• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
www.gamespot.com

Life Is Strange 2 Devs Want New Story For Third Game, Switch Ports For Series

Life is Strange 2 devs spoke with GameSpot about the series so far, hinting at Max & Chloe's future in Life is Strange 2, and why elevating diverse voices is worthwhile.

Some key points.

- Has some ideas already for Life Is Strange 3 but doesn't know what it will be about yet
- Expects Life Is Strange 3 to have new characters, a new story, however just because Max and Chloe, and Sean and Daniel story is over doesn't mean we won't see them again in the future
- Episode 5 of Life is Strange 2 had great reception to it!
- Loves the Nintendo Switch, it's up to Square Enix to bring it to Switch but Dontnod defiantly wants to bring the franchise to Switch.

I became a of Life is Strange with the first, loved it even more with BtS, and now it's one of my favourite franchise with LIS2, I really hope we get a BtS like game for LiS2 and something like Captain Spirit for LiS3.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I really need to catch up on this series. Loved the first few episodes of Life is Strange but never finished it and have not followed Life is Strange 2 at all.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Good stuff, glad they want to continue the series. I've been wanting to see Switch ports for a while as well so it's good to know they are down for that if Square wants to do it.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
I thought DONTNOD was done with the series, since SE owns the IP, but I guess they changed their minds.

Life is Strange 1 can't even run well on the PS4, can't imagine how much of a shit show it would be on Switch. SE would have to hire someone to perform a miracle.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I had hoped that LiS2 was not the end of this universe, and I'm super glad to hear it won't be.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought DONTNOD was done with the series, since SE owns the IP, but I guess they changed their minds.

Life is Strange 1 can't even run well on the PS4, can't imagine how much of a shit show it would be on Switch. SE would have to hire someone to perform a miracle.
LiS 1 runs on the 360, PS3, and mobile. It's not an issue.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
My dream of Life Is Strange amiibos lives!

(also yeah, would love more in the Life Is Strange universe)

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think the franchise ever happening on Switch. Unfortunately, Square sees Switch and its audience differently. They have yet to release any last gen ports (especially zero stuff from Eidos) while all the other companies are doing it and their Switch lineup completely comprises retro and nostalgia themed stuff, including DQ11.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Im skeptical after they had like 4 month gaps between episodes in LiS2, which I thought was a bad game overall, that they announced would be coming to game pass like 2 months after I day one bought the whole thing on PC. LiS was bad imo, like 5/10

Princess Bubblegum

On Break
Oct 25, 2017

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think the franchise ever happening on Switch. Unfortunately, Square sees Switch and its audience differently. They have yet to release any last gen ports (especially zero stuff from Eidos) while all the other companies are doing it and their Switch lineup completely comprises retro and nostalgia themed stuff, including DQ11.
There's a fair few last gen ports? The Last Remnant, FFX/FFX-2 HD, DQB, DQH, and probably some others I'm forgetting.

grmltr

Oct 25, 2017
I'm down for anything from Don't Nod. Curious to see how they do a new season, considering the road trip of 2 and the home town of 1.

Oct 26, 2017

Actually you forget The Last Remnant and technically Chocobo's Dungeon Wii. :P SE have been shockingly stellar with legacy ports and current gen stuff. Honestly I think we'll see the FF13 trilogy, and maybe even every KH game (including 3) in 2020 or 2021 at this point. Hell FF15 may not be impossible since there was constant talk of them trying to make it work and I doubt they were talking about the Pocket Edition.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
There's a fair few last gen ports? The Last Remnant, FFX/FFX-2 HD, DQB, DQH, and probably some others I'm forgetting.
Actually you forget The Last Remnant and technically Chocobo's Dungeon Wii. :P SE have been shockingly stellar with legacy ports and current gen stuff. Honestly I think we'll see the FF13 trilogy, and maybe even every KH game (including 3) in 2020 or 2021 at this point. Hell FF15 may not be impossible since there was constant talk of them trying to make it work and I doubt they were talking about the Pocket Edition.

I meant more mature oriented titles, just like Life is Strange is. Stuff like Sleeping Dogs, Just Cause, Tomb Raider, Deus Ex etc. They have never bothered, unlike THQNordic, Ubisoft and Capcom.

