• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
The broken electoral college in certain states where the cult is strong might.

Impeachment, in general, was probably not going to change that situation one way or another.

Primarily what needs to happen is that Dem voters show up next year.

Besides that, hope that undecideds have had enough of Trump's shit, and become convinced that Dems have the drive and organization (as they did with this impeachment) to actually get things done, as where Trump-led Republicans can hardly keep people hired, let alone pass policies.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
He won by miniscule amounts with the EC big picture. He is way way way more hated now overall and so many on the fence people from last time hate him.

I hope you're right! In a way I hope he loses the election rather than removal from office because President Pence would be equally and in some respects more terrifying! At least losing an election removes everyone in his administration.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
This is all so baffling for me. All this song and dance routine just to blacken Trumps' ego?
Who cares? If you cant get rid of him and make him stand trail for his crimes what's the point?

If they have essentially voted to get rid of him but he wont go, isn't he a dictator?
The point is that if the Dems hadn't done this he would've just brazenly tried to continue his cheating. If they had let this go then it signals to him that he's untouchable and has free reign to ask anyone else to interfere in our elections for his benefit. I mean, the motherfucker carried out this Ukraine scheme literally the day after Mueller testified! Imagine what he'd be doing now if Dems just let it slide.

The hope is that this scares him into not trying anything else. But knowing Trump...

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
This is all so baffling for me. All this song and dance routine just to blacken Trumps' ego?
Who cares? If you cant get rid of him and make him stand trail for his crimes what's the point?

If they have essentially voted to get rid of him but he wont go, isn't he a dictator?

Why bother doing anything at all? What's the point? Let's all just sit around with our dicks in our hands while the fucking government is on fire because what's the point?

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Saw on imgur.
YwQJUYy.jpg

GTfSC79.jpg

Remember when people said "Give him a chance." when he won the election and everyone else who had two connecting brain cells and a bit of knowledge of his history said "No, he is and always has been a garbage human being on every level"?

Should listen to those people more.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Officially impeached and we still have people here arguing in horrible faith.

I can't even say ignorance is the issue anymore. Ban anyone purposely being oblivious – please.

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
User Banned (1 Week): Hostility, prior bans for hostility
Oh just shut the fuck up with your disingenuous bullshit, I am fucking sick of it.

^This is exactly the kind of outrage reaction with no thought that got us in this situation.

Cussing me out really going to help anything? No it's just for your little feelings. But the truth is at end of your little feelings is a whole lot of nothing. But at the end of actually using your brain is a real workable solution. Likewise with Dems freaking out with this whole waste of time impeachment as opposed to keeping their cool and watching Trump lose 2020.

So I hope you feel better bud 😀👍

And I hope Dems enjoy it while it lasts too, because after he doesn't get removed he's going to flip this whole thing and shove it down their throats.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I dont know what its going to lead to, if anything. But the dems doing 'anything' to resist i'll take to some degree. Even if its just symbolic sort of thing

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Polls. He was at 30% in dec 2015. That article says he will dwindle based on the polls. He did the opposite. Polls in October 2016 had Clinton running away with the Presidency.
Polls 11 months out mean nothing.

edit:
You also proved my point that no one reads pass the title. Thinking it was about the 2020 election lmao

Something unprecedented happened in October 2016 (Wikileaks' Podesta emails and Comey's surprise dramatic reading) to cut into Clinton's support last minute. Closing polls had her margin of victory at 2-4%. She won the popular vote by 2-4%.

The lesson from 2016 was not "polls are meaningless" it was "election interference works" and "every vote matters".

Terra Firma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not really. Being the third president in the history of the country to be impeached will hunt him for the rest of his life.
How?

I don't understand how anyone thinks being impeached without being removed is going to haunt Trump or affect him negatively in any way. If anything, he comes out stronger for it because it would solidify his belief that he can commit even more brazen crimes and get away with it.

G.O.O.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm starting to think dems didn't really have a choice. Their base wants them to impeach Trump, just like the conservative base wants their reps to defend him.

I hope that'll work for them. Thankfully Pelosi seem to be a smart player.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Not really. Being the third president in the history of the country to be impeached will hunt him for the rest of his life.
A normal person that respects the title? Sure absolutely, will it impact Trump? Maybe but I'm afraid not in a way we want. It may re energize him to campaign harder. Plus now the republicans will want to make a point against the democrats.

it's tough, i guess it was smart to do it now so no matter how much republicans get pissed Off at Democrat's, at least it's not near the election where they would take that anger to the polls.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
So here's a quick recap of the past year and where we are now:

- American voters turn out in force to reject Trump in one of the biggest blue wave elections in modern history.
- A fresh Congress is elected largely on the promise of holding Trump accountable.
- The new Congress holds hearings in which it is established beyond any reasonable doubt that Trump and his associates did in fact do crimes.
- The new Congress votes to hold Trump accountable for his crimes.

