• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
No wuckas, mate

FYI
  • PEGI rated Doom 64 the same day as Doom 1-3
  • PEGI listing only mentioned PC and PS4 but the rereleases of Doom 1-3 also only mentioned PC/PS4
  • Possible link to Nightdive Studios as the CEO quote tweeted the Doom 64 rating announcement with đź‘€ and soon deleted it
  • Nightdive is also the home of SVKaiser who created the unofficial PC port, Doom 64 EX

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
I'll forgive them for the shitty ports if we get 64, Final Doom and Sigil on console in the future.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
If this is Nightdive and comes to PS4 as the rating suggests, would that make it their first N64 port to the platform? As I understood it, their KEX engine doesn't have support for PS4 at the moment, but it was something they were working on. Would be great if they finally managed to add support; I'd love to play a lot of these retro titles on the system.

Unless, of course, this is running on a different engine.

Spark

Dec 6, 2017
People who have played it, educate me about this game. What makes it so good?
It has great atmosphere and visuals (moody soundtrack, gothic vibe), and the level design is genuinely good. The level design alone is enough to be worth a playthrough. It also completes some features that were envisioned in the Doom Bible, such as the Unmaker weapon, a weapon you collect pieces of hidden throughout the game that directly influences how the final standoff/boss plays out. It gives the player a sense of progression that earlier Doom games didn't. It feels like a true successor to Doom 1/2 and not a reboot. Also it's canon now.

One thing I didn't like about it was how short it was, and how easy it was with a KB/M. Makes sense considering it was designed for the abomination that was the N64 controller, but still could use a difficulty bump.

catashtrophe

Oct 27, 2017
UK
If this is Nightdive and comes to PS4 as the rating suggests, would that make it their first N64 port to the platform? As I understood it, their KEX engine doesn't have support for PS4 at the moment, but it was something they were working on. Would be great if they finally managed to add support; I'd love to play a lot of these retro titles on the system.

Unless, of course, this is running on a different engine.

They don't support PS4 so don't get your hopes up

Oct 25, 2017
Gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme

*tinfoil hat*

along with Doomguy's Smash announcement

1U3NLxc.gif

Chronokeys

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Finally! doom 64 is one of my favorites entries of the franchise, glad is getting some love, can't wait to replay it!

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Never played it but I'd be in day one from what I've heard over the years.

I'm also in the mood for some N64 nostalgia.