• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
PR just dropped

DONTNOD SIGNS STRATEGIC AGREEMENT WITH EPIC GAMES AND BECOMES CO-PRODUCER OF TWIN MIRROR
  • Signing of an exclusive partnership with Epic Games for PC distribution of Twin Mirror
  • Acquisition of the game's intellectual property rights
  • Ongoing collaboration with BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment for console publishing, marketing and distribution
  • Increased licensing potential for a 2020 release with the support of a new partner, Shibuya Productions
June 10, 2019. DONTNOD Entertainment is pleased to announce the signing of an exclusive PC distribution partnership with Epic Games. The PC version of Twin Mirror will be released exclusively via Epic Games store for a 12-month period. The financial terms of this partnership ensure a more advantageous distribution of revenues for DONTNOD.
Meanwhile, DONTNOD Entertainment has acquired the rights of Twin Mirror in line with the strategy presented at the time of its IPO: strengthen its intellectual property portfolio and increase game profitability.

BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment, the publisher that launched the project with DONTNOD Entertainment, will continue to be in charge of publishing, marketing and distribution on Xbox One®, Microsoft's all-in-one games and entertainment system, and on PlayStation®4.

In order to optimize the gaming experience and capitalize on Twin Mirror's success potential, DONTNOD Entertainment has decided to extend the development phase and reschedule release for 2020, boosted by the transmedia expertise and the financial support of a co-producer Shibuya Productions.

This entire transaction will enhance value creation potential for shareholders.

Oskar Guilbert, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of DONTNOD, said: "In line with our development strategy and thanks to our partnership with Epic Games, DONTNOD now majority holds an additional key asset. We are delighted to partner with Epic Games and present Twin Mirror to the vast gamer community on its Epic Games store. The conditions of this partnership along with the support of Shibuya Productions reinforce the game's potential. This strategic operation demonstrates our ability to leverage new market trends in our favor. The video game industry is currently undergoing major transformation and now offers a major competitive advantage to content creators such as DONTNOD."

Deleted member 3196

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Very sad about the EGS exclusivity. A delay is one kick in the teeth, but telling people they can't play it on their preferred platform for a year without installing a garbage store is a second.

Oct 25, 2017
That's good, judging from what we've seen last year, it can use all the time to make it more polished.

I hope we still get some new gameplay footage this E3, though, just to see how it's evolving.

Still can't help but feel a little less excited after the Focus Home tease of the new game by the Vampyr team, that one has all my hype.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Either a) Bamco bailed, and Dotnod ran to Epic to keep the project afloat, or b) Dotnod approached Epic, and spent the moneyhat to buy out Bamco, ensuring they probably won't return to fund a sequel.

Either scenario is not great.

Sankara

Alt Account
Banned
May 19, 2019
Paris
The game didn't look particularly interesting and the premise & protagonist were incredibly underwhelming, so I can understand the hesitation from others.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, I missed this. Not you too DONTNOD.

Well I guess it'll be the first game from them I end up not buying. Hope it's on Gamepass at least.

Basarili

Oct 27, 2017
Haarlem

I just looked on my phone where I have a list of ''Games to find gameplay/info about'' and saw Twin Mirror. Looked on youtube saw not much news then decided to have a look on Resetera and here I am.
So basically they sold their soul for a year to Epic and the game is delayed to 2021 for consoles.....

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
I just looked on my phone where I have a list of ''Games to find gameplay/info about'' and saw Twin Mirror. Looked on youtube saw not much news then decided to have a look on Resetera and here I am.
So basically they sold their soul for a year to Epic and the game is delayed to 2021 for consoles.....
Why is the only new post to complain about EGS?

Basarili

Oct 27, 2017
Haarlem
Why is the only new post to complain about EGS?

I'm not complaining about the EGS if you mean them going to Epic.
It's atleast better then cancellation of the game, but complaining is a Dutch tradition so while happy I have to complain too.
It could have been a PS exclusive too?

In before the entire discussion focuses on the EGS deal.

2021 for consoles :(

Reading it all wrong :D

the Epic Store for an exclusive distribution of the PC version of the game for a 12-month period at the launch

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
I'm not complaining about the EGS if you mean them going to Epic.
It's atleast better then cancellation of the game, but complaining is a Dutch tradition so while happy I have to complain too.
It could have been a PS exclusive too?
its just grating looking for news on something and just seeing a complaint of where the game is going either buy it or dont buy it being vocal wont change anything in this case

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
They most likely want to avoid getting Telltale'd by having at least some value with their own IPs. Do they own LiS and/or Vampyr?

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
If they signed this deal so they could buy back the IP rights, I'd say this seems pretty worthwhile for them, even if it does screw over the Steam fans that don't want to use EGS.

Not really happy about the EGS exclusivity decision as a consumer.