• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
E6A1n3CXoAMRrtm

Untitled.png

I'd try these things, but I don't live there lol, how about you?

Putting an actual lemon on the first one feels a bit much tho

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That pizza's got deep flavors?

That's how you know it will be good

I'd definitely pick the lemon off of it though

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
If the lemons are prepared properly (sliced thinly, blanched before baking, etc) then eating them would be no problem.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The seafood one seems good to me. I've had a few pizzas with shrimp on them and they've been great. I'd certainly be willing to try. When I was in Japan Pizza-La always had the more off the beaten path types of pizzas.
It looks like it still does (along with the unfortunately named "pepperoni rubber pizza"):

全てのピザ | ピザ | メニュー | 【ピザーラ】宅配ピザ(出前・デリバリーピザ)をネットで注文。

全てのピザのご紹介 宅配ピザチェーンのピザーラ公式サイト。地域別メニュー、お得なキャンペーン、CM情報などをご紹介

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
OP!! WTF mate?! Why don't you mention the butter chicken curry pizza or the honey mustard chicken pizza?!
Dude those pizzas look good!

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
You're all like 'ew that'd be gross'. What you can't fathom (unless you've lived in Japan) is that the pizzas are totally different than their shitty american counterparts. It's not just the toppings, Japan pizza is awesome.

Your brains can't understand.

Garth2000

Oct 27, 2017
The lemon thing seems super weird for sure, but...

A few months ago, my wife cooked this creamy lemon and chicken pasta dish that has thin slices of lemon cooked with the chicken and cream (added to the pasta later). It was insanely tasty and I scarfed it down.

I ate around the lemons assuming it was just for flavour/garnish. At the end I had a few slices of lemon covered in sauce. The glutton in me wanted to keep eating because it is was so tasty so I took a bite of one of the lemon slices. It was surprisingly good!! The bitterness was cooked out of the pith and the extreme sourness was gone too. It was just a creamy lemony bite and I proceeded to eat the rest.

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
You're all like 'ew that'd be gross'. What you can't fathom (unless you've lived in Japan) is that the pizzas are totally different than their shitty american counterparts. It's not just the toppings, Japan pizza is awesome.

Your brains can't understand.

It's still Domino's pizza tho, not one of the local places...

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Why is Japanese Domino's so expensive? £28 for a large pizza?!
Seems like fast food chains are expensive all over Asia, at least from my experience.
Can't imagine paying that much for pizza, let alone Dominos, when you're in Japan. For less than half that price you can have a godlike ramen.

Though those butter chicken/honey mustard chicken pizzas look good

Mar 18, 2020
I tried the tapioca pizza, this actually seems closer to food.

if it didn't cost like 30 bucks for what would be something between an American personal pan pizza and a small, I might get this just to say I did

actually the delivery price is double the takeout price at dominos

OP
OP
mbpm

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I hadn't even noticed the prices, guess pizza is a luxury in Japan

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
I don't like seafood, but looks fine to me? I mean, I definitely wouldn't eat it due to my aforementioned dislike of seafood, but aesthetically it looks much more appetizing than, say, mayo and corn.

And the fish & chips pizza makes me think a lemon chicken pizza might be a tasty idea.

SpoonSpatula

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love some chips on pizza. Lemons and fish...not so much.

Not sure if we're late to the party in South Africa, but a while back they introduced a Pizza Hut + KFC mashup over here.

8UjEI46.png

Ruck

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if we're late to the party in South Africa, but a while back they introduced a Pizza Hut + KFC mashup over here.

8UjEI46.png

I wouldn't say no to some chips on pizza. Lemons...not so much.
I'd fuck around with this one & the chicken one on the JP dominos summer menu but miss me with the fish lol

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Some other ones too

qivKufI.jpg

Amd yeah, you can get the 4 in 1 that's shown in the ad as well.

Ok I desperately want to eat all of those except the 5 Seafood one. I don't like shrimp and I only like octopus in takoyaki.

That crispy chicken bites one feels like something that could exist in the USA without issue.

TUFCfan

Oct 27, 2017
Saw this on John Daub's Youtube channel earlier:

Would definitely try the Fish & Chips one, but would have to remove the lemon slices. Would understand if it came with some lemon slices to squeeze on the fish if you wanted to, but not sure why they're baked in with the main toppings. That's just really odd.

Last edited:

AwareSnake

Oct 27, 2017
They're doing a Butter Chicken pizza and a Crispy Chicken Bites and Honey Mustard one?! Well, I think I know what I'm eating tonight.