• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 30, 2020
He certainly has the money to do so, unfortunately.
But he really doesn't. Like everything else about him, it's illusory. He's not classy, he's not strong, I doubt you could even make the case for him being intelligent enough to demonstrate sentience and sapience. He's so tremendously in debt that his very presence lowers a country's worth. There's a reason no American financial institution, regardless of their political affiliations, will even take his phone calls.

Or to sum it up by quoting Chris Rock, "man's so broke people won't even take his cash."

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Could he make his own version of Twitter?

He could, but he'd have to find hate-friendly hosting or build his own infrastructure from scratch - and he'd still be down tens of millions of followers, which is actually the part that pisses him off the most about this.

Deplatforming works, and don't let anyone say otherwise. I haven't heard from Trump in 2 days, and that can only be a good thing.

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
gaf becoming so insane is wild to me. center-left to very very right
gamer gate really ruined the community for the worse in some

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
He could, but he'd have to find hate-friendly hosting or build his own infrastructure from scratch - and he'd still be down tens of millions of followers, which is actually the part that pisses him off the most about this.

Deplatforming works, and don't let anyone say otherwise. I haven't heard from Trump in 2 days, and that can only be a good thing.

It would take billions and billions to even start approaching something similar to twitter and even then would be a struggle to try an capture lightning in a bottle.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Could he make his own version of Twitter?
Plenty of people have tried, it never works.

RIght wing platforms like Parler only exists because people want to be able to be free from consequence, people on the left won't ever move to a platform like that because they don't want to be part of a cess pit of bigotry that is allowed under the guise of "free speech".

The people that move to platforms like Parler get to spew their hate, but only to each other. They don't get the attention they crave from it, so they still use Twitter and other platforms to to get that kick. Eventually, they use the former less.

Also, the people on the right who want to move to places like Parler are shit at meems, despite their insistance otherwise. Their platforms will never capture the larger soclal conciousness that is required for them to become dominant or even truly competitive.

pizoxuat

Jan 12, 2018
Rumor is that Trump wants to hold a rally at the Alamo. If it is true, whichever staffer talked him into that is a masterful troll, and I salute them for using his ignorance of history against him.

Dec 30, 2020
Rumor is that Trump wants to hold a rally at the Alamo. If it is true, whichever staffer talked him into that is a masterful troll, and I salute them for using his ignorance of history against him.
"Join us as I broadcast live from the Alamo's basement..."

Maybe they just didn't finish the movie

That really is a stunningly accurate description of Trump in general, "a man who doesn't watch the ends of movies." He watches Scarface and salivates over certain depictions of power, but he's never seen the conclusion. I recall an interview with an aide once who said he was only interested in certain scenes from a VanDamme film, and grew disinterested if people tried to get him to watch the entire film.

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
But he really doesn't. Like everything else about him, it's illusory. He's not classy, he's not strong, I doubt you could even make the case for him being intelligent enough to demonstrate sentience and sapience. He's so tremendously in debt that his very presence lowers a country's worth. There's a reason no American financial institution, regardless of their political affiliations, will even take his phone calls.

Or to sum it up by quoting Chris Rock, "man's so broke people won't even take his cash."
Alright apparently he doesn't xD.

EMBee99

Oct 27, 2017
Austin, TX
Wait, the Alamo? Asides from the optics, it's right in the middle of downtown, which would be a massive security issue. Plus, I remember it being not exactly a place you could hold a rally. I don't think it'll happen.

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
Someone needs to tell Trump that The Alamo has a panic room in the basement. He will be be safe if things get out of hand.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Yokijirou

Oct 27, 2017
There's A LOT of tools they lose by not having access to AWS, Azure, Apple and Google. Gonna take them some time.

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
Are they going to be asking for cash in envelopes going forward? 😆

But if the mail system isn't safe enough for them to vote, why do they think they would be able to use it to send funds to their terrorist leader? I can see them all getting into some obscure cryptocurrency grifts soon.

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
Trump showing up to Alamo, TX in hopes of using The Alamo as a backdrop is something comedy writers would say is too hack but it's 100% possible here.

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
The Alamo is over 200 miles away, in San Antonio. Alamo, TX is a border town.

Yeah, I'm from SA, that's why I was saying it's so dumb that you couldn't even write it without being laughed at lol

Trump showing up to brag about his wall, asking his staff where the Alamo is so he can stand in front of it for his speech, and them having to inform him that, sir, that's a different city.