• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Verhai

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
User banned (permanent): troll account
Didnt Obama start a few wars in Middle East and he still got a nobel peace prize I dont see why Trump shouldn't be atleast nominated for one. Look the recent peace deals done under Trump's presidency.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Might as well nominate Ivanka while we're at it too, for her efforts in butting into conversations with world leaders while they all look at her awkwardly.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
This shouldn't be news, it's Tybring-Gjedde nominating him. He's like one of only two or three people that support Trump in the Norwegian parliament (out of 165). You have serious issues if you have the privilege of living in Norway, but support Trump. Cognitive dissonance at a high level.

Verhai

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My avatar doesn't matter in this situation. If ye wanna just totally disregard all the horrible stuff that happened in Syria and Libya under Obama's presidency then clearly there's nothing more to talk about .

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Didnt Obama start a few wars in Middle East and he still got a nobel peace prize I dont see why Trump shouldn't be atleast nominated for one. Look the recent peace deals done under Trump's presidency.
Obama got it early in his presidency, I think that was before he had time to start any new wars.
Though he did spend half of his noble peace prize speech saying how awesome and justified the war in Afghanistan and the war on terror are.

In any case, I think the Nobel Peace Prize is a fucking joke and no one should take it seriously.

SolarPowered

Oct 28, 2017
This would definitely be my event horizon nightmare. Maybe they can bring a wheelchair bound Palestenian child to offer up the reward simultaneously to Trump and Netenyahu.

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Obama got it early in his presidency, I think that was before he had time to start any new wars.
Though he did spend half of his noble peace prize speech saying how awesome and justified the war in Afghanistan and the war on terror are.

In any case, I think the Nobel Peace Prize is a fucking joke and no one should take it seriously.

One problem seems to be that it's not really a neutral award but more of an extension of Sweden's foreign policy and diplomacy. Backwater deals and rapprochement probably leads to stuff that seems nonsensical to an outside observer. It greatly diminishes the prestige and yes, turns it into a joke.

Enkidu

Oct 27, 2017
One problem seems to be that it's not really a neutral award but more of an extension of Sweden's foreign policy and diplomacy. Backwater deals and rapprochement probably leads to stuff that seems nonsensical to an outside observer. It greatly diminishes the prestige and yes, turns it into a joke.
It's Norway and not Sweden for the Peace prize, but yes, the Peace prize is the only Nobel that is explicitly political. The Literature one can come off that way sometimes, but it is at least chosen by academics. The Peace prize is controlled by the Norwegian parliament, so no matter how objective they try to be (and I'm not sure they even try to be) it will always be a highly political prize.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
If you all want to have a good time, head back to 2018 when Trump was last in talks for a peace prize. It's a pretty funny thread. The Trump love was almost palpable back then.

www.resetera.com

Breaking: North and South Korea will sign a peace treaty later this year

North and South Korea will sign a peace treaty to formally end the Korean War later this year, 65 years after hostilities ceased, the two countries announced in a joint declaration Friday. The document, formally called the “Panmunjom Declaration for Peace, Prosperity and Unification on the...

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017

There were more bombs dropped and drone strikes in the first 12 months of Trump's presidency than Obama's entire 8 years in office. There was also a sharp increase in civilian deaths. And Trump ended an Obama policy that required the pentagon to report civilian casualties.
JUST A REMINDER :

EhZgjeGX0AAayPP
EhZgkFDWkAYYn-a

Trump Inherited the Drone War but Ditched Accountability

Trump revokes Obama rule on reporting drone strike deaths