• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
variety.com

Donald Glover, Phoebe Waller-Bridge Team Up for ‘Mr. & Mrs. Smith’ Series for New Regency, Amazon

Donald Glover and Phoebe Waller-Bridge will be putting a new spin on "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" for New Regency & Amazon Prime Video.

It was revealed on Donald Glover's Instagram stories. This sounds GREAT. I really enjoyed their chemistry in Solo, and they seemed tight in interviews and other videos. So I'm 100% down for this.

Here's a link to the Instagram story. It was modeled after a popular TikTok trend.

Login • Instagram

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I completely forgot they were in Solo together

I completely forgot Solo existed

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't watch Solo and didn't even know she was in it. I like work from both of them and have been wanting to see more PWB stuff too. I'm definitely in for this.

soda mixer

Jul 4, 2018
I know nothing about the property, but Atlanta and Fleabag are two of the greatest shows of the past decade, so I'm hella in for this.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Yeah. 15 year old, not well beloved, single work property, Mr. and Mrs. Smith. I'd love to hear them talk about why this.
It's a name that people vaguely remember

And because it's not particularly beloved means they can do whatever the fuck they want with it, it's basically just a loose premise for them to go anywhere with. If anything that's much better to play with creatively than a massive IP with big expectations.

ImpendingFoil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Two great talents in a completely unnecessary reboot. I guess it will be 17 years since the original came out in 2022. That makes me feel old, felt like the last one wasn't that long ago.

hiredhand

Feb 6, 2019
Glover and Waller-Bridge working together is great but I really don't understand why Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

That's like hearing that Dennis Villeneuve's next film is the long-awaited reboot of Backdraft or that Barry Jenkins would follow Moonlight and If Beale Street Could Talk with a sequel to the already-forgotten Lion King reboot.

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
Glover and Waller-Bridge working together is great but I really don't understand why Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

That's like hearing that Dennis Villeneuve's next film is the long-awaited reboot of Backdraft or that Barry Jenkins would follow Moonlight and If Beale Street Could Talk with a sequel to the already-forgotten Lion King reboot.
Yeah, wish she would something else. I love Fleabag and Killing Eve S1.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
gif

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely down for them collaborating. The premise is loose enough that they should be able to do something fun. I can't say I thought the movie itself was anything special.

Oct 25, 2017
The original blew up because of Pitt and Jolie's sex appeal but I think this could work if they mock it a bit. something original would've been better but i'll take my PWB content

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I thought this was Phoebe Bridgers the musician and was very confused. I liked the movie though and I'm sure they're just using the general concept which was a lot of fun.