• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should I do?

• Claim your free pizza

Votes: 732 86.9%
  • Do not claim your free pizza; it's scummy

Votes: 35 4.2%
  • Do not claim your free pizza because they will charge it to the delivery guy

Votes: 75 8.9%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
México
Here in México, Domino's Pizza still has the 30 minutes warranty. Now, I normally do not ask for a free order if it takes a little bit more time, because I know how stressful the job of a delivery person is, specially in COVID times.

When my order takes 35, 45, 60 minutes, that's OK. I don't usually claim the warranty.

But... Over 1 hour? It's been 1 hour and 10 minutes since I ordered online. The order is probably going to arrive cold.

Keep in my mind that I didn't use Uber Eats or similar apps. I used the official Domino's Pizza app.

What would you guys do?

Smokeymicpot

Oct 25, 2017
If that is the offer take it. They seem confident enough it will get to you in under 30 minutes.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I agree that if it's just a few minutes late, it's no big deal. But an hour? Nah.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
No, this kind of thing can cause accidents.

But I would probably cancel and order elsewhere.

Oct 27, 2017
I've tried a couple of times and they have never honored it. One time the delivery dude told me to pay him half the pizza instead, which we did lol

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
food delivered cold means something in the chain messed up bigtime. So yes

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
depends on the mood. I don't want a driver catching any shit since it's probably not their fault in the first place

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember once I ordered Dominos online and it took 1 1/2 hours to arrive, obviously came cold, and they wouldn't refund me. They gave me a $2 off next order coupon.

Anyways, yes, take the free pizza.

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unless there's inclement weather or something, anything over a half hour late is kind of bullshit, yeah. Most delivery places will tell you in advance if they're running behind too, so... yeah.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
I think the delivery taking twice as much as promised totally justifies claiming the freebie. I full agree with you that if the pizza is a little late, then whatever, shit happens, being a delivery guy sucks. But when it's past an hour I don't think many people would blame you for taking advantage here.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Dominos made 100m in profit last quarter. Why on earth wouldn't you take the free pizza?

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It might be cold but its still fresh. Take that shit and just pop it back in the oven for like 5 minutes and you have a hot pie again.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Here in México, Domino's Pizza still has the 30 minutes warranty. Now, I normally do not ask for a free order if it takes a little bit more time, because I know how stressful the job of a delivery person is, specially in COVID times.

When my order takes 35, 45, 60 minutes, that's OK. I don't usually claim the warranty.

But... Over 1 hour? It's been 1 hour and 10 minutes since I ordered online. The order is probably going to arrive cold.

Keep in my mind that I didn't use Uber Eats or similar apps. I used the official Domino's Pizza app.

What would you guys do?
I would, honestly. At least here in the US, it's pretty automated. If your pizza says it's here, but you obviously didn't get it, you click something like, "there's an issue with my order", you select what happened (late or missing order), and you're given the option to resend the order or get 60 points dominos points, etc.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i would never claim it. chalk this one up to "guess i wasn't supposed to eat pizza."

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always wondered if this fucked over the delivery guy. Like obviously you want them to delivery things on time but there is all kinds of shit that can be out of their hands that causes a pizza to arrive 5 minutes later than expected. Are they on the hook for the lost money?

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
AmericaEra, is this under 30mins or free offer for one pizza or do you also get it free if you order 5? No way these pizzas arent just heated up to get this done in under 30 and delivered to street xyz

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i am a dominos fanboy and have a vested interest in them not taking the hit on a free pie.

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Corporate policies based on satisfying entitled customers/Karen's are scummy.

If your delivery is over 30 minutes (lol, not even long) then take the very small inconvenience and move on with your life.

scummy why? nobody forces them to have that policy they do it because they think it will bring them publicity

if anything the scummy thing is making people feel bad for trying to take the other end of that deal

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't eat Dominos very often, but the last couple of times I've ordered they've been past the estimated delivery time by around 10 minutes and it has automatically sent me a free pizza coupon.

I'm not sure why since I don't think there is any kind of guarantee in the US and I've never complained to them about it being late.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i personally like to make things as arduous as possible for low wage workers not because they are faceless drones of big corporations, but because it makes me feel better about myself.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
there's a reason Domino's stopped this in the USA nearly 30 years ago: because the corporation was liable for damages from so much reckless driving by their delivery staff.

www.chicagotribune.com

Chicago Tribune: Chicago news, sports, weather, entertainment

Chicago Tribune: Your source for Chicago breaking news, sports, business, entertainment, weather and traffic

A St. Louis jury reached the same conclusion last week in the case of Jean Kinder, who was hit by a Domino's delivery driver in 1989. The jurors ordered Domino's to pay her $750,000 in actual damages and $78 million in punitive damages.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch quoted one juror as saying of Domino's: "They don't care about public safety. They care only about the almighty dollar."

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you get the free pie but you tip the driver whatever the total on the order was.

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. Back in the day it used to be 20 minutes in the UK and I lived down a hard to find snickett (We were also poor so didn't really have the lights on whilst watching TV); we had many free pizzas.