And a year from now:

- American voters will enthusiastically accept Trump because the new Congress held Trump accountable for his crimes.

???

Help me out with the gap here. What am I missing? Like keep in mind here that literally the only reason this thread even exists is because the "this will energize his base and secure his reelection" galaxy brain takes are actually complete fucking bullshit.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
How?

I don't understand how anyone thinks being impeached without being removed is going to haunt Trump or affect him negatively in any way. If anything, he comes out stronger for it because it would solidify his belief that he can commit even more brazen crimes and get away with it.
Exactly.
This makes no sense.
If it won't actually get rid of him, this whole thing is a broken, pointless, farce, that may just end up empowering him in the long run.

And I'm not saying 'do nothing'. I'm saying that this whole impeachment thing falls apart when Trump is protected behind an army of cronies and schicopants.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Clowns: Why aren't the Democrats doing anything to impeach Trump? Nothing matters!
*Democrats proceed to impeach Trump*
Clowns: What's the point of impeaching him? He won't be removed. Nothing matters!

Okay fucking Kefkas.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Exactly.
This makes no sense.
If it won't actually get rid of him, this whole thing is a broken, pointless, farce, that may just end up empowering him in the long run.

And I'm not saying 'do nothing'. I'm saying that this whole impeachment thing falls apart when Trump is protected behind an army of cronies and schicopants.

Considering opinions haven't much changed since this whole thing started I think it just reconfirms where a lot of people stand which in the end does nothing beneficial for Trump.

game-biz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

- American voters turn out in force to reject Trump in one of the biggest blue wave elections in modern history.
- A fresh Congress is elected largely on the promise of holding Trump accountable.
- The new Congress holds hearings in which it is established beyond any reasonable doubt that Trump and his associates did in fact do crimes.

And a year from now:

- American voters will enthusiastically accept Trump because the new Congress held Trump accountable for his crimes.

???

Help me out with the gap here. What am I missing? Like keep in mind here that literally the only reason this thread even exists is because the "this will energize his base and secure his reelection" galaxy brain takes are actually complete fucking bullshit.
Look at the idiots in this thread, this very page. There's nothing the dems could do that would satisfy these people. Mostly likely they're trolls or they haven't been watching all the hearings. Trump committed an indefensible crime worthy of impeachment. We should not ignore that.

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019

And a year from now:

???

nah you right Dems should just sit back and watch

C'mon man

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
Nah. He will just use it as a new rallying cry and further "proof" of the "witch hunt" against him. I'm convinced this does nothing but empowers him more. Trump only sees things as either winning or losing. He won't give the slightest shit about this if he wins the next election.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
How?

"What are they gonna do? Impeach me again?"

Con_Smith

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The right wing trolls concern crapping and saying this was for nothing still huh? Well if tonguing can be done get out there and make sure you get people to vote, the house did all it's gonna with a little extra sauciness from Pelosi it looks like.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017

And a year from now:

???

You're 100% on the money.

I don't want to say that this forum is full of Russian trolls, but I will say there are easily a few adding to the discord. It's especially obvious after the impeachment. Hasn't even been 10 fucking hours.

I'm going to start reporting peeps shortly. I don't usually do it but I'm gonna let those posts stay in the mods' hands.

Edit* If they aren't Russian trolls, they severely lack the capacity to grasp the bigger picture.

Mar 29, 2018
^This is exactly the kind of outrage reaction with no thought that got us in this situation.

Cussing me out really going to help anything? No it's just for your little feelings. But the truth is at end of your little feelings is a whole lot of nothing. But at the end of actually using your brain is a real workable solution. Likewise with Dems freaking out with this whole waste of time impeachment as opposed to keeping their cool and watching Trump lose 2020.

So I hope you feel better bud 😀👍

And I hope Dems enjoy it while it lasts too, because after he doesn't get removed he's going to flip this whole thing and shove it down their throats.
Just imagine if he had never been impeached. All his bullshit, all his terrible politics and power grabbing, would have been given the complete, complicit "OK" from the whole administrative system.

He had to be impeached. Even if it makes no difference to what will happen in the election, and he isn't removed from office because of it, he still had to be. Because the system had to make it clear that, on some level, how he's behaving is not okay.

Think of it in the very long term. In 100 years, in history classes people will be looking back: "Trump was a problematic phenomenon, and he was the only president to be impeached in his first term, and impeached without standing down."

Now imagine that if he WASN'T impeached. There'd be no such conversation in history class, because all his behaviour would have been implicitly accepted as "the norm" in culture.

