• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 18, 2020
Twitter had "multiple indicators" (which I suspect might have been from Intelligence agencies) that Trump's tweets were "received and understood as encouragement" for his supporters to attack Biden's inauguration. So banning Trump's account was to help stop the further rise of domestic terrorism.

blog.twitter.com

Permanent suspension of @realDonaldTrump

Suspension of @realDonaldTrump

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif
Where is this from?

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017

It's probably already been posted (I can't keep up with this thread), but here's Twitter's explanation:

On January 8, 2021, President Donald J. Trump tweeted:

"The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!"

Shortly thereafter, the President tweeted:

"To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th."

[...]

We assessed the two Tweets referenced above under our Glorification of Violence policy, which aims to prevent the glorification of violence that could inspire others to replicate violent acts and determined that they were highly likely to encourage and inspire people to replicate the criminal acts that took place at the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021.

This determination is based on a number of factors, including:
  • President Trump's statement that he will not be attending the Inauguration is being received by a number of his supporters as further confirmation that the election was not legitimate and is seen as him disavowing his previous claim made via two Tweets (1, 2) by his Deputy Chief of Staff, Dan Scavino, that there would be an "orderly transition" on January 20th.
  • The second Tweet may also serve as encouragement to those potentially considering violent acts that the Inauguration would be a "safe" target, as he will not be attending.
  • The use of the words "American Patriots" to describe some of his supporters is also being interpreted as support for those committing violent acts at the US Capitol.
  • The mention of his supporters having a "GIANT VOICE long into the future" and that "They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!" is being interpreted as further indication that President Trump does not plan to facilitate an "orderly transition" and instead that he plans to continue to support, empower, and shield those who believe he won the election.
  • Plans for future armed protests have already begun proliferating on and off-Twitter, including a proposed secondary attack on the US Capitol and state capitol buildings on January 17, 2021.
As such, our determination is that the two Tweets above are likely to inspire others to replicate the violent acts that took place on January 6, 2021, and that there are multiple indicators that they are being received and understood as encouragement to do so.

SirDante

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 20, 2020
And DOWN goes his empire... his hopes for rallying a 2024 run are over. Gone. His weapon, more powerful than the red button for warheads, the one he's wielded since before he won the 2016 election has been vanquished. Time for the inauguration to finish him off.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Right here:

Trump Twitter Archive

All 30,000+ of Trump's tweets, instantly searchable
www.thetrumparchive.com

Trump Twitter Archive

All 50,000+ of Trump's tweets, instantly searchable

This will be the equivelant of Trump's presidential library. Just a endless stream of angry, ignorant rage-filled tweets. Most of which arent even written by him because they have too many words in them. The ones that arent in all caps and yelling. Those aren't his.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
What I wouldn't give to see a feed of him when he pulled up the ban message.

Hopefully there are some great stories from aides coming soon that can at least paint a vivid picture.

...Fully expect him to be on Parler tomorrow whining about free speech and attacking Jack.
I actually have access to a clip from someone's phone showing his reaction, take a look:
EarnestVeneratedFirebelliedtoad-max-14mb.gif

lmog

Jun 17, 2019
Brazil
Honestly hope they keep his tweets archived, because well, they actually have some historical value.

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I might just listen to the Patriot channel on SiriusXM later today while rubbing my entire body in cocoa butter and moaning in pleasure

Amathene

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This is late but great. Can't get complacent though since MAGAts diehards are still coordinating on other platforms. Security on Jan 20th needs to be taken seriously

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
eF4LJLkn.jpg

In perspective, is wild that this particular photo must be one the most viewed picture in history

Last edited:

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As late as this is, I fucking love how irrelevant he became in a few short days. Should have never gotten to the point of poking around insurrection but fuck if it doesn't feel good that humanity has repudiated it and him so hard.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
This will be the equivelant of Trump's presidential library. Just a endless stream of angry, ignorant rage-filled tweets. Most of which arent even written by him because they have too many words in them. The ones that arent in all caps and yelling. Those aren't his.
This is the only legacy this trash deserves