• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Man, they could at least have casted a black actress, so that we could laugh about thousands of alt right loosers crying about the significant milestone of European culture that is the Doomslayer smh

/s

Also, that looks astonishingly bad.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
"IT'S NOT A GAME ANYMORE."
Holy shit, I have traveled back in time and am now in 1997. Great!

Also, strong Starship Troopers 2 and 3 vibes, hah.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
Looks bad and acting is bad.

Why do they try too much with story and humans. Just make The movie like freaking last Doom game. Make someone wake up and let him start slaughter demons with most brutal and gore looking way possible. Make actor faceless and dont let him speak and reveal what is happening trough tapes or videos.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
So Resident Evil on Mars? Where is the Doom Guy? Did they replace him with Doom Gal? 🤔🤣😅

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
This looks like a straight-to-DVD knockoff. Should be called Boom or something like that.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not going to say Doom is high art or has a deep story but it deserves more than this. What a shame that's likely to never happen.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No doom guy, no watch.

Seriously all they needed to do was just have a stoic, only dope one liners, Judge Dredd esque doom guy lead, and have him tearing shit up in CGI.

Aegis Renfro

Jan 11, 2018
tenor.gif

I'm going to pretend I didn't see that.
As far as I'm concerned, the best DOOM movie is still some random YouTube kill montage from the last game.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Alright team, your mission, should you choose to accept it is this: help us hold onto this license for dear life.

Your tools to accomplish this: All the props and sets left over from season 5 of Agents of Shield that have not been deconstructed yet and this singular craft services table that will not be restocked. There is also a bucket filled with $5,000.00 buried somewhere on the lot, if you can find it, you can use it.

You're the first student film crew to respond to our wanted ad, so we have high expectations for you, do not disappoint or we won't give you full credit for this semester's internship program.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
the production quality reminds of a film i tried helping out on in college for a prof. is it actually releasing in theaters or is it straight to digital/DVD?

Oct 27, 2017
Only way I can see this work is if Doom guy is in the movie killing demons halfway through and these people see him after going to hell.

Otherwise this looks like trash.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Oof , that looks terrible.

Seems like it's a movie that's made so Universal can keep the licensing rights.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I thought the like/dislike bar was broken because it was all clear.

I have never seen a bar that squewed that it just looks like no one had voted.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Free, online only video that they'll host on YouTube day 1 as well as their own network, right? Cute idea, and fair.

I mean...

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
It looks so shit. Say what you want about the original, it was still fun and campy with a decent cast.

This just looks awful.

I mean a second movie in a video game franchise that's called annihilation. Did they learn nothing from MK!

Deleted member 13015

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People ask "Who is this for? Who will go and watch this garbage?"

Yet they will make their money back within a week. Perhaps even double their profit.

Disgusting.

tenor.gif

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
idk this could be fun in a bad syfy movie kind of way
I think it could be fun. It appears to be staying faithful to Doom's simple premise and I like that imp costume I saw. Some weirdly good films have been made on shoestring budgets to keep licenses. There seems to be a space that exists when making movies like these (where the studio doesn't give a fuck) that actually allows a decent level of creative freedom depending on just how shoestring we're talking.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I always find it amusing that DTV movie trailers always look half-assed.

You'd think distributers would try and cut a decent trailer to hide a movie's low-budget, low-ambition nature - but instead they tend to just let it all show.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I think it could be fun. It appears to be staying faithful to Doom's simple premise and I like that imp costume I saw. Some weirdly good films have been made on shoestring budgets to keep licenses. There seems to be a space that exists when making movies like these (where the studio doesn't give a fuck) that actually allows a decent level of creative freedom depending on just how shoestring we're talking.
this could be the punisher war zone of doom movies