This impeachment is hugely important, even if its effect on the election and CURRENT situation isn't that big. (Which it might be, you or I can't know that until the election.)

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Just imagine if he had never been impeached. All his bullshit, all his terrible politics and power grabbing, would have been given the complete, complicit "OK" from the whole administrative system.

He had to be impeached. Even if it makes no difference to what would have happened in the election, and he isn't removed from office because of it, he still had to be. Because the system had to make it clear that, on some level, how he's behaving is not okay.

Think of it in the very long term. In 100 years, in history classes people will be looking back: "Trump was a problematic phenomenon, and he was the only president to be impeached in his first term, and impeached without standing down."

Now imagine that if he WASN'T impeached. There'd be no such conversation in history class, because all his behaviour would have been implicitly accepted as "the norm" in culture.

This impeachment is hugely important, even if its effect on the election and CURRENT situation isn't that big. (Which it might be, you or I can't know that until the election.)
I think history is also going to show the start of us jumping to impeach Presidents more often. Starting with Trump, I mean it would have started this presidency cycle anyway because it's not like Republicans weren't going to try to impeach Hillary as soon as she got in office.

it's going to be yet another thing that will be over done and lose meaning.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Some people here are really beyond help - the Dems and the House did what they are supposed to do.
Just because there are things that are beyond your influence doesnt mean that you get to sit around and do nothing but complain.

They used the tools at their disposal.
So yeah if more President think they can act like Trump there will be more impeachments in future generations....so what ? Might as well remove the Impeachment process all together if it cant be used when a person isnt fit for office.

Mar 29, 2018
I think history is also going to show the start of us jumping to impeach Presidents more often. Starting with Trump, I mean it would have started this presidency cycle anyway because it's not like Republicans weren't going to try to impeach Hillary as soon as she got in office.

it's going to be yet another thing that will be over done and lose meaning.
Idk, I mean if we go back to anywhere-near normal administrative behaviour after this, there should be no need for impeachments. Trump is a real phenomenon I think. Every other person in government is able to behave with more tact and decorum than him, which would guarantee avoiding impeachment.

(Okay, maybe not EVERY other person, but like 95% of them.)

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
nah you right Dems should just sit back and watch

C'mon man
I think you may have quoted the wrong person.

I'm baffled at why some people think this helps Trump. Like, let's go to an alternate reality for a second here.

- Voters embraced Trump in 2018 and the Republicans retained the House.
- The impeachment never happens.
- This thread never happens.

The fact that this thread exists is because it's already been proven that holding Trump accountable is more energizing to Democratic voters than Republican voters. There are no secret moderates who voted for Clinton in 2016 who are now going to vote for Trump in 2020 because impeachment. They don't exist. It would be just as constructive to start pissing the bed about how the wood elves and fae folk are going to vote in 2020.

Voting to impeach was not only the right thing to do morally. I'm arguing that it was also the right thing to do politically.

Last edited:

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Some people here are really beyond help - the Dems and the House did what they are supposed to do.
Just because there are things that are beyond your influence doesnt mean that you get to sit around and do nothing but complain.

So yeah if more President think they can act like Trump there will be more impeachments in future generations....so what ? Might as well remove the Impeachment process all together if it cant be used when a person isnt fit for office.
Y'know, I was telling a few friends after the impeachment...the fact that the Republicans even entertained this thing says a whoooole lot. It means they're scared and relying solely on optics. Which is hilarious lmao

think about it

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been sharing some insights on Twitter before going to bed and holy.... got some heated responses from Trumpists that basically are.

"Fucking Canadian, stay in your own lane with your blackface wearing PM."

"We don't give a shit about your Canadian opinion."

"The US would obliterate Canada if needed."

"Lol 26 followers."

The nicest people.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island

I mean impeachment should be a term saved for getting removed from office but yeah in this context it's a slap on the wrist. People don't even know why or care about why he got impeached. Russians and election rigging? That's something Americans can wrap their head around. Ukraine? You think people care about what happens outside this country unless it involves a fake show of support for a terrorist act with a temporary FB filter and frame for their profile photo? Nah no one cares about Ukraine.
If they can go back and bring forth articles stemming from election rigging. That would have more of a impact.

L.E.D.

Oct 27, 2017
Trump is not going to get empowered over this, I don't know why people assume this. His base hasn't really changed at all and will probably stay where it's at for the duration. Impeachment is not for his base, it's for people outside his base.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
While it's a stain on his legacy that he has been impeached, it will be a bigger stain on American democracy if an impeached president is allowed to stay in power. Any time democracy takes a hit it seems republicans come out the winners lol.I think that's the problem some people are trying to articulate.

But yes impeachment is better than no impeachment. That's also true. So what can ya do but try and let the wheel of justice spin and see where it goes.