• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
1500x500

"DON'T NOD (previously known as DONTNOD Entertainment) is celebrating our 14th year of creating meaningful narrative games. The company has evolved consistently since the beginning, and so we've undergone a visual rebranding as part of our evolution to better reflect who we are as a company today.

""The company has undergone lots of huge changes in recent years, namely the addition of our Montreal studio and our expansion into games publishing, which brings us to around 320 talents in France and Montreal that benefit from our innovative FROG (Fully Remote Organization) scheme. Dontnodians are all working in several human-sized teams and on six exciting upcoming internal projects! We self-publish most of our games, as well as those of other developers, by offering our support in bringing their creations to

the video shows 7 variations of the new logo...so it's probably related to 7 new games.(6 self published)

"

And it looks like the videotape is related to the new project made by the LiS team at Dontnod Montreal ?

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
Kind of a weird awkward rebranding? Having an apostrophe in your name just seems... strange. I also don't like the logo that puts Don't and Nod on different lines.

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Dope logo. One of my favorite narrative focused game studios. Hopefully their feature output continues delivering what I love to experience.

Oct 29, 2017
I was always a bit unclear on whether it really was just "Do Not Nod" or if there was some other meaning to the word DONTNOD. I guess I have an unambiguous answer now.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
The fact people didn't know what it was before this is indeed a problem

Is it? I feel like when it comes to a corporate brand, recognizability >>>>> meaning. It's not like some critical truth about the company and what they produce was hanging in the balance of knowing "DONTNOD" comes from "DON'T NOD". It's just a name, one that isn't innately game studio-like.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Cool new logo, very bioware-esque branding... but none of those teasers feel like they'd belong in a Remember Me sequel, so consider my hopes and dreams from them squashed :(

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't care what their logo is... I'm just excited to see what they are working on!

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
The new logo is nice but I'm not a fan of the name change.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
It'll always be a palindrome in my heart. :^(

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
I like the new logo. Their usage remembers me what Sony Santa Monica Studio is doing. I like em both.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
I really like the new logo but it ruins the clean palindrome they had before and that was honestly one of the more unique things about their name/logo that stood out to me over others. At least the logo actually looks nice for a change, thought I guess outside the palindrome I never looked at or cared about their logo, just how their name was stylised.