• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

marc^o^

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
So Trump's master plan in case he lost.

- Plant the conspiracy theory of voter fraud during debates, especially mail in ballots. Despite the fact he ALWAYS voted by mail himself.
- Rushes Amy to the Supreme Court because he thought they would magically flip the election to his favor if needed.
- GOP in PA refuses to count mail in ballots early. Forcing to count hundred's of thousands day of election.
- Because of this, Trump looks like to have a huge lead on election. Time to claim victory and cry fraud.
- Early projection of AZ completely fucked up his plan. Causing mixed messaging of "stop the vote" and "count the vote". Time to panic.
- Calls his cult to protest. Using them as pawns to find fraud. All of them illegally trying to record votes and break in buildings to stop the vote.
- Day 4, PA and GA flips. Can't do jack shit because AZ and GA fucked him over. PA was supposed to be the only state to fight over a la 2000 FL but it doesn't even matter, Biden didn't need it anymore.

Everything beautifully backfired in epic fashion.
I loved this recap. Are there things missing, for an exhaustive picture?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
- "Poll watchers" were force to stand 15 feet away and not take pictures or recording (these are not election people, so basically glorified spectators where not allowed to meddle - as it should be)
- Will Smith's dead father voted twice since he died.
- A woman who submitted a ballot 2 days before dying is a clear case of voter fraud (could be true... that's an actual case, but it's still 1 damn vote)
- Rudy allegedly has 'many people' ready to testify that there was fraud
- There was only fraud in democrat winnings
- Place that flipped blue don't have the best people (yes, at some point he shat on everyone living where he was speaking)

At some point is there not a risk (hope) that there are counter suits by either individuals or states against the republicans for obstruction of due process/justice - something like that?

dejay

Nov 5, 2017
I can only imagine what was going through the minds of members of the press as they were following their GPS into some light-industrial area in disbelief.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I still can't tell if this is Nathan For You or some Sacha Baron Cohen stunt.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
I loved this recap. Are there things missing, for an exhaustive picture?

There is also the matter of putting an incompetent donator at the helm of the postal services and slow down the mails processing, even refusing to follow court order to speed up processing and delivery for discovered stashes of ballots.

Slow down processing so you can ask to stop counting the mail arriving too late... if that's not a plan i don't know what it is.

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, those pieces of fraud are very weak.

To trumpet what Trump did so quickly was an incredible mistake. There is and was no way they had anything and to double down with hotlines asking for it?

Worst part is that 'it' doesn't likely mean shit. As an Election Worker I can tell you it's HARD to get through this process without a mistake but NONE of the mistakes affect voters. 'The Vote' is sacrosanct and it has to make it through so many people to get counted.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
- A woman who submitted a ballot 2 days before dying is a clear case of voter fraud (could be true... that's an actual case, but it's still 1 damn vote)
Wait a sec, how is that case, even hypothetically speaking, "fraud"? Assuming the ballot in question was send via mail, then it's just important whether the person was alive and eligible to vote at the moment the ballot was sent.
If the ballot in question was actually handed into a polling station, then it's the same story, it has to count if the person was alive and eligible at the moment of casting their vote.

How is it fraudulent if a person happens to die after early voting? Or did you mean "after dying" there?

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
That PA plan would have never worked because he's behind in that state by tens of thousands of votes. The 2000 recount in Florida, there was only a few hundred vote difference between the candidates. In that case Florida also wiped 170,000 predominantly black people from the voter rolls just before the election.
His plan in PA was to ask the state legislature, which is controlled by a GOP majority, to throw out the popular vote altogether on allegations of fraud and have the legislature itself pick the electors without a popular vote. He tried to get that ball rolling a couple of days ago and the PA GOP basically told him to go fuck himself.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
We literally watched him try to stage a coup, and is stlll doing so. If he ever concedes the press better not say what dignity he has shown in defeat. He's a fascist piece of shit.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
We literally watched him try to stage a coup, and is stlll doing so. If he ever concedes the press better not say what dignity he has shown in defeat. He's a fascist piece of shit.
Outside a few on fox news, everyone in the press his ripping him a new one for this shit. They are fucking done with him.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017

