• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
The wetness comment always bugs me. Wetness is an actual measurement taken into account during storms of this type. Maybe he didn't word it 100% correctly but this comment isn't nearly as stupid as it sounds (very).

It's a goddamn Cat 3-4 hurricane, of course it's going to be wet.

Yeah, you can word something poorly, but still have more vocabulary skills than a fourth grader so you don't call things like the ocean "big water"

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
My favorite HI-Q tik of Trump's is when he reads the teleprompter wrong then tries to fumble his wrong interpretation to the prompted sentence.

Dec 12, 2017
First of all, the "Obama wasn't good without a teleprompter" stuff is a lie made up by right-wing radio to make people think he was stupid.

Secondly, it's easy to win over a stupid crowd that already adores you by rambling nonsense and dogwhistles for two hours.

Yeah clearly Trump is always playing to his base and knows how to do that pretty well. Just people wanting to hear from a very successful person the things they already think. I get that.

Obama is super smart, much smarter than us, and smarter than Trump. But he was still infamously stuttery outside the context of speeches.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
He owns a skyscraper in the most expensive real-estate market on the planet...seems like he might know some things I definitely don't.

And that makes him high IQ?

I'm still finding it hard to believe you're serious. I mean never-mind the fact that some of his ranting is basically incoherent but this is the guy who has said so many absolutely idiotic, wrong and made up shit the past years it's impossible for you to have missed it.

Who the fuck do you know who is high IQ that says things like, "I know more about X than anyone" when talking about their own field, much less EVERY topic they discuss?

You have a fantasy of Donald Trump that you project onto him, just like his supporters do. The real Donald Trump isn't that fantasy. That's just your head making shit up and you being delusional. Start being fucking serious.

Dec 12, 2017
It's a goddamn Cat 3-4 hurricane, of course it's going to be wet.

Yeah, you can word something poorly, but still have more vocabulary skills than a fourth grader so you don't call things like the ocean "big water"

The closest thing I can compare it to is Civil War battles where they say, "This was the bloodiest battle". Of course it's bloody, but bloodiness is an actual historical measurement term that many don't know about...it's unsurprising to me that Trump said "Wetness from the standpoint of water" and people jumped to call him stupid once again.

It's like when the he said something about Canadians burning down the white house, and everyone laughed and laughed at how dumb he is. Nope, you're wrong, Canadians WERE the ones who burned down the white house.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smar...canada-burned-down-the-white-house-127844144/

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah clearly Trump is always playing to his base and knows how to do that pretty well. Just people wanting to hear from a very successful person the things they already think. I get that.

Obama is super smart, much smarter than us, and smarter than Trump. But he was still infamously stuttery outside the context of speeches.
Taking time to think of what to say and filling in the gaps with nonsense are not one in the same.

Does this look like someone who struggles to come up with content without a teleprompter?

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The closest thing I can compare it to is Civil War battles where they say, "This was the bloodiest battle". Of course it's bloody, but bloodiness is an actual historical measurement term that many don't know about...it's unsurprising to me that Trump said "Wetness from the standpoint of water" and people jumped to call him stupid once again.

It's like when the he said something about Canadians burning down the white house, and everyone laughed and laughed at how dumb he is. Nope, you're wrong, Canadians WERE the ones who burned down the white house.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smar...canada-burned-down-the-white-house-127844144/
Oh my lord

Dec 12, 2017
Taking time to think of what to say and filling in the gaps with nonsense are not one in the same.

Does this look like someone who struggles to come up with content without a teleprompter?

and if I go to youtube and type in "Obama stu" it autofills with a million results for obama stuttering compilations. Both things are true, and I loved Obama. I think he's one of the greats of the last 50 years.

Dec 12, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Trolling and a history of defending bigotry
Also, Trump is very very funny. Not in a cynical, "Haha look at this idiot" kind of way, but every once in a while he gets a pretty good zinger out or says something hilarious. Being funny is a pretty good indicator of intelligence.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Also, Trump is very very funny. Not in a cynical, "Haha look at this idiot" kind of way, but every once in a while he gets a pretty good zinger out or says something hilarious. Being funny is a pretty good indicator of intelligence.

So Obama stuttering is a red flag for you, but Trump "getting in a pretty good zinger once in a while" means he's intelligent?

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine being told you're dumb by Trump. My god.

