• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

deadman322

Oct 29, 2017
I'm pretty sure these are the four horsemen of the apocalypse:

7BpOFnV.png
fucking degens from upcountry.

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope people are also paying attention to how people of color are being driven out of the NHL slowly.

Can't believe a hall of Famer and smart guy like Jerome Iginla cannot get a job with the NHL front office.

Nov 2, 2017
I don't wear a fucking poppy because the God damn things fall out of my jacket within minutes. Even using the secret poppy pinning technique. Just because you don't wear a ribbon or a whatever symbol of something, doesn't mean you don't support it. Wearing a poppy is the real life version of changing your facebook profile picture.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
How about the fact that these people come from countries that also fought in the war...

Ignorant piece of shit.

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
I guess this is the Commonwealth equivalent of people going batshit over the flag in the US

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oo, I didn't know about this; was he actually declined for a job?

I don't know the details but there have been rumors that after trying to pursue a NHL office job, he basically gave up.

Think about this: this guy is a scoring champion. Took his team to 1 game of winning the cup. All time leader in goals, assists points among "black" players. Was Captain of his team longer than most Captains. Played for team Canada and never said no to suiting up for his country. You don't hear a single bad thing about this guy....

NHL should be at his feet trying to help grow the game among minorities.

Yet... no one is knocking at his door.

Just_a_Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Racist old piece of shit that should have been forcibly retired decades ago, instead he continues to be given a national platform to spew his hate and xenophobia. It will be a good day when these dinosaurs are all finally gone.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm a white dude Canadian who doesn't wear a poppy because I don't want to put a hole in any of my clothing....100% honest.

I don't wear a fucking poppy because the God damn things fall out of my jacket within minutes. Even using the secret poppy pinning technique. Just because you don't wear a ribbon or a whatever symbol of something, doesn't mean you don't support it. Wearing a poppy is the real life version of changing your facebook profile picture.
I had never thought about this before but it's kind of true lol. I guess the difference is you get poppies by donating to vets, though.

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This has nothing to do with wearing a poppy or not.

He has every right to say that over the years he's seen a decline in people wearing poppys. Then he can rally the parents to explain significance of the poppy to a younger generation. Or tell those not wearing poppys yo ask why they aren't wearing one.

But to single out "you people" as in immigrants is such a racist tactic and it's in line with his previous comments.

Most "you people" have seen more wars and death than Don Cherry. So shut your face and go away.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Something to keep in mind:

Rebel Media has been pushing this narrative all week.

I guess we know what Don Cherry reads in his spare time.

And CBC/Sportsnet is indirectly airing this crap.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy. I can't believe he's gone from TV. It's hard to think about but I've been watching Don Cherry for like 20 years each Saturday night. Just odd to see him off TV. Long over due as the game grew past him. But damn its weird.

Yes. I stopped watching most NHL related stuff because fighting and all that garbage just isn't exciting to me.
Fighting has gone down drastically...but it sounds like hockey was never for you.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As an American who watches hockey, I always just thought Cherry was playing some sort of ridiculous character and that he wasn't as big of an idiot as he was so often depicted. But nope, that's just Cherry being Cherry.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal

If it were still CBC, he would have remained.

But since Rogers owns Hockey Night in Canada, a privately owned company that answers to shareholders acted to save face; public relations.

GraphicViolets

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
should have happened years ago but at least its finally happening. dude has said enough things to get fired 100x over

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
Fired, you say?
Dude will end up on The Rubin Report talking about his frozen peaches any day now, I'm sure.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure he can get a job at the Rebel ranting about immigrants and French/European players taking jobs away from good ol' Ontario boys.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Fighting has gone down drastically...but it sounds like hockey was never for you.

This just goes to show how little you know of the sport. Fighting is basically gone in the NHL. It does still happen but very very infrequently.

I stopped watching hockey religiously mostly after the Subban trade (and I haven't bought the NHL games since the last PS3 title). Still watched some playoff games the first two years Subban was in Nashville. I've always hated fighting in the sport, and the fact that it's less now than before doesn't change a thing for me. I'd rather watch Olympic hockey than the modern NHL, and that's all I said. Assuming that I don't know the sport as a counter argument is hilarious.

About time this loser was given the boot. Took them long enough.