• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2426

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These white supremacist assholes don't care anymore. Scum of the earth.

And pleeeeease, the iron cross, templar shit is as much of a WHITE CHRISTIAN SUPREMACY as all their other symbols.

Biggavell

Banned
Dec 26, 2019
Doesn't change that the Iron Cross is not an inherently racist or nazi item in and of itself, it was around a lot longer than those ideals.
Meanings change. A variation of the swatstika existed long before Nazi Germany co-opted it, but no one will successfully defend the use of it by mentioning that bit of trivia. Anyone who sports an Iron Cross in this day and age almost certainly deserves to be side eyed.

Deathman

Oct 25, 2017
Meanings change. A variation of the swatstika existed long before Nazi Germany co-opted it, but no one will successfully defend the use of it by mentioning that bit of trivia. Anyone who sports an Iron Cross in this day and age almost certainly deserves to be side eyed.

You know the Iron Cross as a medal still exists right? It's name and design has changed slightly but it's still in use, it's now the Badge of Honour of the Bundeswehr. It's also been the symbol of the Bundeswehr since 1956.

It's also quite prominent in the Metal community especially for fans of Motorhead.

Not saying that it's not misappropriated an awful lot, but as someone who did a History thesis on the origin and use of the Iron Cross as a medal for bravery it irritates me to see it automatically dismissed as "nazi symbol"

Oct 26, 2017
Seconded.

Not to mention I did say it gives them plausible deniability when people do confront them about their thoughts and beliefs. Which is why they use it.

Last edited:

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Sooo ... the german army and several german state agencies deserve to be side eyed in your opinion because ... they might be nazis?

BobLablow

Apr 18, 2018
The cult are the people who will tell you to get over 2016, while also pissing their Trump tighty whities laughing at this.

Biggavell

Banned
Dec 26, 2019
Sooo ... the german army and several german state agencies deserve to be side eyed in your opinion because ... they might be nazis?
I mean, the confederate flag is still flown by some "state agencies" in the U.S. Do you think Germany's government is completely free of Nazis?

May 24, 2019
Everybody associates white paint gun art/slogans with psychopaths, right? Our NZ mosque shooter had crap all over his stuff.

Oct 27, 2017
You know the Iron Cross as a medal still exists right? It's name and design has changed slightly but it's still in use, it's now the Badge of Honour of the Bundeswehr. It's also been the symbol of the Bundeswehr since 1956.

It's also quite prominent in the Metal community especially for fans of Motorhead.

Not saying that it's not misappropriated an awful lot, but as someone who did a History thesis on the origin and use of the Iron Cross as a medal for bravery it irritates me to see it automatically dismissed as "nazi symbol"
I think it's a questionable symbol to don unless you're in that particular German military and have been awarded it.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, the confederate flag is still flown by some "state agencies" in the U.S. Do you think Germany's government is completely free of Nazis?
You're doubling down on saying that most german state agencies and the whole german army might be nazis? Really?
I guess all the Oi Punk, Hardcore Punk, Rock and Metal bands the Iron Cross are also nazis now because its one of the most common symbols in punk?

Noog

â–˛ Legend â–˛
May 1, 2018
spoiler alert: Hillary Clinton would be entirely irrelevant if these idiots stopped obsessing over her. They're keeping her relevant

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Hillary should go to a shooting range for shits and giggles and have a "Ronald Krump" sillouet and take a selfie there. Just do it who cares.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Deus Vult is all I need to see. He knows exactly who he's pandering to: people who are convinced of the need for an all-white America.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Jesus Fucking Christ.

Some of you are complete shitlords and I really can't understand how anyone can sit here and play these games with y'all.

What does context mean? How does context work? Its not an Iron Cross..... whoopedee fucking do. Its a Jerusalem Cross. Okay.....

What does the Jerusalem Cross signify? A Coat of arms for 11th Century Christian crusaders who fought during the Middle Ages. Its painted on the fucking gun of White Supremacist Jr..... (who has a mag with the picture of a jailed political opponent )

In a picture posted a few days after his White Supremacist ass daddy committed a war crime against a Middle Eastern countries leadership.

Who are you morons trying to fool? Why do you think people are stupid and will buy your bullshit?

like I have to crack off cuz its dumb as fuck reading these posts.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Deus Vult is all I need to see. He knows exactly who he's pandering to: people who are convinced of the need for an all-white America.

I chose to double post just for that too.

Guy in the comments saying Deus Vult. For those who don't know:

Deus Vult" ("God wills it" in Latin) was a battle cry called out by crusaders at the declaration of the First Crusade in 1095

So anybody tryin to pull the tired ass "hurr durr He could be a fan of Motorhead" can get slapped.

