• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Look, I'm no fan of Mattrick, but who throws away $100,000,000 worth of Fable Legends development out of a petty spat with a developer not at the company?
I don't doubt Mattrick cut funds or forcesdGAAS trends on Lionhead with Phil Harrison, but Lionhead also had notorious management issues and a pathological liar as a figurehead. I love Fable but I see both sides here are grey. My only hope is that Playground does right by the IP.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didnt OP make a thread like this before? No source just a couple paragraphs of info?

Sometimes the OP be the source though.. like Cboat. Except this for gossip lol

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Is no one going to point out that Lionhead existed for years after Mattrick was gone already?

Making the overblown budget game that nobody asked for, they were effectively digging their grave. Shame too because they crafted a beautiful title there, the Fable 4 it could've become would've been great.

N051DE

Oct 27, 2017
SEATTLE
Just from articles on him throughout the years, see someone being annoyed with and possibly even dislike P. Molyneux.

AmFreak

Oct 26, 2017
fireflame this is nonsense.

Molyneaux went independent and left Lionhead in 2012.

Mattrick left Microsoft in 2013.

Lionhead remained open for years until closing under Phil Spencer in 2016.

Neither Molyneaux nor Mattrick were involved in the closure in 2016.
Encarta 98:3: "You shall not blame good guy Phil"

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
fireflame this is nonsense.

Molyneaux went independent and left Lionhead in 2012.

Mattrick left Microsoft in 2013.

Lionhead remained open for years until closing under Phil Spencer in 2016.

Neither Molyneaux nor Mattrick were involved in the closure in 2016.

I saw the thread title, read the OP, and immediately made the "math lady" face to myself while thinking about the timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.