• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
User banned (3 days): whataboutism, thread derail
What about all the harrassment the devs have gotten as a result of the leaks Jim?

Xpike

Oct 25, 2017
What about all the harrassment the devs have gotten as a result of the leaks Jim?
So games should be inmune to criticism because devs get harassed by fans?
Or are you just trying to bring the topic away from Troy Baker and ND in general behaving like little children?

Jamrock User

Jan 24, 2018
To this day I grind my teeth thinking about Cory Balrog's "tear us down" tweet. My god. Full on baby mode.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Or are you just trying to bring the topic away from Troy Baker and ND in general behaving like little children?

Measured criticism is fine (but it is unfortunate that he hasn't really made a video on that subject considering this is like the third TLOU2 video in a row).

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Given the thread on the level of discourse on gaming side...

.. wild to see so many posts minutes after the thread was made.

How many of you watched it before replying?

Just wanted to say this before I watch the vid myself before discussing the topic at hand.

OP
OP
AllChan7

AllChan7

Apr 30, 2019

When did I say games shouldn't be criticize or Troy shouldn't be called out on his shit as well? Also ND behaving like children? Only ND devs that have been engaging twitter beef are Neil and Troy which I understand they should chill out and not take criticisms so personally. Thats fair.

But the shit the devs have gotten in general from shit heads online has been worse especially when its death threats. And its odd seeing Jim not actually call people out on their behavior.

Aldro

Jun 5, 2020
Sweden
The toxicity around the games industry is fucking exhausting as of late. Has it always been this way or is 2020 just the worst year of all time for everything?

OP
OP
AllChan7

AllChan7

Apr 30, 2019
Whataboutism seconds after the video was posted. Thread's off to an excellent start.

If this wasn't Jim's 5th or 6th video on ND I'd be more understanding.

Also I'm fully aware of what Troy Baker said and did and so I already know what Jim is gonna call out. The problem isn't that he's calling it out for me. Its that, why is the harrassment being overlooked so much by someone who I imagine genuinely cares about the well being of devs.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Guys Jim has never, ever condoned harassment and only last week in his impressions video about TLOU2 strongly condemned anyone who hates this game because Ellie is a lesbian among other embarrassing reasons. This thread isn't about that. Can we stay on topic..?

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good on him on bringing up the Schindler's list comment. Needs to be said over and over. Highly inappropriate and insensitive.

Bish_Bosch

Apr 30, 2018
Yeah obviously any work of art can be discussed and criticize but Jim is just ignoring that this is all in the midst of a alt-right psyop against the game. I absolutely look forward to having reasonable discussions of the game down the line but it makes sense the people around it are sensitive atm considering the sheer level of targeted harassment. But that wouldn't make a great video to scream about.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The guy in the tweet didnt compare it with the game with the movie, he found the same emotional impact from both
I cannot emphasise this enough but trying to compare the emotional impact of the Holocaust as being on the same level as a video game about fungal zombies and shit humans is stupid as fuck

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Given the thread on the level of discourse on gaming side...

.. wild to see so many posts minutes after the thread was made.

How many of you watched it before replying?

Just wanted to say this before I watch the vid myself before discussing the topic at hand.
Wouldn't be a Jim Sterling thread without people responding quicker than the length of the video that's being discussed.

ez123

Feb 18, 2020
I don't personally place much value in game critic opinions but Baker using that quote was ridiculous.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Keep on Covering one side of the story amiright ?
He can report on what he wants to. If his take doesn't interest you, don't watch it. It's that simple.

Maybe he'll report on another side next week. But you probably still won't be happy.

Nah, Cannata's comment was fine, people just willfully misinterpreted the intention of his comparison (and continue to do so, for whatever annoying reason)

To you, maybe. To others it was not. To others it was offensive. So no, they were not fine.

Ivanovic

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (1 Week) - Trolling & thread whining with history
why are we continuing to take this guy seriously when it's obvious he does this shit for clicks and money?

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
He spends the second half of the video talking about the negative pushback that people get for having the gall to say something less-than-stellar about a game that everybody likes. It's happened right here in this thread, people start jumping down someone's throat for not immediately leaping to Naughty Dog's defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.