Its just the circle game man.

Deathman

Oct 25, 2017
I chose to double post just for that too.

Guy in the comments saying Deus Vult. For those who don't know:

Deus Vult" ("God wills it" in Latin) was a battle cry called out by crusaders at the declaration of the First Crusade in 1095

So anybody tryin to pull the tired ass "hurr durr He could be a fan of Motorhead" can get slapped.

Its just the circle game man.

That's not what we're clarifying and well done on immediately targeting others with accusations. Calm the fuck down and read before assuming people are defending him. We know it's a jerusalem cross, we know he's probably not a motorhead fan and we know he's a shitbag.

Given someone here basically said that anyone using an Iron Cross is basically a nazi, it's clear that an explanation of the Iron Cross actually was necessary.

Now, calm down and read and understand what people say before jumping in going "HURR DURR YOU GUYS ARE TOTES NAZI DEFENDERS AND ALT RIGHTERS HURR DURR"

Also, don't call me a shitlord if you can't even fucking bother to read what I posted.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus Fucking Christ.

Some of you are complete shitlords and I really can't understand how anyone can sit here and play these games with y'all.

What does context mean? How does context work? Its not an Iron Cross..... whoopedee fucking do. Its a Jerusalem Cross. Okay.....

What does the Jerusalem Cross signify? A Coat of arms for 11th Century Christian crusaders who fought during the Middle Ages. Its painted on the fucking gun of White Supremacist Jr..... (who has a mag with the picture of a jailed political opponent )

In a picture posted a few days after his White Supremacist ass daddy committed a war crime against a Middle Eastern countries leadership.

Who are you morons trying to fool? Why do you think people are stupid and will buy your bullshit?

Thank You. Seriously, as someone who was threatened by White guys with iron crosses and AR-15s in Florida and Arkansas, these people can miss me equivocating over historical context.

Biggavell

Banned
Dec 26, 2019
Jesus Fucking Christ.

A lot of gaslighting in this thread. They think they're slick.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
That's not what we're clarifying and well done on immediately targeting others with accusations. Calm the fuck down and read before assuming people are defending him. We know it's a jerusalem cross, we know he's probably not a motorhead fan and we know he's a shitbag.

Given someone here basically said that anyone using an Iron Cross is basically a nazi, it's clear that an explanation of the Iron Cross actually was necessary.

Now, calm down and read and understand what people say before jumping in going "HURR DURR YOU GUYS ARE TOTES NAZI DEFENDERS AND ALT RIGHTERS HURR DURR"

Also, don't call me a shitlord if you can't even fucking bother to read what I posted.

Nah, fuck all that. Ill be calm when we don't have deal with this dumb shit going on in our country anymore.

Its irrelevant because its unnecessary to the topic. Its always been about context to these situations. We talking about the Presidents shitbag son. Its got nothing to do with fucking moorhead, german army or whatever the fuck. Theres no point even bringing that up.

If you end up at a political environment and spot some people with cross tattoos, its highly fucking unlikely they are sharing their love of metal music. So nah, I'm not gonna be calm with all these goofy ass people and their benefit of the doubt bullshit.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017

Was it, though? It should be clear that the kind of people Trump, Jr. is baiting here are not punk rockers and skateboarders.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Was it, though? It should be clear that the kind of people Trump, Jr. is baiting here are not punk rockers and skateboarders.
The thread startet calling the Jerusalem Cross an Iron Cross the same thing even tho they look completely different and have completely different origins and meanings.
Then for some reason some guy started to suggest that everything related to the Iron Cross might have to do something with Nazis, even the whole modern Germany.
And then someone got angry because people stated that Jerusalem Cross and Icon Cross are two different things. One Cross is clearly a racist context, the other not.

So yeah. That's this thread in a nutshell.

Thats the Jerusalem Cross which is used in a definately racist context in the picture:
flat,128x128,075,t.u1.jpg

And that's the Iron Cross which people claim to see in the picture:

Deathman

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, fuck all that. Ill be calm when we don't have deal with this dumb shit going on in our country anymore.

Its irrelevant because its unnecessary to the topic. Its always been about context to these situations. We talking about the Presidents shitbag son. Its got nothing to do with fucking moorhead, german army or whatever the fuck. Theres no point even bringing that up.

If you end up at a political environment and spot some people with cross tattoos, its highly fucking unlikely they are sharing their love of metal music. So nah, I'm not gonna be calm with all these goofy ass people and their benefit of the doubt bullshit.
There's a point bringing it up when people fucking make broad sweeping generalizations because they're ignorant as fuck.

