• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, this is too little too late. They could have done something a long time ago to much more impact and benefit. Doing this now as he is leaving through the backdoor feels empty and a way to save face.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
They should have banned him back when he was doing his birther shit but at least they're doing it now.

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
The evil is defeated.

What a relief to see him gone. At long last. And even before the ultimate deplatforming in twelve days time.

Deleted member 1698

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see they did the thing they spent years and years saying they couldn't possibly do.

Must have been a breakthrough.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
tenor.gif
I haven't seen this gif since I left the Escapist.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Google should probably remove Parler from it's search engine and the Playstore and the App Store.

Naiad

Aug 27, 2020
Good, it should have freaking happened a long time ago. Now ban his entire family before they start saying stupid shit to incite more violence because "Daddy, told me to!".

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Yay, I guess.

This is like calling the fire department after you've watched a house burn for a few days.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
People joked that he'd be banned within a day once he was given the "play nice or be banned, for real this time" ultimatum and then it actually happened. lmao

1 less bullhorn for his bullshit.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
Good, but he's a president, and the president right now so whatever he says is going to be put out there by the media regardless, so I don't see it really mattering

seki

Oct 30, 2017
Official Twitter rationale:

Permanent suspension of @realDonaldTrump (twitter.com)

This determination is based on a number of factors, including:

- Plans for future armed protests have already begun proliferating on and off-Twitter, including a proposed secondary attack on the US Capitol and state capitol buildings on January 17, 2021.

The Capitol Police Chief stating that his resignation is effective on the 16th instead of right away immediately came to mind when I read this. Probably a coincidence, but the paranoid in me can't help but wonder if there's a connection.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Official Twitter rationale:

Permanent suspension of @realDonaldTrump (twitter.com)

This determination is based on a number of factors, including:

- Plans for future armed protests have already begun proliferating on and off-Twitter, including a proposed secondary attack on the US Capitol and state capitol buildings on January 17, 2021.
Uh...so, again, they've got the right people moving to stop all this shit, right? There aren't going to multiple attempts at this that get the same total lack of push back, right?

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Only thing I worry about is how Twitter is gonna find a way to make themselves seem impartial. They're gonna find some "both sides" sacrifices.

jungomitis

Apr 8, 2020
Better late than never. Hopefully journalists do their job and read Trumps Parlor posts

Imo though, twitter and facebook are just reacting to the flipped Senate and possible regulations