• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Wow, how generous of him!

Nov 18, 2020
SO the electoral college could still vote for trump?

Theoretically, yes they could. HOWEVER the Democratic Party is the one who chooses the electors for Biden, and they choose the most liberal people humanly possible. Union presidents, activists, career politicians, etc. For example, Hillary Clinton is an elector for New York. There's no way in hell she's going to choose Trump for president haha

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Taffy Lewis

Oct 27, 2017
His last hope is for Mike Pence to just take the piece of paper at the end of the EC vote and just say "Okay, counting all the legal Electoral College votes, I announce Trump as the winner."

The vote is certified in a joint session of congress at the beginning of January, that'd be the last chance for any shenanigans to happen.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
That's almost impossible. It's *theoretically* possible, but the chances of it happening are infinstesimal.
Theoretically, yes they could. HOWEVER the Democratic Party is the one who chooses the electors for Biden, and they choose the most liberal people humanly possible. Union presidents, activists, career politicians, etc. For example, Hillary Clinton is an elector for New York. There's no way in hell she's going to choose Trump for president haha
The electors are appointed by the party. Democrat electors aren't going to vote for Trump.
Thanks for the clarification!

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Why do I get the feeling he's only saying this because he's trying as hard as he possibly can to fuck with the Electors so they don't vote for Biden? So in his mind he's like "Yeah of course I'll do it but there's no chance of it happening so who fucking cares what I say now"

Not saying he's going to succeed just that that's how it comes off to me knowing every single other thing he's ever said and done. And of course as others have said, when they do vote for Biden he's going to contest it.

You guys need to stop acting like Trump is some cold, calculating genius. This isn't "4D chess". He's saying this because he's a petulant, stupid, whiny man, not because he has some grand plan in place to steal the presidency. He's cooked. He knows it. We all know it. Its all about optics for him now, and how he can bow out in a way that doesn't make him look like a "loser".

Deleted member 35509

Account closed at user request
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Yeah thats how it works dipshit

People just vote on election day. The states take until the 2nd week of dec to certify the results, and then the electoral college votes in each state based on those certified results. The process takes a little over a month to play out, but "election day" is not the totality of the electoral process essentially.

This is the stupidest fucking system. What is the point?

We need to move on to one simple system, the popular vote, even if it does always hurt Republican chances of winning.

Jimmypython

Oct 27, 2017
SO he is going to resign and let Pence pardon him?

Pence will become the 46th and Joe is 47th?? lolol

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Best to get out early. It's going to take Biden months to disinfect the place, clean the pee bedsheets and remove all the ugly gold furniture.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
I would love it if Trump and then Pence resigned, leaving Nancy Pelosi as interim president until Biden gets inaugurated so we get a head start in dealing with COVID, but I'm not holding my breath.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Does the state have to certify the vote so that the winning party can select the electors to vote on Dec 14?

Nov 18, 2020

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I believe the judge blocked it too late to circumvent the Presidential certification in Pennsylvania. This was already officially filed:

And it can't just be recanted or dismissed. Now further certification for down-ballot races can be halted for the time being.
The presidential part was done, that only blocks the down ballot stuff. But even that was overturned a few hours later
Great to hear.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I know the electoral process but it sure seems like overkill to vote, certify the vote, then let the electors vote.
A lot of shit is left over from a time when people came into the city once a month, and indoor plumbing was still in the concept stages.

Wait until you find out about caucuses