• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
tumblr_nu81wdNpDl1r7sijxo1_400.gif

I did not know there was a PC ver. of Hercules and that game was one of my first PSOne games

https://www.gog.com/news/weekend_sale_bthe_best_of_disney_with_up_to_75b

Last edited:

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
I always bought old games on Steam. Do I have to worry about compatibility issues with the GOG versions or are they good to go on windows 10 systems?

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Oh wow, Cold Shadow was one of my favorite SNES games back in the day.

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Whoa I thought that Hercules game was a PS1 exclusive. I played so much of it when I was young! I believe there was a demo of it, I think I cleared it like 50+ times.
One of my good friends then owned the game I borrowed it all the time. I could often beat it in one sitting! I must have cleared that game so often.

I always bought old games on Steam. Do I have to worry about compatibility issues with the GOG versions or are they good to go on windows 10 systems?

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe the main appeal of GOG is that they have full compatibility for modern systems. Like, I think they modify code and stuff to make it all work properly. I remember watching a fantastic documentary on them.

Sebalt

Oct 28, 2017
That Hercules game was (and still is) one of the best PlayStation games for me, a little short but very fun and good looking.

Disney was really on fire before, a true shame they don't care too much about gaming anymore. So many potential with their IPs...

Alent

"This guy are sick"
Oct 28, 2017
Holy crap THAT Hercules? Had that on a demo disk and i played it to death but never actually bought it.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Gog was a store actually made originally so that old games could work with modern systems.
No it sells more type of games.

You should actually start buying things in gog if you are part of the group of people that say EGS shouldnt try to get customers the way they are doing now because for one gog actually gives you the game to keep forever and lend it to 100 friends if you want to.
Its more customer friendly than steam.

OP
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
BREH WHAT

Mega Drive

SNES

Is that really what the SNES version sounds like?!

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
Whoa I thought that Hercules game was a PS1 exclusive. I played so much of it when I was young! I believe there was a demo of it, I think I cleared it like 50+ times.
One of my good friends then owned the game I borrowed it all the time. I could often beat it in one sitting! I must have cleared that game so often.

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe the main appeal of GOG is that they have full compatibility for modern systems. Like, I think they modify code and stuff to make it all work properly. I remember watching a fantastic documentary on them.
Gog was a store actually made originally so that old games could work with modern systems.
No it sells more type of games.

You should actually start buying things in gog if you are part of the group of people that say EGS shouldnt try to get customers the way they are doing now because for one gog actually gives you the game to keep forever and lend it to 100 friends if you want to.
Its more customer friendly than steam.

Awesome.

Wife got a $120 hair cut yesterday so I'm going to feast on the GOG store with no worries when I get home.

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
Oooh, I did not realize that Hercules game got a PC release. :O

I know it's not all that highly regarded but I really enjoyed Aladdin: Nasira's Revenge back in the day. I see that one also received a PC version , so I hope they manage to re-release it someday too.

SweetVermouth

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
The camera in Maui Mallard really, really sucks... The constant back and forth scrolling just because you look left/right makes me dizzy. Had to stop playing after 2 levels.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I fucking loved that Hercules game. Time to replay it and kill all my nostalgic memories of it.

OP
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I fucking loved that Hercules game. Time to replay it and kill all my nostalgic memories of it.
It's a short and nice game IMO. As a kid I'd spend HOURS playing it, mainly because we had the PAL version on ps1+ i was a kid so my skills were not as well refined as I got older :V

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
If you need any extra reason to love the Hercules game, this was the Password screen music -

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
I believe it had a few composers, I'm not sure whether we know who was responsible for what track. But yeah, he worked on it for sure.
Yeah, just searched for it and seems it had 3 composers. The thing, most of the tracks on youtube say they are from giacchino, so i think will never fin which ones made who.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
As others have said, quite surprised that there was a PC version of Disney's Action Game Featuring Hercules (I'm not sure why Europe got the most stupid title imaginable).

I remember being terrible at the game, but I have a feeling it had pretty lacklustre controls as well. Looked great though.

dude

Oct 25, 2017
Tel Aviv
I played the Hercules game on PC back in the day, it was amazing. I think I still remember the whole game by heart.

Rule #95 kid, concentrate!

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
It's a short and nice game IMO. As a kid I'd spend HOURS playing it, mainly because we had the PAL version on ps1+ i was a kid so my skills were not as well refined as I got older :V
I've never really killed nostalgic memories with 2d games. Played Commander Keen just last week and it was as good as ever.

I avoid old 3d games like the plague though.
Yeah that's fair, i'm hoping it holds up.I remember it being annoyingly hard as a kid but that might just be because I was a kid.

Funnily, I actually played the PC version originally as a kid. It was one of my first PC games!

Is all the music from the movie in the game? If the game doesnt end with a star is born im going to be sad lol
Its my favourite song from any disney movie.

Unfortunately not, looking it up it seems Zero to Hero plays at the end/over the credits.

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
BREH WHAT

Mega Drive

SNES

Is that really what the SNES version sounds like?!

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I have played Maui Mallard on the Genesis since I was a lil kid and this is literally the first time that I'm listening to the SNES and PC ver. Hoooooooooly shiiiiittttt bruh!

Accoun

Oct 25, 2017
Now they just need to get the older Lego Games on there.
Aww yes, would rebuy a lot of what I have if that meant good modern OS compatibility. Lego Racers worked decent for me (rare crash on launch, but once it loaded I had no issues) but some people apparently had problems? I also tried Lego Stunt Rally and it didn't work at all. Would have to check Rock Raiders.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yoo, I played that Hercules game a LOT on PC.
These classic Disney releases usually come to Steam too right?

Now give me Donald Duck Goin Quackers please.

OP
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Yoo, I played that Hercules game a LOT on PC.
These classic Disney releases usually come to Steam too right?

Now give me Donald Duck Goin Quackers please.
I'll do you one better:
SEGA PLS
DISNEY PLS
GIV US MICKEY AND DONALD CLASSIC COLLECTION BY M2

THEN CAPCPOM PLS
GIV CAPCOM DISNEY GAMES COLLECTION 2 PLS

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
I didn't know about Hercules on PC either.

Another huge thing that I discovered recently about Hercules is that I always played the italian version of the game on PSX and yes, by being PAL it runs at 25FPS and the game is slowed down!

Honestly the only thing I never really liked of it is how slow was the game. I noticed the thing years later rivisiting it more then when I was a kid, even if it was clear even back then that the game was quite slow.

When I triew the USA version at 30FPS with proper ingame velocity... OMG it's another game, WAY better then the one I used to play.

If the PC version is any good and maintain the USA version quality I suggest you to play it, it's still a fun game ^^