• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Didn't Bill Clinton was impeached and then acquitted by the Senate?

This is more likely just a 'symbolic' gesture than one with any tangible differences.

maybe just to attack his 'reputation' (whatever that is) to prevent him from the next year's election.

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
It feels less awesome knowing that my senators are Ted Cruz and John Cornyn.

Indeed, when people say just vote, some blue Texans are like "yeah, we did that." But hey, baby steps.

Trump isnt winning any supporters, just people he hasnt personally pissed off yet. Give him ten months and we'll see...

Anti

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Australia
User Banned (1 Week): Hostility; Prior Bans for Hostility
There are some dumbass idiotic takes in here my gosh.

Even impeached he can run again, which he will probably do. I've been saying since he was elected that he will get re-elected knowing how the majority of americans think.

And you can call me idiot all you want but I am not the one who elected him a the president of one of the most powerful countries of the world. Go fuck yourself.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I really hate the idiots that think this seals some victory in 2020 for re-election. Trump won key states by very low margins to begin with. If this seaways the people who voted the other way by those margins it's done it's job.

just to re-iterate just how close his win was in 2016:
Wisconsin:27,247
PA:68,236
Michigan:11,837
All Dems need to do is win the same states the won with Hilary and flip these three states.

This vote can easily sway the 107k people who helped him win and energize even more people against him. Says the house and Dems actually hold people accountable and now going into 2020 Democrats can sell really holding people like trump accountable.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
These "congrats dems he will win 2020 now" shitposts are giving me life. y'all just holding up a neon sign with a down arrow that says you're a dumbass

It's Trump cultists that have been hiding that are coming out of the woodwork.

I want to know why they aren't banned yet.

And as for Tulsi Gabbard, she's pathetic. Nothing but a DINO as I've been saying this entire time, & she had just proven my point with her statement.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
Never going to happen. They don't care about the people, they only care about the party. Hell they don't even care about Trump, just that he's another GOP president.

I know. I'm saying that if I were a Republican, I would be thinking that I'd want Trump removed from office if it meant a sliver of a chance of keeping the presidency Republican-controlled. Trump is very bad damaged goods right now.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Democrats 2020 slogan should be:

We impeached Trump, now do what the Senate won't and throw him out.

data

Oct 25, 2017
Even impeached he can run again, which he will probably do. I've been saying since he was elected that he will get re-elected knowing how the majority of americans think.

And you can call me idiot all you want but I am not the one who elected him a the president of one of the most powerful countries of the world. Go fuck yourself.
I don't doubt he'll run again. It's the only thing keeping his ass safe.

Let's vote this bastard out by 2020!

Zed

Oct 28, 2017
I love what tapper just said: When people look back a hundred years from now, it's very likely that the only thing they'll know about Trump is that he was impeached.

That's cathartic.

I bet Republicans are going to impeach every single Democratic President in the future (assuming they control the House) to lessen the impact of what impeachment means.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
Trump is just more stronger now and he will be reelected easily in 2020. Democrats shoot on their feet

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018

I'm so glad we have you hear to tell us how the majority of the American electorate thinks.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
according to some people on this thread, the best course of action is to just allow a demented, grossly incompetent racist, xenophobe, sexist man suffering from dementia to suffer no consequences for his actions, as that will just strenghen his base that already loves him?
nah man
Yeah, for some reason folks think impeaching a corrupt President is the wrong thing to do.

Lmao this will NOT make independents vote Republican.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I know. I'm saying that if I were a Republican, I would be thinking that I'd want Trump removed from office if it meant a sliver of a chance of keeping the presidency Republican-controlled. Trump is very bad damaged goods right now.
He is not. His approval numbers are even slightly above where they've been the last few months.

Garbage fucking people.

data

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, removing him to them is a worst move simply because that would be a bad sign to the average american who watches Fox News.

They want to keep him even if he's just a puppet / figurehead, even if it means being a traitor to the US and being an agent for Russia.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas

You're flailing and not making any sense. Take a lap.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
He probably won't even leave office if/when he loses in 2020.

Take him at his word. He won't leave.

I disagree. If he loses in 2020 the GOP will abandon him. They'd have no reason to tolerate him any longer.

Any attempts to resist would be met with massive pushback.

Also why would you ever trust a word out of Trump's mouth? He is a serial liar.

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Describe to me the person who was going to vote for the democratic candidate until this vote happened.

Like, I want to know what's running through that hypothetical person's mind.

His rally's are going to be insane after this. This gives him tons of ammo to get everything stirred up, keeping his screaming fat face all over the news, just like 2016. And that will help him win the election.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Polling also didn't think Trump had a chance to win the presidency.

Truly I'm only talking about what I've seen in my day to day. People think I'm right because my stance on firearms so I hear from a lot of groups of people that have moved over.

Ah I see you literally don't understand how polling works as polling gave Trump about a 30-35% chance of winning on Election Day.

Akainu

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everywhere and nowhere
Count on era to show it's ass it political and race threads.
Wait

Does era not understand his base won't change no matter what? That's why it's his "base"

And that they lost the house...?

And other seats flipped a few months ago..

?

Serious question.
but you see if we do nothing everything will work out somehow.

This thread is doing pretty good for my ignore list.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Polling also didn't think Trump had a chance to win the presidency.

Truly I'm only talking about what I've seen in my day to day. People think I'm right because my stance on firearms so I hear from a lot of groups of people that have moved over.
This is false, polls were accurate in the end and showed things within the margin of error.

data

Oct 25, 2017
His rally's are going to be insane after this. This gives him tons of ammo to get everything stirred up, keeping his screaming fat face all over the news, just like 2016. And that will help him win the election.
His rallys were already insane.

Nothing would've stopped him from holding them and nothing would've fazed his supporters. His supporters don't give a shit.

Anti

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Australia
I'm so glad we have you hear to tell us how the majority of the American electorate thinks.
I don't have to tell you, if you didn't see it in the last election then idk what else can I do. America is a country that believes in retaliation and even tho impeching this asshole was the right course of action, this will fuel his followers and his party even more.

Zed

Oct 28, 2017
I doubt impeachment is going to help or hurt Trump in the 2020 election. Basically everyone has made up their mind on Trump.

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017
I was of two minds of what the longer term results of this will be (although it's definitely the correct thing to do), but so many people are now seemingly saying deadass "this just sealed his re-election" that I'm now convinced there's no way he wins.