Like a journalist should just ask him an easy capital city question. Or anything at all about the constitution.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
What an absolutely random thing to not only tweet about, but to call someone stupid for.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
I have no idea what the hell I just read in this thread over the last page, but all I know is that I am way too sober for that fuckery on a Monday afternoon. Good lord

Ecotic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Trump has the very asymmetrical talents that an extremely skilled con man and demogogue would possess. He can self-promote really well, play to the worst instincts of a crowd, and he can definitely network with amoral businessmen whose activities are funded with very poorly regulated third-world financial institutions typically found in Russia, Latin America, or the Middle East.

In most respects though his cognitive ability is low. He could never make a logically airtight argument, as his entire existence has just relied upon trumpeting self-serving falsehoods loudly and often. He would completely fail at what we (ideally) strive to do here on message boards, which is make a persuasive and logical argument grounded in evidence. In business he's just a licensor, and sells his name. He could never build a true business like Jeff Bezos did with Amazon for instance. That takes tremendous knowledge, insight, perseverance, and organizational management skills. Any time he's done more than license his name the business has usually fared poorly. Lastly, his net worth has largely stemmed from inheritance and piggybacking off his father, and it's doubtful he has beaten the stock market risk premium of 6-8% return a year over the long-term, which is to say he'd probably be far wealthier if he just put his dad's inheritance in the S&P 500 and did nothing.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
I think you're digging too deep, here: He knows that people think he's a fucking idiot (which is absolutely accurate), so he's projecting as a defense mechanism... Because deep down, he knows he's not very bright.

Both of our posts can be true.

Trump has a weird obsession with genetics too, and it's something he's talked about long before his presidency (and before the entire world came to know him as the supreme idiot lol).

Chasex

Oct 29, 2017
Person that is hiding all his grades and SAT scores calling someone low iQ. [/surejan.gif]

This goes over well as a punchline but doesn't actually hold much merit. Trump could have above average grades and still be politically savaged over them. Anything less than straight A's across the board or a perfect SAT score is fodder for the media and would show weakness. It's like the Warren DNA test... even though it showed she was technically part Cherokee, it wasn't the slam dunk needed to avoid negative press.

I have to say, for being an otherwise massive buffoon, Trump does seem to have some political savvy... though I'd wager it's tied more to a narcissistic disorder than being a calculated political mastermind. Either that or some very manipulative advisers are working miracles behind the scenes getting him in line.

VISION

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I dont want Biden to be President but I'd love to see Trump try to debate him. Paul Ryan and Biden's debate that one year was absolutely hilarious, as I remember.
I was there in person laughing my ass off during the whole debate. Most of the people there were like "Biden was too mean". It's like what? He's just calling out the bullshit.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Trump doesn't even know how to use his racist dog whistles correctly.
tumblr_mb51y25Pb21qb7gbyo2_1280.png

Orin_linwe

Nov 26, 2017
Malmoe, Sweden.
I guess it's noteworthy only in that "low IQ-individual" has so far mostly been his go-to insult directed towards women and non-white people. So if we're grading on a curve, this is pretty progressive behavior.

But in contrast to all the women and people of color that Trump has described as non-human in this oddly antique, "eugenics-kind-of-way" by calling them low-IQ (and he's absolutely a eugenics-guy) , I don't think people who care about progressive politics should waste too much of their time defending the honor of Biden.

He'll be just fine.

Last edited:

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
This goes over well as a punchline but doesn't actually hold much merit. Trump could have above average grades and still be politically savaged over them. Anything less than straight A's across the board or a perfect SAT score is fodder for the media and would show weakness. It's like the Warren DNA test... even though it showed she was technically part Cherokee, it wasn't the slam dunk needed to avoid negative press.

I have to say, for being an otherwise massive buffoon, Trump does seem to have some political savvy... though I'd wager it's tied more to a narcissistic disorder than being a calculated political mastermind. Either that or some very manipulative advisers are working miracles behind the scenes getting him in line.

Talking shit on Twitter isn't politically savvy. And you really have to "wager" that Trump isn't a political mastermind?

He's an asshole, an idiot, deeply insecure and projects his insecurities on others. It's completely transparent and in no way indicative of any kind of savvy, political or otherwise. It's just that simple.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Over being tongue-tied? Trump? The projection is far from the worst part about him, but it's definitely frustrating.