I am laughing uncontrollably

This is a weird street. Next to the crematorium is a small event center:
lmz3Ecc.jpg

Surprised they didn't try to pretend they were using the event center as some kind of base of operations.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
It's easy to laugh this off, but the fucker cou

- Plant the conspiracy theory of voter fraud during debates, especially mail in ballots. Despite the fact he ALWAYS voted by mail himself.
- Rushes Amy to the Supreme Court because he thought they would magically flip the election to his favor if needed.
- GOP in PA refuses to count mail in ballots early. Forcing to count hundred's of thousands day of election.
- Because of this, Trump looks like to have a huge lead on election. Time to claim victory and cry fraud.
- Early projection of AZ completely fucked up his plan. Causing mixed messaging of "stop the vote" and "count the vote". Time to panic.
- Calls his cult to protest. Using them as pawns to find fraud. All of them illegally trying to record votes and break in buildings to stop the vote.
- Day 4, PA and GA flips. Can't do jack shit because AZ and GA fucked him over. PA was supposed to be the only state to fight over a la 2000 FL but it doesn't even matter, Biden didn't need it anymore.

I am hoping that when the dust has settled this plan will be investigated. People are busy celebrating Trumps loss at the moment, but I suspect that he very almost successfully stole an election. Without his fuckery, Biden may have been WAY out in front, not this near miss. Also, Trump is a complete dumb ass, and the plan is quite cunning. This is why I'm convinced that Russia has been advising all along. Time will tell.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot get over them accidentally booking a landscaping parking lot. What an exclamation point to this election week.

Observable

Oct 27, 2017

Aside from the USPS shenanigans this paints a pretty good picture.

The role of Fox News in the plan's failure is incredible, especially since they were fully aware of the implications and honestly the plan itself, seeing that they have worked with GOP staff to plan out TV interviews.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017

The role of Fox News in the plan's failure is incredible, especially since they were fully aware of the implications and honestly the plan itself, seeing that they have worked with GOP staff to plan out TV interviews.
It was like when Scar threw the hyenas under the bus.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017

The unsung heroes of the election: USPS, Gritty...and Fox News. You couldn't pay someone a million dollars to believe that if you told them back in January.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The best part of that Fox News AZ call was that it really was premature and wrong to make. Trump's batshit "stop the count"narrative got completely derailed because Fox News (and AP) actually did kinda fuck up that one call. It's some poetic shit.

Oct 26, 2017
Lololol could it possibly be true that they booked this by mistake thinking it was the hotel??
Well I can't think of another explanation. Should have gone with a Four Seasons pizza.

Edit: ok, I thought of an alternate explanation:
The original Trump Tweet simply said
Lawyers Press Conference at Four Seasons, Philadelphia. 11:00 A.M.

It could be that they planned to host it at the hotel but were turned down.
Because Trump had already tweeted the name and is incapable of being wrong, his team were forced to find another Four Seasons, so they went with the landscaping company. This is potentially a better sit-com setup than the alternative.

Last edited:

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
Wait a sec, how is that case, even hypothetically speaking, "fraud"? Assuming the ballot in question was send via mail, then it's just important whether the person was alive and eligible to vote at the moment the ballot was sent.
If the ballot in question was actually handed into a polling station, then it's the same story, it has to count if the person was alive and eligible at the moment of casting their vote.

How is it fraudulent if a person happens to die after early voting? Or did you mean "after dying" there?
Someone explained earlier here that not every state as a law about situations like these and these laws can go either way (yes some state void votes if death happens after cast)
Those that don't could be argued in court which would then be case by case and judgement could go either way.

Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan, North Carolina and Pennsylvania don't count early ballots cast by voters who die before Election Day, while Arizona, Florida, Georgia and Ohio do

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
The best part of that Fox News AZ call was that it really was premature and wrong to make. Trump's batshit "stop the count"narrative got completely derailed because Fox News (and AP) actually did kinda fuck up that one call. It's some poetic shit.
Not only that, but it's literally counter weighting his dumbshit "how do you just randomly climb back with votes" rhetoric. So it works in multiple ways.

