• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
A blatant admission of guilt by proxy...should be used as evidence if the country was anywhere near sane.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Democratic believes in gun control, and a lot of them believe in taking guns away from the public, either by buyback or by outright taking them back.

And the Squad is pushing some crazy politics, so bad that even their own party tried to distance themselves from them. They've said they won't condemn Antifa attacks, so that's supporting domestic terrorism. At least 2 of them are anti-Semitic.

So yeah, I'd say both sides have their extremes.
Boy howdy you are dumb

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
I'm from the UK so my view is completely different. But I feel people are too passive and lazy these days to actually do something like a full on coordinated civil war. I think the most you'd see is a few mass shootings in shopping malls by far right terrorists.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
MAGA dudes on Twitter are acting hard and saying they're going to form militias if Trump is impeached. LOL no you won't.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
Just let every person through the border legally and give free health care to all, and thats all the Democratic Party stands for? But every evil Republican wants to lock everybody in dog cages? When you put it that way, I guess I'm way off base. I didn't realize that those were the only political issues to consider.

They're not the only things to consider, but they're good ones.

One party wants to cause as much harm to people crossing the border in order to dissuade people from wanting to do so, because ... it might cause a strain on our society? Which is the best possible way you can read it, even when it's clear that Republicans don't actually care whether or not you're legal or not; they don't want anyone coming? It is, for example, perfectly legitimate for asylum seekers to seek refuge in the US, and yet, somehow the right has decided that's cheating. Because it's not about how they get to the US, it's about where they come from.

Meanwhile, even if the Democrats think there should be open borders (they don't), the extreme is ... that they think America should be open to people? That they're irresponsible, because they don't understand the limits on our infrastructure?

So abject cruelty for the sake of keeping things, what, running smoothly? As opposed to naivete?

What is the best argument for Republicans when it comes to healthcare, that some people just aren't trying hard enough to make a six figure income, so they deserve to be financially ruined? Or perhaps they don't deserve it, because they have the "wrong" job, and therefore don't deserve to be healthy? To not die off, because they can't afford their medication?

And Democrats are an extreme, because they think that they do ... and at worst, this is ... "fiscally irresponsible?"

Those are your two extremes?

One of your extremes is that Democrats don't think that people should have a right to literally any gun. Wow, what an extreme. For the record, very few Democrats advocate for outright seizure of all guns.

Or here's another extreme, Democrats think there should be background checks on guns and Republicans think there shouldn't. Wow, look at these two extremes. Clearly two ends of the spectrum.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
One of your extremes is that Democrats don't think that people should have a right to literally any gun. Wow, what an extreme. For the record, very few Democrats advocate for outright seizure of all guns.

With as much of a bogeyman as Beto is to the right, you'd figure he's polling at Warren numbers. He's loudly heard all over conservative twitter and is used as the "voice" of the whole Democratic party. That grouped together with Trikster40 name-dropping antifa and "the squad" reeks of alt-right dude trying to use the "both sides" rhetoric to make an argument.

Most of the red is empty space. I still don't get how people don't realize this.

his followers think he won the popular vote.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
The Demoractic Party has candidates shouting "Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15s." They've got a group of Congresswomen known as the Squad who, whether you want to admit it or not, are the voice of the Democratic Party to non-Democrats because of their loud and brash stances.

The Republicans have Trump, several states have passed extremely severe limitations on abortion, and think climate change is a hoax.

I'm not saying either side is far-left like Communism or far-right like the neo-Nazis but they are nowhere near the center like they used to be. The differences have more space between them now and it's become a "my way is right, yours is wrong" ideology between both parties. Picture the staple desk toy: the swinging silver ballthat go back and forth. Both parties used to be near the center. They'd hit each other, move away from the center a speck, but not far from center. Both parties have moved out a notch, they're further away from each other, and there is clearly a space between either side and the center of politics. Both sides need to be recalibrated.

Think of a time period in American history where two sides couldn't agree on anything and formed a rift between them. If the Civil War doesn't pop to mind immediately, let me
know. And it's not Civil War language just because those two words were used. Those words were used as an adjective to describe the rift between political parties and affiliations. Every single reply was taking the quote as a literal call to Civil War; hell even the thread title says he's tweeting about Civil War. The thread title in itself is inferring that from the quote and misleading people.

Just let every person through the border legally and give free health care to all, and thats all the Democratic Party stands for? But every evil Republican wants to lock everybody in dog cages? When you put it that way, I guess I'm way off base. I didn't realize that those were the only political issues to consider.

That wasn't my immediate concern. My immediate concern is the current political rift in this country. Democrats and Republicans can barely agree anymore. If you don't think an impeachment or a failure to impeach is going to cause one of the sides to go apeshit, you're kidding yourself.

Embarrassingly bad response.

Well, you couldn't be more embarrassing since you apparently don't know what you're reading. That's what this thread is about, right? Taking thing literally rather than figuratively?

ohchNyd.png

trikster40

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ar
trikster40 The instigators of the Warsaw Uprising. Heroes or domestic terrorists?
Are you seriously trying to compare Antifa to Polish citizens trying to oust Nazi Germany from their country?

