• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Some people on Facebook are saying that DOOM 64 is playable on PS4 and it seems there is a single YouTube video of someone playing it

Could it be the collectors edition or did Bethesda accidentally release this on the PS Store already?

Pottuvoi

Oct 28, 2017
It seems to have the 3-sample bilinear filtering.
I'm quite doubtful that they would implement it for re-release of the game.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Very bright. This is supposed to be an upgraded version of the EX engine, right?

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Very bright. This is supposed to be an upgraded version of the EX engine, right?

I really hope we can turn that down to something more like the original/EX version. This just looks blown out to me and some of that really cool lighting and horror vibe is missing.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Also, OP, is it out? Or did this guy just get an early copy of Eternal but decided to Stream 64 instead?

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Looks great! Never played this, always thought it was just a port of the original Doom. So very excited to play an old-school Doom I never played before.

OP
OP
Mr Swine

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Why is it SO bright?
I really hope we can turn that down to something more like the original/EX version. This just looks blown out to me and some of that really cool lighting and horror vibe is missing.

think you can tone down the brightness according to the developers

Also, OP, is it out? Or did this guy just get an early copy of Eternal but decided to Stream 64 instead?

I don't know, I don't have a PS4 (my brother does) so I would like to know too. Could be but isn't the game a digital download?

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
Why is it SO bright?

The lighting is adjustable. This can be seen in Bethesda live streams of the game.

Also, according to the developers, this is not based on EX, but is a new (and more faithful) recreation of the game using their KEX engine. However, one of the developers is Samuel Villareal who did EX so there's obviously some knowledge that was transferred over.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
The lighting is adjustable. This can be seen in Bethesda live streams of the game.

Also, according to the developers, this is not based on EX, but is a new (and more faithful) recreation of the game using their KEX engine. However, one of the developers is Samuel Villareal who did EX so there's obviously some knowledge that was transferred over.
did they do more interviews after USG or are nightdive finally discussing this on their discord?

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine that is the default brightness, but something that person has specifically set. It doesn't appear to be out, at least not in my region. Perhaps the collector's edition allows you to redeem it early?

I'd love to be able to play it now before Eternal drops.

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
I'm pumped. I just finished Project Warlock yesterday, and have a bunch of Steam cards about to sell on the 18th. Perfect timing.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Don't play Doom that bright.

Someone here must've preordered Doom Eternal on PS4 and should be able to check if this is actually up right?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Feels like somebody dun goofed, game is not available yet and it's also under embargo if you got a copy from Bethesda. I don't think you can play it from the physical version yet.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man I sure hope this isn't how the brightness is by default. Shit looks really bad.

It needs to be dark to be Doom 64.

Deadpool_X

Oct 28, 2017
Indiana
Just tried booting it up on X1 and it's still in "preorder" status, and I have the collectors edition. I think this is an "oopsie" situation.