• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LazerRanger

Oct 28, 2017
I agree saw it a few nights ago and had a lot of fun.
I was also surprised by how it touched me emotionally and was pretty inspiring as someone with a passion for creativity.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Really good and worth a watch, although I can't say it's in my top 20 for the year.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, it was a lot of fun, and equally interesting considering the quasi-biographical nature. No reason not to watch it

you netflix havin, CW comic filth watchin, waste your money on disney+-ing plebs

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
Easily one of my favorite movies from last year. Its such a fun movie, every time Rudy Ray Moore gets knocked down he does some A+ hustling and overcomes whatever obstacles he faces. Super fun and heartwarming movie.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know about amazing but I enjoyed it for the most part. Good costuming and pretty funny.

I think I was sold it being a BP Oscar contender and I don't feel that strongly about it. Saw it a couple weeks ago.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
I really enjoyed this film. It was only passingly funny, but it was surprisingly heartfelt, mature and gentle for a film with a "motherfucker" every few minutes. Wesley Snipes wasn't in it a whole lot, but he gave a great performance, and Eddie Murphy managed to straddle a really fine line between comedy and pathos.

I'm not sure I'd go as far as to say it was amazing, or one of my favourites of last year, but I can say it was genuinely surprising - in a good way.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Yes it is, I was very pleasantly surprised to see how much it's structured like Ed Wood (one of my favorite movies of all time). I also like how it's really mostly a comedy and pretty light on the drama.

Good4Squat

Nov 2, 2017
I liked it a lot better than I was expecting. Has a bit of an Ed Wood vibe, which is one of my favorite movies.

Garble Slew

Oct 27, 2017
Atlanta, Georgia
My only complaint is that they included scenes from "The Human Tornado" as being scenes from "Dolemite", inherently fucking up any chance of a sequel.

At the same time I'm glad they found a way to incorporate "Bitch, are you for REAAAAL?" in the film as it's easily the best delivery Rudy ever gave.

Oct 29, 2017
I had tears in my eyes at the end. When they were riding to the premiere while reading the bad reviews, only to pull up to a huge crowd of black ppl who don't give a fuck about what critics who don't represent them have to say about a movie made by/for them. Powerful stuff. Also Rudy's choice to stay out and entertain the crowd. 😭😭😭😭😭😭

PuppetMinion

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I and the friends I watched it with thought it was great. Way more impactful to me since it was about a real person. I am sure they dramatized some stuff hollywood style but still, the big picture felt real.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As a fan of RRM (used to watch the films and listen to his comedy albums when I was younger), I absolutely loved this. The first "WAYYYYY DOWN IN THE JUNGLE DEEP..." and I was hooked. Great stuff.