First, the USA isn't occupied by a foreign country. Second, we aren't Nazi Germany.
Third, if you seriously think the current President is the equivalent of Hitler, you're just way off. I'd like to see your comparisons of the last 3 years to the reign of the Third Reich. By all means, prove me wrong.

When we get invaded by China and Antifa rise up against an occupied military force, I'll agree with your statement.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Ar

Are you seriously trying to compare Antifa to Polish citizens trying to oust Nazi Germany from their country?

First, the USA isn't occupied by a foreign country. Second, we aren't Nazi Germany.
Third, if you seriously think the current President is the equivalent of Hitler, you're just way off. I'd like to see your comparisons of the last 3 years to the reign of the Third Reich. By all means, prove me wrong.

When we get invaded by China and Antifa rise up against an occupied military force, I'll agree with your statement.

Ahh, yes, the inimitable "come on, he's not late-stage Hitler yet" defense.

trikster40

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You've just demonstrated far better than you could even imagine how much out of touch you are and how much people were right to tell you the us dems are nowhere near the left.
'take away the guns' and most of what 'the squad' is saying is not far left AT ALL in the rest of the world.

congratsyouveplayedyourself.gif.

Everyone keeps saying not far left "in the rest of the world." That implies that you are in America. Let me know when the rest of the world gets a vote in American politics.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Trickster sounds like a big Ben Shapiro fan ...
His logic is just as sound as Ben Shapiro's so checks out.

How the fuck is "we need stricter gun control" an extreme stance where the US literally has school shooter drills due to the prevelance of gun violence. You can literally buy an ak-47 before you're able to drink.
Anybody who's still pushing the Both Sides meme when we've got concentration camps piling up with dead children today is not worth listening to.

Last edited:

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stay safe American ResetEra members.. That all sounds really scary from my perspective.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ar

🤡

Bleu

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Everyone keeps saying not far left "in the rest of the world." That implies that you are in America. Let me know when the rest of the world gets a vote in American politics.
i have no words to express how dumb this take is.
by your logic, in a country with a only a gop like party in the landscape, some dude saying you should not bomb abortion clinics would be far left, because there would be nothing else to the left ?
it's like saying temperatures below 10°C (sorry, real si units) do not exist because your home AC cannot go below that.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Ar

Antifia is beating the shit out of Nazis tho.

Trump wants to put Mexicans in cages/shoot them with alligators. He wants to be Hitler but he's too stupid to listen o anyone on how to do it legally. He'd do the same to Muslims.

He and Hitler have a lot in common. It's just that Trump is a moron. He goes for loyalty over people that can get the job done.

America isn't where Germany was though. There are far too many good people to beat the fuck out of Nazis at every corner. His bases is just a bunch of jackasses who are bringing the nation's life expectancy down due to their opiate abuse, mass shootings, and loneliness. That's been a constant in America though. That's one of the features of white supremacy realizing it's not the same as it was decades ago.

Folks need to calm down about civil war. A lot of that popular vote owns guns too. And can also read.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
trikster40 how is the Squad just as bad as Trump? Very basic question I want to understand.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Antifia is beating the shit out of Nazis tho.

Trump wants to put Mexicans in cages/shoot them with alligators. He wants to be Hitler but he's too stupid to listen o anyone on how to do it legally. He'd do the same to Muslims.

He and Hitler have a lot in common. It's just that Trump is a moron. He goes for loyalty over people that can get the job done.

America isn't where Germany was though. There are far too many good people to beat the fuck out of Nazis at every corner. His bases is just a bunch of jackasses who are bringing the nation's life expectancy down due to their opiate abuse, mass shootings, and loneliness. That's been a constant in America though. That's one of the features of white supremacy realizing it's not the same as it was decades ago.

Folks need to calm down about civil war. A lot of that popular vote owns guns too. And can also read.

80% of opiate addiction starts from doctor prescribed pills for legitimate injuries. Please don't lump this issue in with whatever generalization you're throwing around.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017

"We were not implying causality, that the Trump vote caused opioids or that opioids caused the Trump vote," he cautions. "We're talking about associations."

And I think you're missing the point of what I'm trying to make. The opiate crisis in this country isn't because people wanted to do drugs. Purduepharma(sp?) lied to the world about their drugs and hundreds of thousands are dead for the case of money.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Ar

you know what dude, full-disclosure, I reported one of your posts because of the "inter-forum drama" rule.

Here you are, reporting your shit posting on NeoGAF

You're trying to rile people up so you can take choice posts and share them somewhere else.

You are not arguing in good faith or with good intentions.

Please stop.

Last edited by a moderator:

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
"We were not implying causality, that the Trump vote caused opioids or that opioids caused the Trump vote," he cautions. "We're talking about associations."

And I think you're missing the point of what I'm trying to make. The opiate crisis in this country isn't because people wanted to do drugs. Purduepharma(sp?) lied to the world about their drugs and hundreds of thousands are dead for the case of money.

My point is that middle America is suffering from an opiate crisis. The gop wants you dead without healthcare. Healthcare and programs help prevent addiction along with education and strict regulation.

Literally all things the gop is against.every solution.

