Dec 4, 2019
Prolly both. Hugo has said that some individual levels can be up to 90 minutes long and take place across a variety of locations.
damn, that's crazy. from what we've seen, cultist base seems like a pretty meaty level. but not 90 minutes worth (although unless i missed it we haven't seen the full thing), can't wait to see how crazy some of these levels get

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
What's the earliest possible time to play in timezones? Got the ole VPN set up.

cb1115

Oct 25, 2017
know what we need right now? as a people? as a civilization?

a surprise early digital release of this game

DosDaddy

Feb 17, 2019
Picked up an RTX 2080 Superand a new SSD just for this.
3 more days and we will see how the 3770k holds up these days.
I'm scared.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
If the campaign is 20 hours this time they better have made the environmental art and encounter design drastically more varied. I liked 2016 but that game got repetitive halfway through, it was like 3-4 hours of content stretched out to 10.