StuKen

Oct 27, 2017

The bestest bit is the exact same scenario happened in a 2015 episode of Veep where Selina's reelection campaign finds missing votes, demands the vote count keeps going, get the stay and when they find they're trending to her oppenent flips and demands the count then stop.

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
Have there been any inside story articles about this conference yet? I'd love to know how it came to be.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
This is normal for them. This is a final reminder of how they've been running the country for 4 fucking years.

4 seasons total landscaping?

what a fantastic way to end his presidency.

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
It's easy to laugh this off, but the fucker cou

I am hoping that when the dust has settled this plan will be investigated. People are busy celebrating Trumps loss at the moment, but I suspect that he very almost successfully stole an election. Without his fuckery, Biden may have been WAY out in front, not this near miss. Also, Trump is a complete dumb ass, and the plan is quite cunning. This is why I'm convinced that Russia has been advising all along. Time will tell.

Seriously. Trump made (and is technically still flailing around to make) an attempt to overturn election results and stage a coup to force himself as continued president. This cannot be ignored and should have some damn consequences. He needs to be made an example of so no future GOP candidates try again.

simmias

Oct 30, 2017
Someone explained earlier here that not every state as a law about situations like these and these laws can go either way (yes some state void votes if death happens after cast)
Those that don't could be argued in court which would then be case by case and judgement could go either way.
You guys just made me watch that garbage presser again. He was saying her request to vote was received the day after the one listed on her obituary. The ballot was mailed to her a day later, and her vote was received about two weeks later.

Even if that did happen, it's not that surprising. I remember the same situation from four years ago where a Trump voter died and a family member filled in the absentee for them because it was that person's wish that if they died their vote still make it. Probably the same thing here. Not legal, but I can understand why it happens, and it's not something that's happening widespread.

Now, if this were a situation where people who had been dead for years were voting, yeah, we'd have an issue.

ivantod

Oct 27, 2017

Olivia Nuzzi, writer for NYMag is on it

You know, I really don't care about anything else Trump related at this point, but I really, really, need to know WTF happened here that they ended up having this press conference in a parking lot next to an adult bookstore/sex shop. I really need to know this.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
You know, I really don't care about anything else Trump related at this point, but I really, really, need to know WTF happened here that they ended up having this press conference in a parking lot next to an adult bookstore/sex shop. I really need to know this.
To be fair, there are a couple of houses and an auto body shop between the lot and the sex shop. Next door in the other direction is a ministry and across the street next to the crematorium is an event center for hosting events. Pretty busy place. Still funny.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
I love how pathetic and small-time they look already. Now they're on the way out it really amplifies how ridiculous they are, like a bunch of dodgy car salesmen.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
So ruled out that the business was owned by a 'fraud witness' or 'trump supporter'?

The only explanation left is the booking mistake...

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I guarantee that the short story the journalist is working on about this will in and of itself be turned into a Netflix/HBO movie. The entire Trump era is one this-but this one day is ripe for a quirky 90 comedy movie that will be nominated for multiple Emmys.

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
The bestest bit is the exact same scenario happened in a 2015 episode of Veep where Selina's reelection campaign finds missing votes, demands the vote count keeps going, get the stay and when they find they're trending to her oppenent flips and demands the count then stop.

Trump's lawyers at play

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering more about the specific word "fraud" which suggests some sort of malice on the person doing it.
Now that I think about this, I'm not sure how those states that allow early voting (not by mail, but in actual polling stations) determine whether the person has died before election day. You'd need to be able to assign their ballot to their name, but that would mean you could also reconstruct how every single person voted, which seems to go against a big principle in democratic elections (that votes are cast anonymously) .

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering more about the specific word "fraud" which suggests some sort of malice on the person doing it.
Now that I think about this, I'm not sure how those states that allow early voting (not by mail, but in actual polling stations) determine whether the person has died before election day. You'd need to be able to assign their ballot to their name, but that would mean you could also reconstruct how every single person voted, which seems to go against a big principle in democratic elections (that votes are cast anonymously) .
It's also all useless unless it was won by a single vote.
Even an entire graveyard's worth wouldn't change the result here.