• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019

Honorable mention for this DKC rap that someone posted earlier:

So many memories when I hear this music.. it was so good and I hope we get a remake someday so the gamers from new generations can enjoy this wonderful games OST.

This are some of my favorites.. anyone else love this songs?

Last edited:

Deleted member 30935

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Yeah, they're amazing. Newest game keep up the tradition with some of the best songs in the series:

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
100%.

I listen to all 3 OSTs at work from time to time.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I got to see David Wise and his band perform earlier this year. I both heard Aquatic Ambiance and a Santana cover all in the same show. The man can play the hell out of a saxophone.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Forest Interlude is my favorite video game song, period. Hearing it instantly relaxes me and puts me in a better mood.

David Wise is a genius. It was so damn awesome to hear his work on Tropical Freeze, he's still got it.

OP
OP
Cloud-Strife

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
Forest Interlude is my favorite video game song, period. Hearing it instantly relaxes me and puts me in a better mood.

David Wise is a genius. It was so damn awesome to hear his work on Tropical Freeze, he's still got it.

Yeah I love this one also.. he is a genius.. this music is great for relaxation or even study sessions.

Deleted member 3465

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space
His music is so euphoric. My personal favorites are aquatic ambiance and forest interlude! Also his music in Diddy Kong Racing deserves a shoutout as well, I love how it gives the game a distinct feel.

I got to see David Wise and his band perform earlier this year. I both heard Aquatic Ambiance and a Santana cover all in the same show. The man can play the hell out of a saxophone.

That sounds awesome! I had no idea he played live in a band and I'd love to see him at some point :O

Dalcop

Nov 28, 2017
People always citing the high concept moody stuff while I'm just bopping to the beats.

MrWonderworld

Sep 18, 2018
I was 7 when Donkey Kong Country was released. This music awakens so much nostalgia. Of course nowadays you appreciate the music even more.

Oct 27, 2017
Any time I listen to DKC music or Sonic 3 music it tranports me right back to being a kid. I remember pausing and leaving Stickerbush Symphony on in the background for ages just to listen to it.

PspLikeANut

Free
May 20, 2018
David wise is a god. I just love how music matches the mood of the level. Bayou boogie, scorch and torch are great examples of this.

Mar 9, 2018
David Wise is amazing. That man knows how to capture the sound of nature weeping and make it a level theme. He's such a talent. Eveline Fischer is exceptional as well. If David can capture nature weeping, she captures nature's terrorized screams. Fischer composed tracks like the Northern Hemispheres (snow song in DKC1), Tree Top Town, and most of DKC3 SNES.

DKC3 SNES Northern Kremisphere encapsulates the best of DKC3 in my opinion. A mysterious Canadian wilderness adventure. You vs the elements. And the waterfall with a squid thing poking out of it. What a cool composer.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
David Wise is amazing. That man knows how to capture the sound of nature weeping and make it a level theme. He's such a talent. Eveline Fischer is exceptional as well. If David can capture nature weeping, she captures nature's terrorized screams. Fischer composed tracks like the Northern Hemispheres (snow song in DKC1), Tree Top Town, and most of DKC3 SNES.

DKC3 SNES Northern Kremisphere encapsulates the best of DKC3 in my opinion. A mysterious Canadian wilderness adventure. You vs the elements. And the waterfall with a squid thing poking out of it. What a cool composer.
huh, i wouldn't expect that you'd be a fan of donkey kong music

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
David Wise is a great composer.

I really like Diddy Kong Racing the best, myself.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
It's time to link to Sam Miller and the tremendous work he has poured into remastering the original DKC tracks using high-quality samples of each of the instruments/effects!

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
That music took me to another fucking world in DKC2. Probably THE most incredible videogame soundtrack of my entire life. It could be in part due to my age and the nostalgia that surrounds it, but that OST elevated that game to the highest of heights.

Soul Lab

Nov 17, 2017
I mean, if someone doesn't know that by this point, there is something wrong with that person

kurt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yep dc1 and dc2. Dc3 not so..
But its whats makes the game memorables

dkcfan

Banned
Jan 21, 2020
My top 5 music wise
Dkc 2
Dkctrf
Dkc 1
Dkc 3
Dkcr

Dkc2 had the best soundtrack one of the best every created for a video game but also the other country games beside returns where great. Dkcr missed David wise.

AndreGX

GameXplain
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
San Francisco
YESSSSS. This track always gets ignored when people praise the soundtrack and it makes me insane.

For example, I love GameXplain but every time they discuss the soundtrack they list off tons of tracks and never mention Scorch N' Torch.

I think it's one of Wise's best tracks since DKC2.

I mean, Scorch N' Torch is obviously incredible by virtue of being part of Tropical Freeze's soundtrack. Naming specific tracks is just needlessly redundant ;)

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Well David Wise is amazing! :D The thing with the music is, it's so evocative that even without playing the games and just listening to it, your head just creates an entire world in your mind around it.