• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sonic eating chilli dogs

• fucked up

Votes: 113 19.7%
  • this is fine

Votes: 460 80.3%

• Total voters

stinkyguy666

Nov 4, 2017
Like come on this is a character whose sole purpose in life is to protect other woodland creatures
bcb17c2a15dffe98af5a713cf81f7bee6cafa191_00.jpg

In fact many have pointed out the environmentalist themes in the classic Sonic games, with Sonic 1 starting off in a nice green hill but ending with him infiltrating a cold dark factory which symbolizes industrialisation and threat that humans pose to wildlife...
giphy.gif

...and yet his canon favourite food is a mass produced slob of pig meat??

See this started off in the American cartoons and was never really a thing in the canon. Until 2008 where it became official:
latest

Being the anti-industrialist rebel that he is, shouldn't he look at this in disgust??

Let's look at other fictional characters and their favourite foods:
whybugsbunnyeatscarrots.png

Bugs Bunny eats carrots. Makes sense.
331251.jpg

Donkey Kong eats bananas. Makes sense.

Crash Bandicoot eats wumpa fruit. It's a fictional fruit so it's pretty cute honestly.
smmario__94108.1519978667.jpg

Mario eats mushrooms. idk if mario actually enjoys eating them but still everyone knows that plumbers love mushrooms. Makes sense.
wft42u3k5cn21.gif

Sonic eats chilli dogs. Makes no sense.

This is why it baffles me that people want serious stories out of this franchise. How can I take it seriously if they don't want to take it seriously??

Dongs Macabre

Oct 26, 2017
It's a commentary on how even though our heroes have flaws, that doesn't necessarily mean that the good they do isn't meaningful.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
There are hotdogs in all shapes, forms, and content... He could be eating vegan dogs and chili for all we know.

Also, Mario eats spaghetti, ravioli, and other italian stereotypical food.

Ailanthium

Oct 27, 2017
Who wants serious stories out of this franchise? That's literally never something I've heard. People just want fun, fast, fluid gameplay.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP is the kind of person that tells his guests that his cat is vegan. :P

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't argue that the character himself is pro-environmentalism so much as he is anti-totalitarianism anyways.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't his chili dog addiction created by one of his '90s cartoons?

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, it's funny SEGA/Sonic Team adapted that into the games considering how they generally shun everything else from those old DiC cartoons (i.e Sally and the Freedom Fighters).

Dec 2, 2017
I've never understood chilli dogs as a thing, sounds like the chilli would just slide off the hot dog, or you just make a big mess as you eat the thing,

Oct 27, 2017
Like come on this is a character whose sole purpose in life is to protect other woodland creatures
bcb17c2a15dffe98af5a713cf81f7bee6cafa191_00.jpg

In fact many have pointed out the environmentalist themes in the classic Sonic games, with Sonic 1 starting off in a nice green hill but ending with him infiltrating a cold dark factory which symbolizes industrialisation and threat that humans pose to wildlife...
giphy.gif

...and yet his canon favourite food is a mass produced slob of pig meat??

See this started off in the American cartoons and was never really a thing in the canon. Until 2008 where it became official:
latest

Being the anti-industrialist rebel that he is, shouldn't he look at this in disgust??

Let's look at other fictional characters and their favourite foods:
whybugsbunnyeatscarrots.png

Bugs Bunny eats carrots. Makes sense.
331251.jpg

Donkey Kong eats bananas. Makes sense.

Crash Bandicoot eats wumpa fruit. It's a fictional fruit so it's pretty cute honestly.
smmario__94108.1519978667.jpg

Mario eats mushrooms. idk if mario actually enjoys eating them but still everyone knows that plumbers love mushrooms. Makes sense.
wft42u3k5cn21.gif

Sonic eats chilli dogs. Makes no sense.

This is why it baffles me that people want serious stories out of this franchise. How can I take it seriously if they don't want to take it seriously??
It makes no sense because it's a video game

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I am certain that in my lifetime I will see a paratextual indication that Sonic the Hedgehog is plant-based. I can feel it in my soul. It is a deep, metaphysical certainty.

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
How do you eat hotdogs?! Or chili, for that matter...

EDIT - found even better (more gross) chilidog pic!

hot-dog-1.jpg

It is supposed to be messy. Many a times it is served with a fork to help eat all the extra chili that falls off. That's boring though. Use your fingers and if its good chili lick dem fingers clean!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm