• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
OMG I love how poorly lit these "warehouse" sets are. It's so fake and terrible...

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks so fucking stupid, but I'll watch it.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Someone needs to put that it's a direct-to-video movie in the thread title or every other comment's gonna be about how it looks low budget/like a syfy/netflix movie.

Visanideth

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm generally strongly in favour of taking testosterone-heavy franchises and give them a female lead, but the protagonist here is really not what I think of when I think Doom. Having a female DoomMarine is fine, but this is the equivalent of casting Charlie Day for a God of War movie.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
this honestly looks like a parody movie especially when you see the heroine (??) run, that was straight up out of scary movie

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
The ideal Doom movie would be a lean mean 90 minutes, Raid/Fury Road-inspired, and just be Doom Guy and a squad fighting their way to the last shuttle out of the infested facility. Marines versus demons, simple, gory, non-stop action. Movies like Upgrade and Overlord show that b-movie pulp with craft can work well if the film commits.

Haribo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it looks fine. Y'all are spoiled by Sonic the Hedgehog teasers and Detective Pikachu trailers... but this right here is what video game movies have always been.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where's Doomguy?

That looked shit.

The ideal Doom movie would be a lean mean 90 minutes, Raid/Fury Road-inspired, and just be Doom Guy and a squad fighting their way to the last shuttle out of the infested facility. Marines versus demons, simple, gory, non-stop action. Movies like Upgrade and Overlord show that b-movie pulp with craft can work well if the film commits.

Filmed Hardcore Henry style.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't expect an amazing movie, but it looks so cheap! :|
I hope to see real demons from hell at least, not only zombies and creatures made by scientists.

Oct 25, 2017
well
uh
I guess there might be an afternoon where I get really bored and I see this as I'm scrolling on Netflix
Then we'll see if I actually finish it

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
Like, why would you even make this. Why would you even give out the license for something like this, it's brand-diminishing.

Ugh.