• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What should I do?

• Claim your free pizza

Votes: 732 86.9%
  • Do not claim your free pizza; it's scummy

Votes: 35 4.2%
  • Do not claim your free pizza because they will charge it to the delivery guy

Votes: 75 8.9%

• Total voters

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
i would never claim it. chalk this one up to "guess i wasn't supposed to eat pizza."
i am a dominos fanboy and have a vested interest in them not taking the hit on a free pie.
support pizza makers. do not take the free, cold pizza.
i personally like to make things as arduous as possible for low wage workers not because they are faceless drones of big corporations, but because it makes me feel better about myself.
you get the free pie but you tip the driver whatever the total on the order was.
none of this is important. my pizza is late.
you're so close to figuring out who makes policies like this

Damn I've never seen such vested interest in Domino's Pizza 😅

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think i would ever do this kind of thing tbh. Like getting stuff for free if someone fucks up. That would just make me feel bad.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
uf15wnj8aba01.jpg

my free pie, delivered 5 minutes late.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Does this affect the hourly employee in anyway? If so, I'd be lenient most of the time. I don't really care if my pizza arrives a little late.

If it doesn't affect anyone but nets me a free pizza, then sure.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
My local Pizza Hut has something baked into their automated system, where if the timestamps show your delivery was more than like 15-20 minutes later than expected after leaving the store, they'll automatically email you a coupon for a free 1-topping medium.
This franchise is extraordinarily punctual, however.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
If it means the delivery driver is going to get in trouble or it comes out of their paycheck, then no.

Oct 27, 2017
Why the hell wouldn't I claim a free pizza? It's not like it goes bad after an hour. It's not like I don't eat cold or microwaved leftovers. There's not reason not to claim the pizza

Also where are people getting that a late pizza is deducted/paid for by the delivery person? Was that stated someone or by a former delivery person?

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
These days if your pizza takes too long Dominos just automatically emails you a code for a pizza (well, 60 rewards points, but it's basically a pizza). You don't even have to do anything.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There's no outcome to claiming a free pizza where the delivery driver DOESNT get reprimanded in some way.

A free pizza is not worth jeopardizing someone's employment to me.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Na. If I was so skint I need a free pizza, I wouldn't be ordering a pizza in the first place. If I'm ordering it, I can afford it. So I wouldn't fuck over someone else to save myself a few quid.

Amnixia

â–² Legend â–²
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
31 minutes? No, that is scummy

1 hour? They should be calling you to apologize and give you the pizza for free.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
30-40 minutes, no big deal. I'll still tip even.
Over an hour? Nah buddy. I'll take that free Za, no shame.

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
I have never claimed it, nor have I ever thought of it. Pizza delivery sucks and the drivers are not always the best paid. And usually if it takes awhile, there's something going on either a large unexpected influx of orders, or workers not showing up, or anything else.

If I wanted the pizza fast, I'd get my ass in the car and go get it myself. I'm not going to cause a problem because I am too lazy to go get my own food and rely on others to bring it.

Oct 27, 2017
An hour is ridiculous. I'd still tip the driver but I'd definitely get the free pizza.
On the other hand, I never order delivery. I'd rather save the expense and just go get it myself.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
It's been ~4 years since I ate Dominos, but I'd claim a free pizza even if they were late by 1 second

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The only way I wouldn't take the free pizza is if I knew the driver had to come out of pocket for it.

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
It depends on the pizza. One time it took an hour and it was fine, still warm so I didn't complain. Another time it was cold so I did complain.

julia crawford

Oct 27, 2017
I get that workers deserve better treatment, but the answer to that is not "customers deserve shit service", dude. And yes, if you make someone wait 90 minutes for their food that's shit service.

There is nothing to indicate that this is systemic or that the service itself is at fault though. And some posts suggest that it's a heavy work night. You can't expect service to be great every single time, it's just not a reasonable expectation. This idea of a free pizza makes people think that any single instance of failure is to be compensated and the workers will be thrown on their swords by mgmt because of this unrealistic notion that things can always be good. They're not. It's impossible for things to always be good.

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
dominos thanks those of you spending your weekend trying to guilt a customer into saving them a few bucks

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
There is nothing to indicate that this is systemic or that the service itself is at fault though. And some posts suggest that it's a heavy work night. You can't expect service to be great every single time, it's just not a reasonable expectation. This idea of a free pizza makes people think that any single instance of failure is to be compensated and the workers will be thrown on their swords by mgmt because of this unrealistic notion that things can always be good. They're not. It's impossible for things to always be good.

There is a gap between "great" and "trash". If your pizza is one minute late (so thirty-one minutes total) and you demand a free pizza, you're a dork. But over an hour? Maybe my conscience stops me from asking for a free pizza...but it'd also stop me from patronizing that store again. There's a limit to everything.

I'll give you that I didn't see the part about the Super Bowl. In an instance like that you just go pick it up--you're asking for trouble asking for a delivery. Plus you'd also need to tip like crazy 'cause they're swamped.

OP
OP
FernandoRocker
Oct 25, 2017
México
So, the order arrived 1 hour and 45 minutes late.

The delivery guy hands me the order, and I told me I won't pay for the order. And the told me, angry (literally): "And why wouldn't you pay me for the order, uh". He was literally in fighting pose.

I explained to him that it was very late and he told me it wasn't his fault and he wasn't authorized to give me a free order.

Fuck Domino's. I told him to get out of there with the order.

julia crawford

Oct 27, 2017
There is a gap between "great" and "trash". If your pizza is one minute late (so thirty-one minutes total) and you demand a free pizza, you're a dork. But over an hour? Maybe my conscience stops me from asking for a free pizza...but it'd also stop me from patronizing that store again. There's a limit to everything.

I'll give you that I didn't see the part about the Super Bowl. In an instance like that you just go pick it up--you're asking for trouble asking for a delivery. Plus you'd also need to tip like crazy 'cause they're swamped.

I wouldn't consider having to wait to be "trash" service... trash would need to be legitimately antagonistic. If, in this instance, all that has happened was that the order was lost/given in error to another person and they're trying to catch up, i would definitely not consider that trash service, just unlucky.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

The delivery guy hands me the order, and I told me I won't pay for the order. And the told me, angry (literally): "And why wouldn't you pay me for the order, uh". He was literally in fighting pose.

I explained to him that it was very late and he told me it wasn't his fault and he wasn't authorized to give me a free order.

lol. You handled this in a hilariously bad fashion, and justified blame space making fun of you. The delivery guy isn't the person you tell. You were supposed to call Domino's and tell them.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is super bowl Sunday a thing in other countries?

I'm usually not tripping over late food. If they get the order wrong, sure. Not if it's late.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018

But why wouldn't you pay? You should just contact Dominos later.