• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Winnie

Mar 12, 2020
I haven't heard anything about this game, i found it because i don't have a graphic card now (waiting for Ampere) and want to play something. So i look through Steam and i find this jewel, a puzzle game that brokes the 4 wall all the time in the line of Pony Island with a references to other games. It goes directly to one of my favourites games this year.

This is the trailer, it doesn't spoil anything (i wouldn't say that the game is narrative heavy either) but i still recomend going blind:

It's on MacOS too!:

Metacritic: 94

Last edited:

evilalien

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, this game is incredible and so overlooked. Hopefully more people give it a chance.

Croash

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely didn't expect a sequel for There Is No Game (which I enjoyed on Android!), thanks for putting it on my radar!

Entryhazard

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I played the original game a while ago, and just found out recently about this sequel.
Yesterday I finally played it and I wanted to exhume this thread to reiterate on how a great experience it was

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
Really surprised there's almost no talk about this on Era. It's quite a unique (non) game.
It's out on Switch now.

ajido

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 7, 2018
Justin McElroy was raving about this game on the besties podcast. With the option of iphone or steam, which version has the best controls?

AnimeJesus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does that voice over play the whole game? I found it pretty irritating...otherwise Im interested in this.

thelongestj

Oct 27, 2017
Not surprised there's not much discussion. Era is an extremely console-centric site, where not a lot of people grew up playing adventure games, so most point and click adventure games don't get their own thread and even the point and click adventure game thread doesn't see a lot of activity.

That being said, this game is amazing and my GOTY for 2020 and really the first 10/10 game I've played in a long time. I hope it finds a bigger audience now that it's on Switch. I'm recommending it to everyone I know that plays gmes.

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
I finished it on Steam. It's an interesting game to be honest, not going to get on any GOTY lists I'd guess but good enough to keep my attention from beginning to end :)

EDIT:
That being said, this game is amazing and my GOTY for 2020 and really the first 10/10 game I've played in a long time. I hope it finds a bigger audience now that it's on Switch. I'm recommending it to everyone I know that plays gmes.

...don't mind me then lol

thelongestj

Oct 27, 2017
I finished it on Steam. It's an interesting game to be honest, not going to get on any GOTY lists I'd guess but good enough to keep my attention from beginning to end :)

EDIT:

...don't mind me then lol
No I agree that it wouldn't get on any mainstream GOTY lists or ERA's GOTY list, but for point and click adventure game fans, the most important GOTY list is the Aggies at Adventure Gamers where the game won best game in multiple categories including GOTY.

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
No I agree that it wouldn't get on any mainstream GOTY lists or ERA's GOTY list, but for point and click adventure game fans, the most important GOTY list is the Aggies at Adventure Gamers where the game won best game in multiple categories including GOTY.

Oh that's great! I had no idea. Happy for the devs :D

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Wow, Lair of the Clockwork God doesn't even rank there. WTF are they doing? I guess at least they've given it "best writing: comedy".

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
I'm hoping the release on Switch will get more eyes on it as it's very deserving of the praise it's been receiving so far. If I'd have played it last year, it would have certainly made my top 10.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping the release on Switch will get more eyes on it as it's very deserving of the praise it's been receiving so far. If I'd have played it last year, it would have certainly made my top 10.

Think is has a decent amount of eyes, it has over 10 thousand reviews on steam.

Just a genre that's not really discussed much around here.

thelongestj

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, Lair of the Clockwork God doesn't even rank there. WTF are they doing? I guess at least they've given it "best writing: comedy".
Lair of the Clockwork God is also a really good game and I enjoyed it a lot (It was #5 on my list in the GOTY voting thread), but Adventure Gamers is pretty conservative and a lot of people there weren't fans of the platforming elements, so I can imagine that is why it didn't rank as high overall. However, it is the site with tastes most similar to mine so I'm usually in agreement with their rankings.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I watched a play through of a good chunk of this a while back, up to when the game reboots after the Gigi bit and the title screen is flooded and it looks really fun.

The Sherlock Holmes bit is really damn clever and I'd love to see a full game in that style.

Oct 27, 2017
Bought it yesterday when I saw that Gamekult gave it a 8/10 and I just beat it.

It was a pretty entertaining click and point adventure game, but not the kind of game I'll remember in a few days though.

Spoilers for the whole game :
My suspension of disbelief eroded a lot once I got to the "real world" part and the interactions with the Creator. There are some neat ideas in there though.