Yeah you're fucking upon multiple levels supporting the gop.

Opiates are given out for everyhing. Needs regulation. So vote for the party that guts regulation. As simple as that.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
My point is that middle America is suffering from an opiate crisis. The gop wants you dead without healthcare. Healthcare and programs help prevent addiction along with education and strict regulation.

Literally all things the gop is against.every solution.

Yeah you're fucking upon multiple levels supporting the gop.

Opiates are given out for everyhing. Needs regulation. So vote for the party that guts regulation. As simple as that.

Neither party did anything to prevent the opioid crisis and both are fighting Purdue pharma. Maybe on a state by state basis things are different but nobody saw this crisis coming except the company that lied about their drugs.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada

This is a mind-bogglingly stupid take, dude. You're purposefully narrowing the sample size to move the goalposts.

you know what dude, full-disclosure, I reported one of your posts because of the "inter-forum drama" rule.

You're trying to rile people up so you can take choice posts and share them somewhere else.

Please stop.

Hahah, snowflake had to run back to his safe space.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Ar

US has concentration camps where children are dying from horrible treatment, US is trying to take away human rights from transgender people, women, muslims & other minorities that they falsely blame for society's woes, you have a gestapo-equivalent in ICE who hunt any & all foreigners they deem unwantable (regardless if they are legal or "illegal"), US journalism is seriously compromised with large parts of it being uncontrolled fascist/far right propaganda & you have a government that is trying to do everything in their power to smear what opposition is left, they are shaping education to be more in line with far right ideals etc.

The similarities are there. It isn't quite as far as Nazi Germany got at its worst but it wasn't a fascist hellhole on Earth right from the start either. It got proggressively worse. US is definitely headed in that direction if they don't do a hard U-turn back from the brink. Currently over 1/3rd supports the fascists in the government and I can only see that number going up as global issues & far right propaganda keep feeding radicalization.

Browser

Apr 13, 2019

Please stop.
Wow didnt even know this is a thing, explains some behaviour we see in ERA sometimes. Good job catching it.

Link to his post at neogaf is not working, they deleted the evidence i guess

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017

Please stop.
When the joker started up about gun control being far left, it was clear he was here to try and go out in a blaze of glory so they'd have a "cool" story to go bring elsewhere. Imagine being the type of person who thinks it's worth taking this story over to gaf to go crow about how you supposedly "Called em out." President is making constant allusions to civil war and coups and this knucklehead is worried about calling ERA out lol. Good grief.

Last edited:

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
US has concentration camps where children are dying from horrible treatment, US is trying to take away human rights from transgender people, women, muslims & other minorities that they falsely blame for society's woes, you have a gestapo-equivalent in ICE who hunt any & all foreigners they deem unwantable (regardless if they are legal or "illegal"), US journalism is seriously compromised with large parts of it being uncontrolled fascist/far right propaganda & you have a government that is trying to do everything in their power to smear what opposition is left, they are shaping education to be more in line with far right ideals etc.

The similarities are there. It isn't quite as far as Nazi Germany got at its worst but it wasn't a fascist hellhole on Earth right from the start either. It got proggressively worse. US is definitely headed in that direction if they don't do a hard U-turn back from the brink. Currently over 1/3rd supports the fascists in the government and I can only see that number going up as global issues & far right propaganda keep feeding radicalization.

I don't think that your point is entirely wrong, we definitely have a problem with fascism taking hold. I do believe that America has certain safeties pre-Nazi Germany didn't have, especially in terms of the ideological makeup that allows fascism to take root. Germany was a world superpower that had been rendered into a broken, battered country with it's economy brought to it's knees by the massive reparations imposed on it by the allies post-WW1. That, ideologically, was like fertilized soil for Hitler to come along with a nationalist message proclaiming how great Germany's people were to do what they had done and how strong they could be if it weren't for the outside forces and complacent government holding them back. It's actually kind of easy to see how that message would work there, looking back in hindsight objectively through the historical lens.

Trump's nationalism is largely based on conspiracy theories and shit he made up, which sort of limits his collective ideological audience to "how willing are the American people to accept a semi-fascist executive branch if it will espouse nationalist racist ideas?", to which we learned in 2016 the answer is, perhaps surprisingly, higher than we thought. We can all remember the other Republican candidates looking at him like an utter loon during his primary run. It just turned out nationalist ideology is accepted by an uncomfortable amount of people once the less-overt racial dogwhistles are dropped. But it's pretty capped there I'd like to think, there's no fertilized soil so to speak, no *real* danger or oppression from Mexico or China; he just doesn't like them because they aren't white. That message doesn't really fly beyond his base. Also while our government's system of checks and balances has proven very slow and weak in pulling Trump back, it is working. He's also exposed some blatant flaws and weaknesses in those checks that need to be addressed in the future. We are also already seeing some small modicum of support reluctantly growing from some Republicans on impeachment. I tend to believe when this really pops off, even with the ultra-partisan Republican party we have, Trump will find that even they are not willing to go where he wants to go.

The real danger lies beyond Trump, in the future, in what happens if the GOP eventually fields a nationalist politician that *isn't* an idiotic criminal.