Not one person discussing the Iron Cross in this thread made any "benefit of the doubt" comment, nor did any of us "gaslight" as mentioned by another person.

Not everyone who understands the meaning of something is trying to defend " President shitbags son" at least in my case I'm trying to help people with understanding whats racist/alt right and what's not so they don't make some stupid ass fucking comment like generalizing an entire fucking countries army or a subculture of people.

I'm not from America thankfully and your countries descent into the alt right is unbelievably worrying, but jumping at literally anybody that says anything contrary to you is fucking childish, so grow up.

Considering people are apparently confused, I get that dickhead jr is an alt right fuckwit, I don't agree with him and I think he's a living pile of scum, I was clearing up a misconception on the first page. But then if you'd actually read what I posted you'd fucking know that already.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Variants of the Maltese Cross, which has been around for hundreds of years

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
The thread startet calling the Jerusalem Cross an Iron Cross the same thing even tho they look completely different and have completely different origins and meanings.
Then for some reason some guy started to suggest that everything related to the Iron Cross might have to do something with Nazis, even the whole modern Germany.
And then someone got angry because people stated that Jerusalem Cross and Icon Cross are two different things. One Cross is clearly a racist context, the other not.

So yeah. That's this thread in a nutshell.

Thats the Jerusalem Cross which is used in a definately racist context in the picture:

And that's the Iron Cross which people claim to see in the picture:

All just an argument of semantics that has no point. "That racist cross is called something else!" is about the most pointless discussion to be had when both statements "That cross is racist" and "The Iron Cross is racist outside of like two specific contexts" are true.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Do Trump cultists ever ask why Hillary isn't in jail yet with their god king in charge?

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
I find it ironic that one of the Republicans "talking points" about Trumps impeachment is that the Democrats hate him and hated him before office.

I'm trying to find a Democrat with Trump behind bars on a gun magazine and failing miserably.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
That fact she's not in prison shows how pathetic his dad is.
This. The whole family - the whole cult of Trump in fact - hold onto her like she represents some great victory for them... But for the fact that she is very clearly not locked up, not going to be locked up shows what a fucking joke they are.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
There's a point bringing it up when people fucking make broad sweeping generalizations because they're ignorant as fuck.

Not one person discussing the Iron Cross in this thread made any "benefit of the doubt" comment, nor did any of us "gaslight" as mentioned by another person.

Not everyone who understands the meaning of something is trying to defend " President shitbags son" at least in my case I'm trying to help people with understanding whats racist/alt right and what's not so they don't make some stupid ass fucking comment like generalizing an entire fucking countries army or a subculture of people.

I'm not from America thankfully and your countries descent into the alt right is unbelievably worrying, but jumping at literally anybody that says anything contrary to you is fucking childish, so grow up.

Considering people are apparently confused, I get that dickhead jr is an alt right fuckwit, I don't agree with him and I think he's a living pile of scum, I was clearing up a misconception on the first page. But then if you'd actually read what I posted you'd fucking know that already.

I read what you posted, I just don't care because again... its unnecessary. Google is free. Anyone can look and see the iron cross has cultural meaning to Germany.

But again, we talking about America. Which you've already expressed you don't live here.... That fucking cross is a racist symbol here. Those metal fans you're talking about are already niche as fuck and insular so they'll recognize each other.

Anybody else rocking that symbolism is usually on some fuck shit. So again context. You gave your little history lesson, Im giving the modern depiction of what it means right now in the US.

And the best context of all is the person displaying such symbolism.

Im not bothered with how pissy you are honestly, Ive said my peace. You can call it childish, but you also don't have to deal with people constantly trying to downplay and obfuscate clearly racist callouts. I have no tolerance for it.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Fucking Christ.

i just said its the jerusalem cross, said nothing more, but i agree with you

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
All just an argument of semantics that has no point. "That racist cross is called something else!" is about the most pointless discussion to be had when both statements "That cross is racist" and "The Iron Cross is racist outside of like two specific contexts" are true.
Thing is that it's not about "like two specific contexts" because the Iron Cross is the symbol of germany, even from a time before germany existed.
Basically the symbol of the german state is the "Bundesadler" (german eagle) and the symbol of the german / prussian idea is the Iron Cross (with "germania" beeing the symbol of the german people). It's featured in some historic and modern buildings like the Brandenburg Gate, public agencies and civil services:
1280px-Brandenburg_Gate_Quadriga_at_Night.jpg
Saying that everything related to the Iron Cross must be Nazi stuff is simply wrong. Implying that modern germany is still Nazi related is even worse.

I agree on the other stuff regarding the use of the Jerusalem Cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.