• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tallshortman

Oct 29, 2017
He'll almost certainly have a chance and would likely breeze through the primary but keep in mind the incumbent typically has a built in advantage. As long as Joe keeps a steady hand on the country and the economy with no large scandals he would likely be a big favorite. I'm assuming a second Trump run would convince him to run again.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
His upcoming lawsuits will make that pretty difficult, but this should be expected and Dems should have a game plan.

Absolutely.

As much as we would like to, we cannot spend the next 4 years acting like Trump is a thing of the past and that he'll go away. We need to be prepared for the likelihood that he becaomes the nominee again and will face off against Harris - assuming Biden doesn't run again and no one tries to primary Harris.

We've won the battle folks, but we gotta keep fighting to win the war.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
That's one way to get Biden to do a second term. Unless they straight just gave him the nom, he'd have an interesting battle in the primaries.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
I am sure he is. I am also sure all the money he will raise for his 2024 run is going to go in paying off his debt and pay his legal defense.

I ain't worried. Fours years is a long time. Might be more worried in 2024 though.

Drek

Oct 27, 2017
He's going to keep pushing that narrative until he's either A. dead or B. names a successor to Trumpism, likely one of his kids. It'll fall apart shortly after that because his kids lack his ability to sell bullshit with nearly the success he does, which is why they all ride his coattails everywhere.

He won't be in jail by the time the 2024 primaries start in 2023, it takes way longer to put a rich white guy in jail for financial felonies than that.

He won't publicly go bankrupt, there is money and power in propping up his MAGA circus, so even if all his mainstream creditors pull the plug on him you'll have dark money from conservative power brokers/special interests wanting to steer him as they see fit.

The real test for Trump is probably the runoff in Georgia. If his MAGA cult suddenly stay home for the runoff when he's not on the ticket, like they did for the 2018 midterms, and the Dems take the Senate his worth to the GOP, and their incentive to protect and prop him up, drops dramatically.

If that happens it'll be all-out civil war though. Most previous Presidents stepped well away from politics for several years after their term(s). Trump is going to feel real jilted when he finds out that now that he's out of office Mitch McConnell couldn't give two shits about him anymore. With Trump no longer relevant to the agenda he'll be set aside. If his cult won't even show up in elections without Trump McConnell and co. are going to try to shut him down as they know how much hay they've made on Dems historically being an every four years party. They can't afford to have Trump turn them into that.

Big Powder

Oct 25, 2017
This is the scariest possibility to me, and I don't know why I didn't even consider that he might try to run again. I hope he's too devastated from the loss.

Please don't underestimate the size and determination of his cult. Prior to 2016, it was nowhere near the size it became. If he gained that following once, he can likely get it back again using his typical dishonest tactics. Don't forget: we projected a Biden landslide, yet things were still a bit closer than we expected. There was still a little less than half of the voting population that was willing to vote for Trump's reelection despite all the awfulness he's blatantly done. There's much to celebrate with Biden's victory, but I think we should treat this as the credible and terrifying threat it is, at least until we know for sure that it isn't.

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
If there was ever a time for the Lincoln Project to actually show some god damn usefulness moving forward, it would be in the 2024 Primary

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Entirely depends on joe on how effective trumps campaign will be. This race was far too close, and honestly, even if joe does everything perfect, trumpstans will take those 4 years of seething and will be guaranteed to be rallying to get trump back in 2024. if anyone thinks trump doesn't have a chance they are delusional. he will be even harder to defeat in 2024 if he continues with that plan.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
If the GOP thinks about running him again, they'll get destroyed.

If they're smart, they'll move onto another candidate, & hopefully a moderate one.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Whatever. We'll cross that bridge when we get there. For now, I'm going to sit back and enjoy having an actual sane president in the White House for the next four years.

Mar Tuuk

Oct 31, 2017
If that happens it'll be all-out civil war though. Most previous Presidents stepped well away from politics for several years after their term(s).
Difference compared to Carter or HW Bush is that Trump gained votes on reelection and still lost. He has a solid shot to win. Carter and Bush lost alot of votes on reelection.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
Let him, he will divide the Replican votes (assuming he still has a following or is even alive in 4 years)

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
He will be far far into the depths of dementia by then.

But sure, lets kick his ass again.

JJH

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Biden should sign an EO that all candidates must show their tax returns.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
A lot can happen in 4 years lol. Just hope by then he's been convicted and also banned from Twitter.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they beat him over the head with all the stupid shit he does during his lame duck period.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Can't wait for the Rs to get excommunicated for running attacks against him in the primary. Poor Ted Cruz.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
In all seriousness Trump (and Trump Org) will be swamped in several lawsuits, and as of last week it was reported that Deutsche Bank wants their money so he'll be tied up with creditors as well. I'm sure he can get MAGAs to float his legal bills for a time, but the RNC has a 2022 election to prepare for without him on the ballot.

Biden should sign an EO that all candidates must show their tax returns.

President can't make rules overruling state election laws.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be generous and give this a 10% chance of happening. But I do love that it implies he's not going to put up too much of a fight for this election

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Doesn't Trump have like millions due on loans in like 2 years from now? 400m+? I wonder if that would hurt him besides all the other legal shit he will be in February of next year.

Yeah, & if Trump doesn't pay up, they can seize his businesses & assets as a form of payment, such as Trump Tower in Manhattan.

And not to mention tons of lawsuits heading his way before & during the presidency. He'll be very crippled financially.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a GoFundMe I can donate to that will provide him three McDonald's cheeseburger + Diet Coke meals a day?

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
I Biden can't run for a second term and God forbid passes away he may have a chance.

Djalminha

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
Lol at the fact that he is expecting to be alive and in good health to complete a presidency in 2028.

Drek

Oct 27, 2017
Difference compared to Carter or HW Bush is that Trump gained votes on reelection and still lost. He has a solid shot to win. Carter and Bush lost alot of votes on reelection.
I think he could definitely win re-election if the GOP stick with him. What I'm saying is that Trump isn't prepared for the reality that as of January 21st Mitch McConnell and the GOP power brokers no longer really give a shit what Trump's opinions are anymore. He's no longer relevant to policy until he can re-take the nomination.

He's going to go from the head of the party to having zero real authority. He's used to turning on everyone else the second they're not useful, not being the one turned on. I wouldn't be surprised if that shakes him more than anything else once out of office. The tantrums will be epic.

And if the red hat cult don't show up in Georgia in just under two months its going to be real ugly, because then even the narrative of him as kingmaker for the next in line doesn't really work.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I'll be generous and give this a 10% chance of happening. But I do love that it implies he's not going to put up too much of a fight for this election

If his concession speech is nothing but him whining about how he was cheated and immediately promising to run again he'll be driving a stake through attempts at "meeting in the middle". It'll just be MAGA 2.0.