Oct 26, 2017
I guess Life is Strange 3 will be started after Tell Me Why is out. Just got GamePass so I'll finally start Life is Strange 2 and I'm crossing my fingers it's as good as the first one and Life is Strange: Before the Storm

I'd love to see these games on the Switch but, for one reason or another, we just haven't gotten them yet. Surprising considering Square Enix's overall support for their Japanese games

I'm not saying they can't port it, what I'm saying is it will run like shit. No UE3 games have been ported to the Switch. LiS1 was ported to UE4 for the mobile version, which I suppose they could use as a starting point. Then again, UE4 is a bit tricky to work with on Switch.
There's Rocket League. Really, I think any of the Life is Strange games would be just fine on the Switch

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of a tangent, but has DONTNOD ever tried their hand at a licensed property? I wonder if they worry about going's down the Telltale path?

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
They probably gave up on FFXV proper a while ago

Princess Bubblegum

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of a tangent, but has DONTNOD ever tried their hand at a licensed property? I wonder if they worry about going's down the Telltale path?
Technically Life is Strange is a licensed property, or close enough, since SE owns the rights. Anyway, I really don't see them doing that. Aside from Life is Strange and maybe Vampyr, DONTNOD is focused on working with IPs they own. (This is partly conjecture but they bought the rights for Twin Mirror back from Bamco, and I don't know who owns the rights to Tell Me Why.)

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not saying they can't port it, what I'm saying is it will run like shit. No UE3 games have been ported to the Switch. LiS1 was ported to UE4 for the mobile version, which I suppose they could use as a starting point. Then again, UE4 is a bit tricky to work with on Switch.
Rocket League and Mortal Kombat 11 run on UE3 and UE4 isn't tricky to work with on the Switch. It's official supported by Epic. What are you talking about

Nov 3, 2017
Not interested in port begging for Switch especially in 2019. Just release it or don't. 🤷‍♀️

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
- Episode 5 of Life is Strange 2 had great reception to it!

Very happy about this, it was a great ending. Although...

- Expects Life Is Strange 3 to have new characters, a new story, however just because Max and Chloe, and Sean and Daniel story is over doesn't mean we won't see them again in the future

Dunno how this'll work when I'm fairly certain every ending to LiS2 involves a SIGNIFICANT timeskip. Maybe we'll head back to the time travel conceit but it'll be much further reaching this time around? That or we'll go to the same schools as Daniel or something.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Rocket League and Mortal Kombat 11 are Unreal Engine 3.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
LiS2 was so bad. Dropped it at Episode 3, watched someone play through 4 and 5. Horror. What a borefest. LiS3 needs to do way better.

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I'll maybe give it a shot but really I just want Max and Chloe back.

It kind of reminds me of how I felt about Assassins Creed after the Ezio saga. Some characters just appeal to me so hard that others in the same universe cant compare and lose me by default

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
Mixed on the first Life is Strange & never played Before the Storm. But love the Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit & Life is Strange 2 so I can't wait to see what Dontnod comes up with next.

Very happy about this, it was a great ending. Although...

Dunno how this'll work when I'm fairly certain every ending to LiS2 involves a SIGNIFICANT timeskip. Maybe we'll head back to the time travel conceit but it'll be much further reaching this time around? That or we'll go to the same schools as Daniel or something.
They can show what happened between the timeskips. It's not like the next game has to take place right after one of LiS2s endings.

Resident Evie

Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
I found LiS2 a big disappointment. I don't think they can recreate the magic they had with LiS1. Honestly I would prefer it if the IP was placed in different hands. I thought Before The Storm was very good.

I did enjoy Captain Spirit though, and perhaps they can come up with something special with Tell Me Why. LiS2 just feels like a big misstep.

Princess Bubblegum

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Rocket League and Mortal Kombat 11 run on UE3 and UE4 isn't tricky to work with on the Switch.
I stand corrected, though apparently UE3 doesn't natively support the Switch so ports like Rocket League require extra work.
It's official supported by Epic. What are you talking about
I misremembered, it's not that UE4 has performance issues on Switch it's that UE4 didn't properly support the platform until mid 2017. (Which affected games like Dragon Quest XI made using an earlier version of UE4.)

Oct 27, 2017
Budapest
I'll pretty much buy anything from DONTNOD day one, whether it is Life is Strange or not. Still, as a fan of the franchise, I'm glad that they are considering giving us a third entry.